PC hardware is a rip off

I'm posting on g because the problem I have with PC gaming is hardware based.

Ok so above we have a screenshot of battlefield 1. One set to ultra @60fps on a PC vs a PS4 pro. Now after looking at some benchmarks apperently you need a GTX 1080 minimum for this and it still dips below 60.

That already costs you $550 alone. The price of an entire PS4 pro. The rest of the build will probably run up to $1500-2000.

Now look at that screenshot and tell me how the fuck that justifies 4x the price. That's the same thing bruh!

And then to top it of you have all the problems that come with PC

- no offline split screen for the same games
- windows updates
- computer viruses
- making sure the games are compatible with your components
- smaller player base for the same games
- no sport or fighting games
- have to sit at a desk unless you want to get eaten in every game by mouse users
- Proprietary game luanchers. Steam, origin, Uplay, battle.net
- need to upgrade more frequently
- no vibration on the keyboard

Tell me again how superior PC gaming is?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-1-directx-12-benchmark,5017-6.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

install Gentoo

you are a decade late to console wars Boomer OP.

also everyone agree that for these few years that thanks to crypto pc gaming is inferior to console due to extremely high GPU prices

>Now after looking at some benchmarks apperently you need a GTX 1080 minimum for this and it still dips below 60.

The fuck kind of benchmarks have you been looking at? My RX480 runs BF1 ultra@60fps+ without issue, I have never once seen the game dip below 60.

A thread died for this /v/ console war bullshit

>ultra
minimal gains with massive drawback.
go down to high.
and buy a 1070 or 1070ti.

>no sport or fighting games
is this nigga serious?

>no vibration on the keyboard
retard

lots of games are 30fps on ps4.

> C OMEGALUL N S OMEGALUL L E

Attached: tenor.png (480x480, 190K)

>Using the same bullshot ad photo and passing it off as in-game

Fuck off OP, this was a media press photo. Sage.

t. Used this has their wallpaper back in 2016

Attached: battlefield_53-t2.jpg (510x300, 64K)

>Muh gaymen is better than your gaymen!
What's the point? Who gives a shit?

>implying you have friends to do split screen with
>what is turning off updates/download but choose when to install
>what is using an antivirus or just not downloading sketchy bullshit
>what is having a decent gaming pc and not trying to play witcher 3 on an ibuypower prebuilt from 2007
>citation needed
>what is going outside and playing the actual sport, additionally tons of fighting games exist for the pc, and im not talking about shit like mugen
>what is not having a shit desk and a nice chair
>what is gog or just accepting that game devs want some level of protection for their hardly worked on games
>being mad at content additions or bugfixes
>what are haptic feedback peripherals or just using a gamepad

0/10 Op and this is coming from someone with consoles and a gaming pc

wrong board nigger

also you can do more with a pc then a console anyway, you mong

Are we talking about GAMING?

Attached: 1515662755438.png (814x806, 31K)

You will get better framerates if you install gentoo

this i can confirm. went from 30 fps to 160 in every game after installing gentoo

Can't even game on cucklux

Show me a better photo then

Lmao nigga your 480 ain't doing shit. Look at the 4k ultra section, everybody catching L's

tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-1-directx-12-benchmark,5017-6.html

You're providing alternatives but at the end of the day you don't need to jump through so many hoops to own a console. Also why insult me personally? I'll slap you if I see you outside of this board.

Ok but why are people disagreeing right now? I've been in the console wars since 09, I just finally switched sides.

you wont do shit faggola

install gentoo

>Ok but why are people disagreeing right now?

its a fact that gfx cards have doubled or tripled in price

i am a PCuck myself and i advice you to get a ps4 or pr4pro especially if you dont plan to pirate pc games

That's it

>Can't even game on cucklux
except you can lol
inb4 tuxracer

Fuck head

Attached: battlefield_53-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 873K)

Being able to play at >60 fps makes PC gaming superior.

Attached: summer.png (1000x1000, 731K)

>he still plays video games

(((4k gaming)))

fuck off you don't even know what upscaled 4k is

>playing video games
whoa there zoomer!

>problem I have
Stopped right there.
Go to for tech support

>paying 60 (sixty) dollars a year for all online activities

rquesting 90p bf1 screenshot from ps4

-Modding.
-can play 30 year old boomer games.
-can also be used for work

Found the real version.

Attached: IGNleak.png (1280x720, 1.64M)

>get locked out of games if you don't pay 15$ a month
>b-but I own the game here's the disk! pc gamers don't own their games because there's no disk!

This image scares Liniax users.

Attached: pill.png (2560x1440, 1009K)

>gayming

Attached: 1522080297769.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Because it's full of spyware and malware?

