/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mi Mix 3 Hype Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: 1530900328_zhdvt7.jpg (960x1280, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561
swappa.com/listing/ULP154/view
google.com/amp/s/www.gizchina.com/2018/07/07/ultra-compact-sharp-aquos-s3-mini-now-selling-at-1199-yuan-180/amp/
forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g5s-plus
androidcentral.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-pro-benchmarks-snapdragon-636
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 25158455_558112227855242_5257595834305615848_n.jpg (960x960, 103K)

what the fuck is umidigi?

>country :
India
>carrier:
Any
>features:
1. Decent camera
2. Good Battery life, (will use it for mostly songs, e-mails, office applications, college things etc.)
3. Should have a good life i.e. should not stop working after 1-2 yr., i want the phone to last at least 3 yrs. min

>budget
300$ or INR25,000

Thanks.

Redmi Note 5 Pro my fellow pajeet

are chinkphones good? I've heard bad service reviews and stop functioning after a few months, fellow pajeet.

Thanks.

Is there anything worth upgrading from my Moto g5 Plus for under $400?

Sony XZ1 Compact is on sale for $359 on Amazon.

Something with a large screen maybe?

Attached: 1527367570080.png (1920x1080, 1023K)

Yeah, they're good. Best value for your money you can get. I haven't heard of any major quality issues or defects with the RN5P.

I'd also consider the Nokia 7 Plus for something a little less Chinese.

Sony XA2 Ultra maybe. OG Pixel XL is also available pretty cheap refurbished.

$400 is kinda a wierd spot for smartphones, there isn't that many good options at that price point. If you could spend a $100 more then I'd be looking at Oneplus 6 or Galaxy S8/S8+.

Should I get a Samsung S8 or a OnePlus 5T? Or is there something around that price range or lower that's a better option and still has a headphone jack?

Oneplus 6

S8+ is the best high quality for price outside of chinkphones

literally the same screen, battery and storage as s9+ for 400 dollars less, the only "improvements" are on jewish biometrics scanners and meme double camera that only kills the battery life

>country
USA

>carrier
Whatevers good I guess

>features
good Battery, runs ok with no issues, wont quit on me after a year etc

>budget
Preferably below $210-ish. I'm 18 with no to much cash and just need a phone to last until I get into the AF and make gubbermint shekels

Looking to buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in the UK. Was told to use eglobalcetraluk.com or alza.co.uk, but a lot of people seem to have a poor experience with both. Is there a proper retailer that ships from UK? Also checked Amazon UK and there's only 1 seller for the black one, and seems like a sketchy one.

Looking to buy a new phone for ~$1000 AUD, want something with a solid, premium-ish design that will last well if looked after. Been looking at Iphone 7, but a bit scared to go to IOS after being on android for so long. What would you guys recommend for this price range?

where my /s9/ boys at

get a redmi and put lineage on it you paki cunt

Moto E4 Plus, Moto G5 Plus or Moto G6.

Here's a good deal on the Moto G5 Plus, $129.99 new (open box)
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561

Moto G6 can be had $199 if you buy it through Google Fi. You don't need to actually activate it on Google Fi, just use it on whatever carrier you want. Bestbuy, Newegg etc. also have deals to buy it at $199 if you activate it on a carrier at the store.

Honor 7X / Huawei Mate SE are also worth checking out.

>paki
>county: India

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

Not him but you live in India for god sake. Buy the Redmi note 5 Pro for $200 Or a 6x. Not sure the price in India tho

paki means any cunt from asia that doesn't have chinky eyes
dumb paki

Another chink brand. The cheaper models come with huge ass batteries (5100mAh). The cheap models do suck in almost anything that isn't battery life though, however the more expensive models are mediocre in most fields but don't have huge batteries, so it's basically pointless to buy any of their phones rn.

I bought a xiaomi redmi note 3 a year and two months ago and now the microphone won't work ,it might be water damage since it's been in a water twice but not recently ,what can I do to fix this myself? Should I just buy another one?

Get a new microphone off aliexpress. Or just use a headset when you need to make calls.

I actually managed to get my s8 stolen yesterday. It was a first for me, so I am wondering, can that guy really do anything with it? I locked it using that google tracking thing. Couldn't track it most of the time, seems like it has been turned off and on a few times. Even if they factory reset, it asks for the google account passwort, doesn't it?

mugged? what happened

I'm being asked for advice on phone purchasing since I'm the "techguy". The budget is 300$, the brands of interest are motorola, samaung and huawei.
Give me some advice to hand out and look informed.

What country/carrier?

thinking about getting a Xiaomi Mi 6 to replace my nexus 4 I've had for years. Any experiences? How do build quality and battery hold up in the long term? Are there issues with lineageOS on this phone?

> I'm being asked for advice on phone purchasing since I'm the "techguy". The budget is 300$, the brands of interest are motorola, samaung and huawei.
> Give me some advice to hand out and look informed.
used s8

I need to replace a ZTE axon 7 dropped it and my finger print sensor stopped working also my battery life is horrible now. I don't really have a budget but in thinking of getting a redmi note 5 pro or whatever but not sure if I want it. Is it just like the note 3 in terms of design looks the exact same.

