My 13 year old sister has started teaching herself GO because she thought the logo was cute and she found some...

My 13 year old sister has started teaching herself GO because she thought the logo was cute and she found some tutorials on youtube.

Is it a good language for her to learn or is it a waste of time?

Attached: go.png (600x600, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good
bluxte.net/musings/2018/04/10/go-good-bad-ugly/
Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, it's about the right level of difficulty for a 13-year-old

she's in luck it's a perfect fit for a 13 year old girl

it can teach her, if you want

if she's willing and motivated to learn it, then yes
besides, go is pretty much only useful for 13-year-olds

can you please stop contributing to the growing problem of females in computer science

spbp

Yes, but teach her yourself with some books. Online communities are cancer. This one included.

No. We're trying to alienate spergs like you til you kill yourselves or find another industry to infest.

Post pics of her and give me her email address so I can help her learn GO

it's good for web, cloud, distributed systems and network applications

But if I would recommend a first language, it would be python

I don't know, did you at least buy her programming socks?

LET HER LEARN IT

DONT LISTEN TO THE OTHER RETARDS IN THIS THREAD

KEEP YOUR AUTISM AT BAY

Let her learn it. Doesn't matter if it's optimal. Self-directed learning is always better. Let her have fun.

Jow Forums is full of people that care way to fucking much about what other people are doing. Often not in a very good or productive way, in the sense that they actively seek to destroy the joy of others if they don't think it's legitimate as if that might give some meaning to their otherwise empty lives.
You see this on Jow Forums with people yelling at people for doing various things they like because it's helping the jews or some shit.
You see this on Jow Forums with people yelling at people for enjoying tech they don't.
You see it on /tv/.
You see it on /a/
I think you get the point.
Between you and me user, I think you are better than that. Sure it might or might not be a shit language. And sure some people on Jow Forums might think it's bad. But does that really matter? Your sister is doing something she enjoys and finds meaning in. That should be the most important part. To hell with it being usefull or not. To hell with it being for kids, or what ever the bitter people in this thread are saying. She is happy, so stop worrying.

how much soi is in your diet?

its unironically good
its not very good for personal professional development as it has a lot of quirks specific to it, but she shouldnt worry about that
also it might not be perfect because i dont think you can make a lot of fun things with it, but as long as shes having fun this shouldnt matter either

also buy her programming socks lad

I don't like Go, but learning anything is better than learning nothing. Leave her alone.

How much cancer is in your prostate?

It's really good for concurrent operations. Decent for writing web apps. Once vgo ships later this year, I will confidently rate it as "better than java," for what that's worth.

Go is cancer you all should be ashamed

>a girl spontaneously trying to learn a programming language
wow she's gonna be fat

found the rapist

found the stalker

ahahaha what a lad

she doesn't like sneks?

13 yo is great

Attached: ff.jpg (1280x1872, 424K)

agree

Every skill you are training with having fun is never a waste of time.

if you're not making that up, that's really cute. I hope she'll learn Go and write a bunch of programs in it

Seriously debated answering this, oh well.
Look I know some of the things I said might be a bit much for you. Or it might not, I don't know. Doesn't really matter through, what matters is what you do about it. Now I have a hard time believing that your comment came from a place of confidence and happiness. It might be ironic, which is fine I guess. If it's not, then remember: You don't have to prove to anyone you are anything according to their standards. You don't have to prove you are man enough, or have testosterone enough by writing messages to strangers. Or maybe I might be reading this wrong. Have a good day (or night) anyway.
Irony isn't always the best tool to hide what you think.
Thanks, I guess?

the first language doesnt really matter. what matters is motivation and fun.

Go is great esp for web development in particular.

Pedos go back to rape children on

>thinks nu/b/ is anything like that anymore

Go back to plebbit

Is she cute?

I bet goroutines and synchronization will be kinda difficult. also, the syntax is backwards w.r.t. other languages
what book/tutorial is she using?

im not gay so i prefer more women in tech

github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good
bluxte.net/musings/2018/04/10/go-good-bad-ugly/

Fuck off back to pol

it's a good language

you mean the syntax is simple compared to other languages, which is a good thing

It's C++ for retards, so it's a pretty good language for a 13 year old girl.

There are still plenty of child molestation threads on . You really, REALLY belong there, you disgusting pedo.

No there isn't newfag fuck. Used to be daily model threads there and now there is nothing. Fuck off redditor.

the rust mascot is cuter

Attached: 20180708rustbook.png (502x668, 441K)

But they changed the logo to pic related.

Attached: 207px-Go_Logo_Aqua.svg.png (207x78, 3K)

not today pedo

Give her a book on cooking instead. Women are retarded as computer programmers.

owo

>We're trying to alienate spergs like you til you kill yourselves or find another industry to infest.
it's the other way around, the spergs were there first and it's the women and minorities desperately trying to infest it

Read a history book, faggot.

I mean if it gets her into programming sure but python would make more sense. It's just as easy but it's useful and can actually land you a job. Granted if she really wants a job in programming then she'll have to end up learning other languages anyways but if you're gonna cut your teeth at least cut your teeth on something that will be more useful in the future.

