Give me one reason why you don't encrypt all your hard drives, including your system partition...

Give me one reason why you don't encrypt all your hard drives, including your system partition, and using hidden volumes?

Attached: 1268519117368.png (236x176, 3K)

im not autistic

I don’t keep anything important on them.

>encrypting data partition on ssd
sure
>anything else
i'm not retarded

It's inconvenient and has a performance impact on my old ThinkPad, so I only encrypt my personal data with ecryptfs.

Only a fool would put something incriminating on their drive.

I do and use secureboot so that my firmware will only execute efi apps that are signed by me.

I don't live in a police state. I know, hard to understand for a burgerclap/britbong but such places exist.

>encrypts all his reaction face images.
>posts them all on the internet anyways.

My desktop machines don't have encrypted drives because physical security isn't really in my threat model there. They're left powered on anyway, and disk encryption doesn't help you there.

My laptop I encrypt, but not with any hidden-volume tricks, because that adds a lot more complexity if you want to do it properly. And if you don't do it properly it doesn't get you anything above and beyond ordinary full-disk encryption. If I need to secure something against a three-letter agency, in any case I don't want to just carry a laptop through airport security, I'd want to set up some way to transfer data across the internet. SSH to a server through a Tor proxy or something.

every state is a police state.

why encrypt when you have nothing to hide?

if you have nothing to hide then you're obviously not doing anything worthwhile with your life, get something to hide.

I've got nothing to hide ;^)

It's not necessary for me

>not encrypting your brain IRL

Attached: 1530329982432.jpg (640x480, 28K)

CIA n8ggers don't care about loli, unless you are politically active.

I'm not a criminal nor do I have anything to hide.

post your emails, phone numbers, your FULL names, your addresses, your current location, and give me the same info for your relatives.

No.

>law enforcement professionals and random Jow Forums posters deserve the same level of trust

?

1. i'm lazy
2. not even the nsa gives a shit about me
3. got nothing to hide (unless memes become illegal but at that point i'm moving)

post your emails, phone numbers, your FULL names, your addresses, your current location, and give me the same info for your relatives.

I have nothing to hide

why wouldn't you have anything incriminating on a ramdisk that you can quickly wipe by pulling the power?

I have nothing sensitive on my computer at all. Just media and vidya. No one that can access my computer remotely is going to care, or find anything of value or interest, and if some agency or whatever gets a hypothetical warrant, there's nothing I can do anyways. You are court ordered to provide encryption passwords in such cases.

I don't keep anything important locally.

Everything I care about are on remote machines (my hardware) that ARE encrypted. Traffic to them is encrypted as well.

Paranoid criminal

Not hidden, but I do encrypt my drives.