Setting up my new phone, what is the current best browser? previously been using lightning

Brave. Lightning and its forks have been outdated for long. The only traces left on Panopticlick for example were SoC, time zone and language ones.

If you're coming from a Samsung phone you will probably miss some Samsung-only features if you get a OnePlus 5T. If you aren't, just get a 5T. Better long-time support and battery life. Also great custom rom support if you're into that.

Is there a big difference between snapdragon 636 and 625? Here in italy the redmi note 5 plus is way over 200 euros and I'm searching for a redmi 5 under 200 euros

Does Mi A1 have better audio quality vs iPhone SE? Really thinking about picking up one of these two, kinda leaning more to the SE since it's really compact, fast and has higher resale value.

I don't play games on my phones, mostly web browsing, whatsapp, reddit and all that jazz, nothing too demanding.

Will the SE battery hold for a whole day?

What kind of features? I'm about to change from S4 to OnePlus6

Is the S9 worth it? all it seems to do is upgrade the camera to 60fps on video. For double the price of the S8 (where I live, not sure on the US), it kinda seems overpriced

expanding on this a bit
How well does it compare to the OnePlus 6? (processing wise)
They seem to be equivalent in camera and the OnePlus does have a "bigger" battery (although idk if it consumes more power), so I find it hard to justify buying an S9.

Any opinions on the Moto G5S Plus? I keep seeing it get good ratings, but there are forum posts that say 'bad phone' without giving any parameters for 'bad' phone.

Also, coming from an iPhone to an Android phone, is there significant difference between 3GB RAM and 4GB RAM on a 2Ghz octacore for a non-power user? $50 for 32 more GB of space and 1 more GB of RAM may not seem much but it is when you're on a budget.

Carrier: AT&T Postpaid

>country
USA
>carrier
I use Ting, and I think they are compatible with Tmobile.
>features
Removable battery, IR blaster, SD card slot, rugged, wireless charging and good ROM support are nice to have but not mandatory.
>budget
Literally as low as possible, Ideally under $150.

Nokia 7+

>1280x720
KEK

>tfw ZTE never released a successor to the Axon 7
I loved that phone.

>Removable battery, IR blaster, SD card slot, rugged,
Go back to 2012 then.

Fine, is there anything sans IR blaster then? And I suppose I can always get a case for it to make it more rugged.

>removable battery
No. The last flagship with one was the LG V20. That has everything you want except wireless charging. And the ROM support exists but is mediocre.

Good buy? I don't care in the least about a phone's camera, speakers, or wireless charging.

I've had a Oneplus One since 2014.

Attached: chrome_2018-07-08_11-21-51.png (1920x974, 145K)

Dum Dum question here. Is flashing custom ROM's on devices still a thing and priority? I know XDA exist but it's been years since I've used an android.

Or buy NIB from a guy on swappa and save $150

swappa.com/listing/ULP154/view

I would prefer the s8 since they are basically the same phone outside of screen size.

Custom ROMs still exist but they're not as big as they used to be because A) normalfags are the main android phone buyers and not enthusiasts, B) pretty much every manufacturer and Android itself has implemented most every feature you used to be only be able to get through custom ROM, natively, and C) a lot of apps people like/need to use nowadays have root and custom ROM detection and won't boot anymore.

> Finland, preferably Amazon.de
> Max 250€
> Decent camera, not huge ( about Iphone 6 size). Android.

Second dum dum question. Does anyone use a VPN all day or most of the day on their phone?

I plan to keep mine running on an OpenVPN connection home but it KILLS my iphone 4s battery.

Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL

Oneplus 6

S8/S8+

Which would you choose? They all seem so similar

S8 started lagging for me after 3 months. S9's SD845 has kept it 100% smooth for me and I've had it since a week after launch.

Thank you user!

Is that by any chance you? That is 24 bucks below Oneplus.com, and for a different sku (128 vs 256) than what I would buy. Yes I do need 256gb.

Yeah, I'm doxxing myself on Jow Forums. Fucking niggerfaggot.

Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL, can be had for under $400 and is definitely an upgrade over the Moto G5+

Will probably buy that xiaomi redmi next week. Before I use it, do i need to install some custom shit? Also, I'm reading on forums that updating the MiUI every time there's a new update available ruins the phone features in someway. Is this true?

So I've heard that some phones have shittons of bloatware, how do people get past this w/o custom ROMs?

What's the best reader app for Android? I want one that shows covers but doesn't make me pay

What apps dont work on root/custom rom?
The only thing i heard of was when snapchat had issues with magisk but even that's been worked around (i think, i dont use snapchat)

Either root and delete those apps, or if not available, go into settings and disable those apps

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Verizon
>Features
Android
>Budget
$200

Moto G5+

After 5 years of faithful service, got a crack in the glass on my Nexus 4. I think it's about time I got a new phone. What is a Jow Forums-approved, < 5in smartphone? Needs to be able to run Lineage, or any other Freedoms™-respecting OS. Ideally not that expensive.

