Any of you goyim making anything? Show off your projects! Software or hardware, doesn't matter

Any of you goyim making anything? Show off your projects! Software or hardware, doesn't matter

>made a smart watch like thingie using an esp8266, and one of those 128x64 OLED displays.
>wrote fonts for it, software I2C driver, string display functions
>also wrote the server for sending over the data

Attached: IMG_20180708_155635~01.jpg (2271x2324, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

awbw.amarriner.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=WoAp2-gWaLM
youtube.com/watch?v=wpRGqKePfGM
eremex.com/products/topor/
github.com/zefaxet/tagme
linkedin.com/in/edward-auttonberry-5b5513156/
github.com/libgdx/gdx-ai/wiki
rugged-circuits.com/the-motor-driver-myth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw soldering skills are absolutely dogshit

Attached: IMG_20180708_130325.jpg (3024x4032, 2.83M)

>dot matrix display
>fonts
fucking lmao

Sandwiched that shit

Attached: IMG_20180708_130401.jpg (3024x4032, 2.83M)

Bitmap fonts fren
What did you expect?

hmmm...

Attached: 1529792995232.jpg (628x471, 48K)

I made this hat in uni.
It's a 16 channel, 12 bit pwm controller and 4 H-bridges for controlling muh robot waifu

Attached: IMG_5289.jpg (3000x2000, 535K)

post robot waifu

>tfw made an H-bridge with individual transistors instead of buying an off the shelf IC instead
Being a CSE fag with a healthy interest in electronics, but not much knowledge about the market is suffering

this, also posting my first mail order pcb. only 3 mistakes lol. it's for a 3360 swapped io1.1 mouse to tidy up the existing rats nest.

forgot image.

Attached: mousepcb.png (1837x879, 26K)

Your skills probably aren’t bad, but your iron probably is. A bad iron won’t heat quickly enough to solder clean joints.

Writing an RTS game for Android.

Attached: 2018-07-08 17-17-11.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

more of an art piece

Attached: IMG_20180419_083328_HDR.jpg (2592x4608, 2.99M)

Oh I saw you yesterday. Did you sort out your pathing issue?

Yeah, it worked out.

Good shit, show us two crowds moving through eachother.

Looks awesome

Attached: IMG_7632.jpg (400x300, 21K)

Been working on my Advance Wars clone. Plenty more to do, but it's coming along nicely.

Attached: 20180708_advance_wars_project.webm (824x640, 977K)

what the fuck?
I doubt your design has anything to do with HF stability, but just to be sure
you just yoloed that board, right?

also, where did you order?
my last order was from seedstudio.
very good quality, but not that cheap

There is no real fighting mechanic yet. The units just take damage when they touch enemies so it's pretty boring for now.
Shitty quality is because of file size limit btw.

Attached: 2018-07-08 18-25-12.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

I loved that game.

Man that game was sweet. You should take some time out and add animations to it.

Man that was sweet. How does it look if you throw some big fat boyes in the mix?

awbw.amarriner.com/

MAN SWEET MAN SWEET MAN SWEET MAN SWEET MAN SWEET

I need to expand my vocabulary.

>You should take some time out and add animations to it.

Long term that's the plan. For now I'm implementing the bare minimum on the GUI side since I don't really enjoy the GUI parts of programming. There's still a lot that needs implementing irrespective of the GUI (lasers, cannons, some new units, etc).

>I don't really enjoy the GUI parts of programming.
That's why I said "take some time out". I'm the exact same as you, but you'd be surprised how much better working on a project like that gets when you do something like what I suggested.

Not only does it look better to casual observers, (making it easier and more rewarding to show it off), but it's something you don't like that's out of the way.

Give it a shot.

What language/framework are you using?

Nothing fancy, just a little display showing the weather because I wanted to dick around with eink stuff.

Attached: _DSC0142.jpg (1496x1000, 347K)

I really like that you let them bunch up tight like that, let the weight of the formation push back the lighter one and make it take more damage for moving back, balance with taking more damage as a formation gets enveloped.

I'm kind of forced to take some time out anyway since I only get a few hours every month to work on it. I definitely agree that it needs to look more presentable though. If I'm going to do GUI stuff at all then I'll put the time in to do it right.