These characters scare the winlets:
user@localhost:$

>what is WSL

Who needs optimisation when you can just lock shit behind latest GPU. Lots of games especially YOBA are optimised for console hardware and architecture first, PC second. Still bait thread eat shit and die OP.

Facts

That's what you pay for reliable servers by multinational companies instead of lobbies of people located in Uganda.

Facts everything is console first. The rest of your comment is fiction though. If I catch you outside...

We have 60fps too. Not that it matters.

-We have modding too
-no one wants to play 30 year old games
-everyone has a laptop anyway for work, still doesn't cost as much as a high end PC.

Sage

>consolefag controllers can't advance anymore in input quantity because the brains of console peasants can't take the pressure
>gameplay evolution is at a complete dead end and in a comatose state
>even basic shit like Mount&Blade Warband can't be properly or competitively played on consoles because the shitty console controllers can't accommodate it due to limited input and complete response time degeneration that comes from modifier memes to compensate for this input failure
>gameplay is currently evolving and going into all kinds of paths on the PC while consoles are stuck copy pasting the same games over and over again while jerking off on the only thing that remains which can advance on them: graphics
KEK
Consolefaggots BTFO. Don't even have reverse compatibility. Have to pay again like cucks for old gen games on cloud whose developers are dead so the money goes into the hands of parties that don't deserve it. What a cancerous platform and collective. Even MOBA faggots can't compete with this cancer.

Swallow it you bitch.

Attached: 1530606672744.jpg (665x786, 100K)

Oddly reminds me of Krita...

No I agree with you
but only because new PC hardware is over powered and over priced for most applications anyway.

Shit 1080p is a low end resolution these days and anything over a 1050ti is getting into wasteful territory at that resolution.

You can easily get great performance on a Sandy or Ivy bridge chip, ghaymer shit is a meme

>no offline split screen for the same games
Like you have friends to begin with, splitscreen is shit and not fun
>windows updates
Console updates
>computer viruses
Was back in 2000th, nowdays unless you are really stupid it's near impossible to get viruses even on shitdows. Alternatively dual boot Linux distro/OS X for productivity and Windows for gayman
>making sure the games are compatible with your components
That's the only valid argument, but if you don't go for ultra settings that stopped mattering few years ago 1070 will be more then enough.
>smaller player base for the same games
PUBGE, ASSFAGGOTS, OW say hello, no one care about cancerfield
There are, however you could have made a more specific argument about fighting player-base being so dead and controller being first use for these types of games payer base gravitates toward them. But if we compare dead genres then PC has RTS that you can't play on consoles at all (Starcraft, Warhammer 40k)
>have to sit at a desk unless you want to get eaten in every game by mouse users
Consoletoddler problems, playing fps from a controller is like being handicapped (mentally you are)
>Proprietary game luanchers. Steam, origin, Uplay, battlenet
And consoles are not proprietary? /v/ tard doesn't know how to use words outside of his gayman vocabulary
>need to upgrade more frequently
You don't unless you play on highest settings stretching everything to 4K
Doesn't need to have one when you have precision of a mouse, maybe you like vibrating dildo up your ass tho
Now time for PC.
>Vast modding community that doesn't exist on consoles or an abomination behind a paywall
>Actual stable 60fps, console toddlers are just trying to get one but still fail
>Precision of a mouse, consolefags will get BTFO if pitted against
>Competition and competitive games outside of dead genres
>Emulation for free, always compatible
Typical /v/tard.

Attached: laughing.png (1716x1648, 1.89M)

The valid points of your arguments:
- price
- offline splitscreen
- player numbers
- genre exclusivity
- controller vibration (not really but I'll give it to you)

Everything else you say just makes you sound tech illiterate or grasping at straws.

Anyway compared to console PC has:
- genre exclusivity
- much more customization options
- much larger game library
- no paid online
- on average much more dedicated communitities if you are into that stuff
- easiest platform to deploy an update on
- you actually have a computer not just something to play games.
- hardware customization
- non descriminate controller support
- modding
- abilitity to change FOV
- emulatiom
And more beyond that.

Choosing to play on console is fine. If you wanna play Sports game 20xx and sit back on the couch and feel the sensation of the Dualshock 4™ rumble more power to you. The upfront cost is less and it's way more accessible.

PC is just honestly the superior platform for a lot of people. You have way more options for games and get to play them in ways people on console simply cant.

>this retarded thread
>using - instead of >
>legitimately arguing about gaming
fuck off and die retard faggot OP

S A G E
A
G
E

I thought sage stopped working. Why does everyone keep commenting it?

Cause they not too smart. Dem dam boomers.

Don't you have to pay full price for console vidya most of the time? I never buy games unless they're 50% off or more.