Attached: 20121030-NEXUS-4-PHONE-019edit.jpg (2500x1667, 2.43M)

Xperia XA2

Anyone? Bumpan. The reviews made a 'big deal' on a .5 second camera shutter, which is about what I'd clock my iPhone 6 that I'm leaving at, so.... it doesn't seem like a dealbreaker. And random app crashes happen regardless of OS.

Curious as well moving from an iphone.

The knock on the G5S+ is the camera setup is worse than the G5+, that's about it
Otherwise it's the same phone with slightly better hardware
And no, there's not really a noticeable difference between 3GB and 4GB RAM for a non-power user

Do you care about having a headphone jack?

If the dongles are small then I don't see why a headphone jack is necessary

Get the 1+6

Yeah, from what I was reading the camera shutter was really the only complaint from most reviewers. That and a couple of app crashes, but... that happens with any system. I've had it happen on damn iphones.

I'm mainly looking at this right now 'cause it's on sale at Best Buy. $229 unactivated for 32GB/3GB or $279 unactivated for 64GB/4GB.

If $50 is a concern to you then go buy a poverty phone and a second job.

If you dont like what's going on with the camera in the G5S+, there are GCam Mods available
Fuck off nonce

Just saw the Bestbuy deal myself.

If I'm not getting any use out of the extra $50 worth of machine, what's the point of spending it?

Yeah, I was given a spare ZTE Blade Spark by a friend to hold me over after the iPhone stopped charging, and I've played around with apps and such and found a couple of non-stock cameras I liked for it, so I'm sure I'll mess with those on the Plus. I have used very few stock things that I use all day (a lot of it revolves around music players that don't fuck up my playlists, really).

Sharp Aquos S3 mini price drop to $180
google.com/amp/s/www.gizchina.com/2018/07/07/ultra-compact-sharp-aquos-s3-mini-now-selling-at-1199-yuan-180/amp/

They using the same screens from the Essentially Trash factory? Looks identical

I'm gonna buy the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 64go/4go Snapdragon 636. I found it on Gearbest and with a promo code I can have it at ~170€ . Is this the cheapest I can get it for ?
Is Gearbest alright for an online shop ?

Attached: file.png (987x168, 142K)

Well the GCam Mods are a bit more involved than just downloading one off the Play Store
Familiarize yourself with this:
forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g5s-plus

No, these are basically the Aquos S2 but without the stupid cutout corners and they're 17:9
The screens are actual SHARP screens, nothing to do with Essential which are 1440p anyways
The main advantage to this is it's a 5.5" screen in a phone about the size of a 5" screen

>exynos has bad battery li-

Attached: Screenshot_20180708-164633_Settings.jpg (1440x2960, 382K)

Life, it has bad battery life and all you did was prove it with that screenshot

>6 hours on screen time with a 4k display on max brightness is bad
ok pajeet

Yes, there is
androidcentral.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-pro-benchmarks-snapdragon-636

The camera on the Note 5 is also better vs. Redmi 5 Plus.

>removable battery
LG G5 or V20. Galaxy S5 or Note 4 if you don't mind getting something older.

There is an Axon 7 on the way, unless ZTE canceled it after Trump's ban.

so is there really no way to root a snapdragon s9+?

It is though, the SD820 has better battery life than that
How does it feel to shill shitty Samsung tech that gets BTFO out by Qualcomm SoCs from two years ago?

I've been using SailfishOS for the past few months on my xperia x. Now I'm thinking about switchign back to android, anyone here using omnirom? Is it foss like LOS? I mean I can degoogle it which is probaly the most important part desu. Problem is that there is no official twrp support for the xperia x, only for the x performance. I'd have to use a version from some xda dev called chippa.

Attached: sofos.jpg (840x560, 95K)

>chippa
Ah, good lad

I have a dying Moto G4 Play. Looking for a new phone. I am. It picky but I want it to run smooth. $200-300 budget. I prefer good value over top tier specs.

What do you recommend?

Attached: babies.webm (400x400, 1.26M)

Country? Provider?

Naked browser

Many banking apps, Android Pay, Pokemon Go and some other games, Netflix. Though you can hide your root status with Magisk.

You can remove e system apps without root using ABD

The phones I mentioned here, other than the Honor and Huawei which don't work on Verizon.

You don't *need* to install a custom ROM. MIUI is completely fine to use as is. Some people just prefer to use Android that's closer to stock rather than MIUI which is rather a heavy skin.

>I'm reading on forums that updating the MiUI every time there's a new update available ruins the phone features in someway. Is this true?
Well, new updates do sometimes introduce bugs, but that's something that happens with every phone, not unique to MIUI. But saying something breaks after every MIUI just sounds like over-exaggeration.

>You can remove e system apps without root using ABD
Only if the OS allows it, ZTEs is notorious for only giving ADB read-only privileges