I'm using Python with tkinter (GUI) and PIL (some image processing functions). I could use something like PyGame but since this is meant to be a programming exercise/learning experience I'm trying to minimize my dependence on external libraries. I also tried porting to WXPython but I found it much more difficult to use.

I needed a beefy PSU once, so I got a case from an old audio amp, threw some random parts in and ended up with this. If you think it looks like dogshit and will potentially burn a house down, you're absolutely correct.
However, this bad boy is easily capable of 30A at 0-35V with some delta fans pointed at it, andprobably close to 50A peak until the transformer winding melts off. The shematic is as simple as it can be to get a half-decent regulation.
I don't really want to share this nigger-rigged death trap but I don't have photos of my other projects on my phone.

On the things that are sligtly less life-threatening, I've done various mods topretty much every single electronic device I have, including but not limited to swapping an S7e battery into my SGS6, messed with pre-amp stages in my hifi set for better sound, added a mono mix switch for my DAC, and before I had a thinkpad I added a thinklight-like LED to my old ass Toshiba laptop.

Software-wise I wrote a python script for my rpi that every 5 minutes downloads RSS from nyaa.si, looks for a upload added in the last x days containing a given string in the name, then downloads it and sends it to my seed box to download whatever I searched for. It also has the option to notify me on a I2D HD44780 LCD when it finds the torrent.

Also probably bunch of other shit that I forgot about.

Attached: 20180604_175749.jpg (4000x2250, 1.27M)

>this is meant to be a programming exercise/learning experience I'm trying to minimize my dependence on external libraries
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's what programming is nowadays. It's rare you write your own code except to glue libraries together.

wxPython is much easier to use if you use wxFormBuilder to create the interface and autogenerate some code for it.

Buy rosin core flux, possibly with lead. Lead-free solder is generally of inferior quality.

I'm pairing a nokia 3310 LCD with an arduino and will attempt to write a rudimentary snake game for it, mostly as an exercise

University is killing me right now, but I'd like to do something, maybe revisit a fairly big project I did some year ago
>simple led illumination for my car escalated into a full environment lighting
>tasteful, nothing niggerlicious
>5 meters of RGB leds splitted into headliner and footwell
>Arduino mega running over 2000+ lines of codes with tons of auxiliary sensors and circuitry
>fully programmable light schemes depending on things like doors, ignition key position, temperature and so on
unfortunately the scale of the project was too big in comparison to my amateurish electronic skills, and it gave lots of problems, eventually I dismissed it. However I'm far better at programming than designing circuits, so the code was on point

Holy shit man

I built a decent laptop out of a stripped down entry-level E6520 barebones. It was as basic as you could get, no webcam, 1366x768, i5 2520, 4gb RAM, no BT, nothing.

It has every option from the factory now including the backlit keyboard, and the 97wh slice battery, except for the integrated Bluetooth because it was only BT 2.0 and I need 4.0 for one of my speakers and my headset for my truck.

I'm considering the i7 Extreme I have the 45w cooler installed and it would let me run the RAM at it's 800mhz rated speed. I run it on the battery most of the time and when it's plugged in it's in a cool environment. The i7 in it now is a 45w chip and the 35w cooler handled it fine so I'm thinking the 55w chip will be okay as long as I don't overclock or use it in the sun.

Attached: spec.png (665x536, 61K)

Also fun fact: the 1080p screen was actually ordered for a Thinkpad W530, I read online guys were swapping them into their E530 Edges (My 545 used the same P/N for the 768p screen) turns out they don't work on the E model

Well I pinched the cable trying to get it to work on the 545 and I shorted the motherboard, and being a trucker I was on hometime and needed something in a pinch, local scrapyard had these E6520s on surplus so I bought one and cracked it out, and the 1080p screen worked on it with the Dell 1080p cable, it even has the IBM FRU# on the back of the screen and it worked with only having to re-install the Intel HD3000 driver to enable 1080p.

nice platinum certified psu you got there user

youtube.com/watch?v=WoAp2-gWaLM

I've posted this before, but someone else might get a kick out of it. I make hardware video game music players with old sound chips. This one is for the Sega Genesis using a real YM2612 FM synth chip and SN76489 PSG.

Attached: 20180519_120419.jpg (4032x2268, 2.45M)

That's pretty cool. What is it running off of? Rpi Zero? Does the display hook up straight to display header on the pi or are you driving it with gpio?