Jesus Christ just do us all a favour and blow your brains out you faggot

Why the fuck do you retards think you're welcome here?
>bbbut it's hardware!!!
It doesn't fucking matter, if it's gaymen it goes on fuck off.

Attached: confusedhayley.jpg (474x683, 69K)

>everyone is a boomer
>everyone is a zoomer
fuck holidays, retarded highschool kids need to go back

there's an entire board to discuss your gay games.

Don't you know? "Boomer" is the new hip meme. Just wait a week or two and the kids will be exhausted from the sugar rush and go on to something else after beating every single fucking meme they know to death.

>Install linux for negroes
How about no

Take it to /v/

We all suck each other's balls in this thread. I'm ashamed I'm even replying. Bye, lads

`
>Ok so above we have a screenshot of battlefield 1. One set to ultra @60fps on a PC vs a PS4 pro.

Playing Pac Man on a supercomputer won't make the graphics better, what are you on about?

>PS4

Attached: GachduinePS4Screenshot3.png (1920x1080, 141K)

I like how he uses Windows Update as a point, but i legit only get updates once i shut my PC off and even that is every few months or so.

But i keep seeing a friend whom if he wants to play on his console, has to wait an hour or so for any kind of update because lol it doesn't work during an update.

Remember to report bait crossboarders posts

show me an actual benchmark and a non gimped version of a game running on PS4 and we'll talk seriously then.

iirc, console games usually lower the resolution compared to what you can have with a PC, remove some graphical options and lock the fps to 30fps.
Your picture makes no sense as stated by >Show me a better photo then
And no, we're not the one making retarded statment, we won't lose time for this shit cause you're a retard. You want to prove a point, do it properly

ITT

Attached: 1470152167113.png (328x408, 83K)

PC gaming is superior simply because the 10yo faggots don't have $2000 PCs and instead get PS4s

PC gaming has an "adult only" filter in most games simply because kids don't have desktop PCs and laptops can't play games worth a shit. That alone, makes PC gaming the best option for an adult. So you can play with other fucking adults and not stupid little mexinigger shits.

PC hardware seems like a ripoff to the unthinking idiot because the consoles are holding back the gaming industry, consoles have only just reached the kind of graphics PC was able to achieve back in 2006, 1080p was a fucking monumental milestone for consoles and most PS4 games can't even pull it off today, complex physics and effects that were possible with ENB, sweetfx are only now being implemented into console games when PC had it since 13 years ago
back when consoles played second fiddle to arcade machines and computers we saw rapid advancement in graphics that consoles couldn't match, the GPU market was evolving non-stop
nowadays you have a stagnating market where everything just stands still for around a decade until the next console generation comes out and thanks to the nvidia-biased duopoly and cryptocurrency mining we see extreme GPU prices which coupled with ridiculously expensive RAM just add up to something far more expensive than a PS4 Pro
if you honestly think console gaming is better just because it's cheaper, then you're fooling yourself, a good computer pays for itself in more ways than just gaming and yo ucan play new games on old rigs, too

Attached: 1486300190816_____.jpg (900x1200, 158K)

epic

Attached: 1507330540607.jpg (660x546, 326K)

>the 4k ultra
kys you whining POS

>That's what you pay for reliable servers by multinational companies instead of lobbies of people located in Uganda.

The servers you play on are hosted by the game devs and not sony or microsoft which are basically ripping you off.

Attached: 1530360825252.jpg (540x537, 58K)

>Gimp sucks haha xD I NEED photoshop to open up pictures of anime girls saved from Jow Forums.org
Kill yourself

The only people playing videogames are teenagers and manchildren user.
When you become an adult you'll start moving on from videogames too.
The reason it's mostly teenagers on every game sever isn't because they're the first generation to be into videogames, it's because everyone starts getting their life together once they hit their 20's and realises what a waste of time videogames are.

Console has always had the best price/performance. The downside of consoles is that those fucks charge like $40-50 a year to play vidya online.

But then again, you don't have to worry about hackers and everyone is playing on an even field (same controller).. PC is full of hackers and pay2win kids with 100hurtz/macro gaymer mouses and no ghosting gaymen keyboards

Attached: 1475558091617.png (600x601, 104K)

as someone who used consoles for basically their whole life for 99% of game consumption aside from some meme f2p games like combat arms on the pc, this is complete bullshit. pc gaming is the pinnacle of gaming and the only option for someone who considers themselves a gaming enthusiast. i recently got a 144hz monitor and going back to my tv and playing my console games at 30 fps is a jarring experience. 30 fps is definitely not ok in the current time. luckily i read the next xbox will focus on 4k60 as an upgrade to the current xbox.

i'm actually playing red dead redemption as i type this. great game and one of the only reasons to get a console. that doesn't mean you get a console instead of a pc but a console to complement the pc for those few console games not on pc. 99.9% of all other games are on pc and best played on pc.

