Is there literally any valid argument to buy a mac in 2018?

is there literally any valid argument to buy a mac in 2018?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 2K)

your boss tells you to go out and buy a mac to use as a test device since their users have more dollars than sense

>argument
Do you normally have to argue with people before you buy a computer? The only reason you need to buy something is that you want to buy it because you like it.

A cleaner UI?

aesthetics
>ps nice digits

why do you care? just let people buy a mac or a desktop if that's what they want
unless, of course, you're some assmad pajeet who's jealous of the people who have the financial means to have that choice in the first place, which is usually the case with these kinds of threads

>argument

Why must it be an argument? You buy a Mac is you like Macs. There's no arguments.

The only one I would even consider is one with an integrated 5k display, because it's actually not hugely overpriced compared to buying a computer with a separate screen. Everything else they are making right now is absolute garbage.

(screen of good quality, I mean)

Unix system that just werkz.

shiny, good support, pretty

-Better UI
-No Cortana Botnet
-Can run a majority of programs
-iWork suite is better than Office

Attached: 1530723943588.jpg (1508x1201, 474K)

No you can just hackintosh

enjoying being shafted and being restrained
GNU/Linux

>gnu
>work

It's better than anything else rn.

I don't think anyone on Jow Forums is stupid enough to use wangblows, so that argument is irrelevant.

It's not a 10 bit display.

1. you are a gril
2. you are an artistic homosexual
3. you like shiny objects, like a crow
4. you don't know what the hell this or that is
5. your wealthy aunt says theyre good she will buy one for you
6. you want your computer to never know how to sleep
7. you never want your window to open to all the edges
8. you want to fit in at starbucks
9. you really dont know what the fuck this or that is

yes. ACTUAL work.
meanwhile apple products bring ZERO contribution to science and human progress, instead they are the worst tech company contributing to pollution since they encourage buying new products instead of using and upgrading parts of older machines.

Attached: DA1YI58W0AACHeE.jpg (1040x682, 152K)

Attached: 1530563392478.jpg (620x3095, 1.19M)

you want something that just works?

If you're using Linux then you're probably not even considering MacOS in the first place

MacOS is good for people who need Commercial programs (Adobe Suite, for example) but don't want to deal with Win10. It's why I use it personally. I've been running a Hackintosh for over a year now and I genuinely don't think I could go back to Windows.

>Better ui
Hackintosh
>No Cortana bloat
Who said you needed to use Cortana, or even have it enabled
>Can run a majority of programs
Windows has more compatibility, programs and games than MacOS
>iWork suite is better than Office
okay but which is essentially a standard at this point

If you need an overpriced laptop with great battery life and mediocre specs go for it.

For that amount of cash I can get Lenovo P71 /P51 and use it for actual work.

Not for the money.

Sick meme bro.

Attached: 272b57d7146dcbacc0b4628dad08d0df5c956702612ce4066039e58cad8d7d42.jpg (900x900, 45K)

if you're rich but have a rich tech background you could get their flagship model and put gentoo on it

>Hackintosh
Never said not to. I do.
>Cortana
Microsoft did in recent updates
>Compatibility
Any program that matters is on MacOS. If you want games, dual boot.
>iWork
They're cross compatible. Anything I make in iWork is able to be opened in Office and vice versa.

sorry to play the devil's advocate.
>better ui
it's according to taste.
>no cortana botnet
there's the siri botnet
>can run a majority of programs
winbugs can run more and can be modified to use programs for apple devices
>iWork suite is better than office
it also uses a proprietary file format that only opens in iWork clients, limiting usage for other users you work with.
there's better things you can advocate for macs than this argumentative abortion. how about the following:
>beautifully laid out internals
>increased productivity when you have other apple devices
>good (albeit overpriced) hardware

>gayming

Or you could just and still use Windows 7 as neither of those programs are Windows 10 or Mac exclusive.

Can be modified to use mac applications?

I would love to try final cut pro. How would one run Mac applications?

>is there literally any valid argument to buy a mac in 2018?
Reselling.

You can save iwork files as their respective ms office versions. Something ms office cannot do

>in 2018?
There never was.

Attached: 1522189107608.png (686x955, 520K)

No, and this is coming from someone who prefers OSX over Win10.

When my 08 Mac Pro finally dies, building a hackinosh.

Surprised no one's mentioned developing iOS/macOS/tvOS/watchOS apps.

They look and feel very nice, but fuck has Apple castrated the Pro line with the shitty USB-C-only thing

t. Own 2016 16" MacBook Pro w/ touchbar (~2.6k€)

Still me. And honestly dropping expandability so much was a shitty move; the keyboard also leaves your fingers sore if you type a lot, the short key travel is also super awkward

literal shiny toys for presentations since microsoft was probably charging them too much and apple (like they done with NYPD) offered those at production cost. for some reason NASA have none of those toys in space, in labs, in anywhere that actually matters.
but it's okay, keep buying their products on payments just so you could pretend you are not poor online. I am sure you will finish those payments until their next product comes up and your current inevitably """"slow down"""""

Attached: asdqwezfdx.png (966x833, 904K)

Because apple is literally everything wrong with the world.

"Lets focus on making utterly pointless poorly functioning devices. BUT THEY LOOK NICE! Lets add a 90% markup so only rich people can buy them, and the innate stupidity of most people will make them instantly assume this product is better because capitalism! Lets make sure its made by the shittest sweatestiest chineseiest children, pay them nothing, hold their family hostage, or force them commit suicide if they dont meet their daily quota!

OH BUT IT LOOKS PRETTY AND COSTS LOTS OF MONEY SO IT MUST BE GOOD"

by installing mac on it

>by installing mac on it

Enjoy the flexion based damage.

macOS.
awesome laptops.

that's why silicon valley runs on them and pretty much every piece of software you use daily is written on MBPs.

why do you even care

Wrong :)

Attached: NASA Engineers with iMacs.png (894x1209, 371K)

this is now a
THICC TECHNOLOGY THREAD

Attached: 359284main_EC68-2101_full.jpg (3000x2250, 832K)

Android confirmed for garbage by NASA.

Attached: lol android.png (841x1234, 311K)

Because stupid pretentious middle class white fucktards (the same idiots that pay for a car on a monthly plan) absolutely LOVE to buy shit like this to "fault their wealth" When in reality if they got fired they would be homeless and ruined in a month due to crushing amounts of debt.

Absolutely not.

With that said, I just bought a 15-inch MacBook Pro (mid-2015) last week after I found a good deal on it (new). It's probably the last good laptop Apple made and is one of the best laptops in the history of computing.