Why is linux so bad at writing its own iso's to USB sticks?

no matter how I do it inside linux any program any setting, my boot image is never detected by my computer's bios

however when I use the almighty rufus it works every single time without a hitch and this is why I always keep a windows computer handy

Is this the true power of linux, anons?

Attached: nofrogpostingallowed.png (602x500, 45K)

UNetBootin, retard

Install Windows and use Rufus.

have

Enjoy having bootloaders replaced by shit

Use fucking dd
dd if=/path/to/iso of=/dev/sdx

that is w hat i do

i love linux but when it comes to writing linux iso's to a USB there really isn't anything better than windows

again, i have done this, but when i boot my bios doesn't detect the USB

why can't somebody just give me something that actually works, like rufus does

Windows writes shit 4 times slower and causes USBs to perform worse for whatever the fuck reason.

>bios doesn't detect the USB
First, you should point dd to the device, not a partition on the device.
Second, you should make sure that the drive is marked as bootable. If you've done your dd right, it should be.
Finally, be aware of BIOS and UEFI differences.

You obviously did something wrong then, it works on Xubuntu

>greatest free operating system
>requires proprietary operating system to be installed

Attached: oof.jpg (220x217, 12K)

at least they write and perform

So does Linux, OP is retarded.

my computer does not have a UEFI
ASUS M5A 78 L-M
Advertises USB3.0 as a selling feature

are we talking about operating systems or USB drives here? or have you just lost the plot?

Both

OP is correct, dding an isofs is retarded and will give you a read only stick until you reformat

>operating systems or usb drives

>or

Hello, autist

hie

i actually am diagnosed autistic

what now

yes

You fucked up something.

what this guy said, it won't work if you're pointing it at /sdb1 or /sdb2
change into the directory with your iso, su and
dd if=./system.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=1M status=progress

also you need to legacy boot into the device, booting UEFI will not work

it works,

Yea if you fuck up dd you probably aren’t qualified to rate Linux as a whole. I use dd on both Mac and Linux and it works absolutely fine

>why is linux so bad at writing its own iso's to ZIP diskettes?
ftfy

I tried many but Rufus is the only one that actually made my Void Live CD image boot as UEFI and therefore install as UEFI.
>why is linux so bad at
Because it's second-rate.

You're not making an exact copy. UNetBootin and Rufus think the Linux ISOs don't have the ability to boot on its own and modify the image. This fucks it up. I'm told there is a dd like option on one or both of those programs now. This is what you should use. There is some cross platform electron based POS image writer which writes proper images as well, but it's 80MB. Win32DiskImager does the job, but the option to search for non .img files confuses people. dd is truly the best, but confusing on OSX, and non existent on WIndows.

I've had this happen once, in like a hundred times.
I've also done a clean windows install twice on the same machine I currently have. Last time I made a new usb stick and it worked perfect. The time before I had made one, it refused to work in gtp mode, finally I burned a dvd with the same iso and it worked.

I have that motherboard, I've done it with dd and a USB stick.
>3.0
if the USB 3.0 doesn't work, try using USB2.0 port?