Cuck.

Creative.

Wasting so much time and money on games and game related hardware makes no sense to me. It's weird how gaming can be that high a priority for people. Especially with all the bullshit the industry does.

I mean I get it, to each their own and people like different things. Gaming is just so meh to me.

Tbh blowing money on a higher end PC (not the retarded 1080ti sli gaymershit) can make sense if you use your PC for other things as well.

Does using a mouse and keyboard really give you THAT much of an advantage over a gamepad in FPSes?

>I'll slap you
What a little bitch

>we have 60fps too.

Attached: 3aa2dba20ea833a48d79cccadd6c2a1e99ea7df63df5de43d545edf973b0c18d.jpg (1280x1080, 290K)

Yup.

Attached: boomer.jpg (380x349, 35K)

>video games

you have to be over 18 to post on Jow Forums

The PS4 Pro can't play Nioh at 1080p 60 fps. If you lock it at 60 fps the resolution will fluctuate, if you lock the resolution the framerate will. My 4 years old 970 can play it at 1080p 60 fps locked.
The PS4 Pro can't play the Crash remake at 60 fps. I blow past 144 fps. It can't even run Dark Souls 3 at 60 fps. I paid my graphic card less than what the PS4 Pro goes for right now, and most of the other components I had from 2008 or so.

>starting your bait with a bullshot
back to /v/

>Now look at that screenshot and tell me how the fuck that justifies 4x the price. That's the same thing bruh!
>1280x720
>maxresdefault

but the difference is your BF1 cost you money I got to play your shitty game for free

>cutscene
yeah of course it's going to look the same you faggot

>boomerposting

Your 970 used to cost like 1.5 times more than entire ps4pro when it was released, you know?

Came back to Jow Forums today after leaving for a few months. Saw and he reminded me why I left.

>battlefield 1 ultra@60fps
>"apparently need" minimum GTX 1080 needed
>still dips below 60
aboslutely false. I have a GTX 1060 and get around 90fps average on all ultra settings.

Jow Forums is actually dying even in traffic. There's no reason to come here anymore except for very specific topics.

pc hardware is upgradeable and most people who play video games already have computers. why not have a better computer that does it all and is upgradeable instead of constantly buying new consoles/rebuying ports of old games for newer consoles. I can still play age of empires and roller coaster tycoon on the same machine that plays fortnite and rocket league, plus i can use photoshop and blender pretty well too.

PC gaming just makes more sense. It's not locked down to shit and does whatever you want it to if you have the know-how

>no offline split screen for the same games
Literally no game has it today anyway. It's a dead feature and party games are only good on Nintendo platforms, which are the kind of platforms you get on the side of a PC anyway.

>windows updates
Not an issue unless you're a retard who has issues with rebooting your PC once every two weeks.

>computer viruses
You have to be clinically retarded to get a virus today, even with Windows Defender being the only thing on your PC.

>making sure the games are compatible with your components
Unless you're using VIA graphics cards or a CPU from 19 years ago, literally everything will run. Not an issue.

>smaller player base for the same games
Not an argument. This goes for every platform on a game by game basis.

Every popular sport and fighting game exist on console and PC.

>have to sit at a desk unless you want to get eaten in every game by mouse users
Mouse and keyboard is superior with everything apart from shitty buttonmashers and racing games.

>Proprietary game launchers*. Steam, origin, Uplay, battle.net
As opposed to the proprietary locked down OS of the console you're implying is so much better?

>need to upgrade more frequently
If you buy the right components, you can upgrade at the same pace as console generations if people settled for shit graphics and low framerates as consoles have.

You fucking serious, lad?

Attached: Mr+not+an+argument+man+_3222c944bb0e54d655c9bf904fd789cd.jpg (500x534, 37K)

>that's up to the dev
>kek just disable them or use Linux
>you are clueless, it's not 1990
>untrue 100%
>what is FIFA, PES, NBA, Mortal Kombat...
>true that, since M&K is superior in every way
>I don't see how thats a bad thing, more competition, lower prices
>kek not true at all, you NED TU BUY LAYTST PLAESTESHUN every fucking 2 years, a top of the line PC will go much longer than that
>why the fuck do you need vibrations foe, are you blind?

What kind of 11 year old would post this.

>not realizing the irony of this post

unless you are playing chess here and this is bait too, you lack self awareness

teenagers and children are the ones playing video games. do you think there is still time to waste on games when you have actual responsibilities and have to fend for yourself?

when you grow up, you move on to posting on kenyan artisan bulletin boards, but you certainly don't continue playing games