That's amazing.

ya, I don't know anything about pcb software and I couldn't get pcb cutouts to work so I freehand drew the whole design. some of the wires are in parallel but hopefully it'll work anyway. I ordered from oshpark, wasn't happy about the expense but they were the only site which accepted my pcb despite being riddled with errors like no silkscreen, no drill file etc so I can't complain.

Where do you get the pcb silk screened?

Yeah, so I've heard. I'm not a programmer by education or profession so I was really more focused on understanding OOP principles and stuff like that versus coding the way the industry does (gluing libraries together, etc).

Give source code now plz.

You'll learn OOP principles by coding the way the industry does if you're messing with the right frameworks. wxPython is a good one. Django is another one, probably better than wxPython when judged simply for learning OOP.

Based routing, my dude. Free flow is the way, all that 90 degree bent shit should stay in 70s, we can calculate everything properly this day.

Attached: sane_routing.png (936x688, 581K)

i made this
youtube.com/watch?v=wpRGqKePfGM

>D batteries
Whoa ok make way for Captain Moneybags over here.

That looks beautiful; what is it?

upvote
are you suggesting I use a lipo or something?

It's not mobile, why not a spare laptop power supply?

>90° bends
I sure hope you avoid this.

eremex.com/products/topor/
Most likely this.

Attached: smooth.jpg (600x493, 145K)

Looks shady as fuck.

It's a professional software written by Russians, they don't do single-page react web applications with facebook login and 15MB of telemetry.js

No price listed, partially untranslated HTML form to buy. No thanks.

i fucking love this game! i even play on the awbw site from time to time. what's it called?

Who cares about the price? For personal use, you can just steal. For corporate - yeah, you should write some e-mails.

Literally my first time soldering was better than that. It's not hard.
Your problem is probably with your iron or solder. Buy a decent iron and rosin core solder and you will probably immediately see better results.
Cool project though.

Been working on an app that will fill out the metadata on my music using that song's Wikipedia page.
Doing it in Ironpython for the added meme value.
I'm phoneposting right now but if you want to take a look
github.com/zefaxet/tagme

how do you write drivers for shit like this?

>test folder contains a single .mp3
That's not how that works.

linkedin.com/in/edward-auttonberry-5b5513156/

Is this you?

Once I start writing unit tests for this thing I'm gonna move that stuff to a resources folder

this in Java?

Making a portable emulation thing with a raspberry pi for gayming

Yes, Java + LibGDX.

Can you give us an early apk release?

>LibGDX
Looks nice they have ai build in?

There's pretty much nothing you can do right now.
Yes, they have an AI extension. Not sure what it includes.
github.com/libgdx/gdx-ai/wiki

well good luck with your totalwar kind game

damn thats gross desu

Attached: 1488157813062.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

How are you making it? I'd like to make an android game not sure the best way though

React Native :^)

I don't really have a name just yet... Suggestions are welcome.

Probably not the easiest way as there are game engines that can make Android games but I prefer frameworks.
It has all the tools that you need but you have to spend a bit of time to study them to get the most out of them.
Also as IDE I'd recommend Android Studio.

are you active in /agdg/?

I started reading it today but haven't been posting. Maybe when I make some progress.

Sent my gerbers to JLCPCB and got them made up. The boards themselves come out great, but their silk-screening is a little meh.

I suspected that man, the iron is a no brand 5$ one, no wonder it couldn't melt solder quickly enough around components with longer leads

Functions that flip the right bits when executed. That's pretty much "drivers" for embedded devices

a lot of them are god-awful and you probably dodged a bullet with your own ignorance.
rugged-circuits.com/the-motor-driver-myth/
(their product is not even that much better but the article is informative)
there's not really any good reason ("it's easy" is a pussy reason) to use an IC for something not even remotely limited by speed, your efficiency gains are likely to be weak more often than not.
electric bikes use like 3-5 parallel FETs for high-current switching, and their BLDCs run pretty fast.
a 3d printer *might* run into speed limitations with it's steppers, but i really doubt it. you'd only get there with a LOT of gearing, and some inane method of dealing with the motor's coils' inductance.
..speaking of, most 3d printer "stepper drivers" are retarded, too.

wow user, that's pretty cool

Raspberry PI Zero. The display connects to a pHAT that it came with.