I think you're lost

it has nothing to do with pol and everything to do with differences in brain between sexes, you brainwashed shithead.
read a science book, communist trash.

dark lord

How would that make him a commie considering it was a woman who wrote the software that enabled America to beat the Reds to the moon?

Attached: Margaret_Hamilton_-_restoration.jpg (2294x2853, 3.08M)

TOP KEK... he posted an image of some manager that didn't do shit when it comes to programming that all these SJWs and feminist trash use as an idol.

next, please post that Kloss cunt and her coding skills.

>calling pedobros reddit

This is neo4chan.

Kill yourself

You would know, you filthy crossboarder. Go back.

Attached: 1506131433428.jpg (512x512, 45K)

if she has interest in it then it is a good language.

Gopher is a qt so she must be wise.

DAWWW!!!
(^____^)

Even the little pythons agree!

/thread

>go is a bad language
>we should all be using python, javascript, or php

Attached: gopher.png (496x403, 9K)

Yes these are all bad languages

post sister

Unironically a good language for beginners.

Attached: too-old.jpg (300x225, 6K)

Is it the best language to start with?

>bachelor in math and philosophy
>didn't pursue academic career and tought at a school to support her husband while he worked on his undergraduate degree
>gets an interim position at MIT to develop software for predicting weather because she's freaking good
>works for NASA
>saves Apollo 11 from crashing by writing brilliant asynchronous control software
>also leader of a software company
>also the inventor of modern software engineering

Dude, I'm not a fan of SJW culture, but you are literally retaded.
Gender shouldn't matter, but skill, inspiration and passion should.

"The best" is highly subjective, but it is definitely a good choice for beginners, yes.
It doesn't have the huge bulk of low level gotachas like C, but also doesn't abstract things and patterns away like Python. Also it's not as verbose as Java.

For a seasoned software dev it's not a great langauge, but for a beginner it's an amazing language.

snibety snab :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>the people who created something are the ones infesting it
This is why Hitler was right.

>reads history book
>no woman did anything important ever
oh wow Jow Forums was right again

Soviet Men beat imperialist trash to space. Muh moon was never as impressive as being the first people in space.

dude, you're a stupid shithead if you think someone in their 30s without any fucking engineering experince could have written millions of lines of code (that those printouts represent).

Linux Torwalds hasn't written even half of those printouts!

Only stupid idiots believe this feminazi propaganda.

For the slow minded ones:
The US lured the Soviets into a economic race by things like the various space programms, the proxy wars (indochina war, korean war, afghanistan, vietnam and so on) or the nuclear arms race.
They bited hard and even though the US had to take got some cuts along the way, the soviet system eventually collapsed because their weak economy couldn't take it.

Oh hai Jow Forums.
[spoiler]F*ck off, please.[/spoiler]

You haven't been keeping up to date, coding is becoming a very normal job, spergs are increasingly in the minority. And that's good, fuck minorities

Why are you so afraid of soi?

So you're arguing the code monkeys (who are basically the 60s equivalent of today's "copying and pasting from stack overflow") are more important than the person who basically invented asynchronous programming as well as fundamental principles of software development who are valid until today?

And those were the 60s were you REALLY got it hard as a woman. It is said that she took her daughter to the office at weekends to spend time with her. She slept on the floor while her mother were up at night, inventing new algorithms. Her relationship with her husband eventually crashed

It's not like today, were you basically get a free job when you are a halfway decent female programmer, if only for the quotas and the company image. It was a time when programmign meant little to nothing and females were REALLY discriminated.

Goddamn, you should really stop browsing Jow Forums, if you can't take it. You are so full of shit.

Go: turning the bare C style of programming from a manly to a girly thing since 2009. Comes complete with a CoC.

dude women in the tech industry is almost as bad as pajeets in the tech industry

CoCs are pretty manly though

so ur lil sis has been gophered

>the person who basically invented asynchronous programming as well as fundamental principles of software development who are valid until today?
you're either trolling or you're a massive brainwashed and indoctrinated cunt. just fucking go away you libtard shithead.

But using a CoC-ed product means you're sucking their CoC. No man will suck another's product CoC.

It's pretty damn manly if it's just CoCs with no pussies in sight. What's manlier than that?

Likely none of your business OP.
Also
see

newfag. This board is pretty famous for lolis. The general rule is, if you don't like lolis then you don't belong on Jow Forums. So fuck off

Attached: 1528490672456.gif (285x300, 293K)

>Jow Forums is famous for lolis
see

Jow Forums.org/rules#g
Sir, I would LOVE it if you could prove me wrong by pointing out the rule that allows pedophilia on Jow Forums. If you're not full of shit, that is.

>tfw no programmer chuuni wife

Attached: __asagiri_aya_mahou_shoujo_site_drawn_by_darnell__45ce2d0c2cda2aa099d84712b8707ab6.jpg (600x850, 113K)

>13
Get back to me in a few more years and we'll talk.

>tfw I started python because I thought snakes were cute

Attached: 1527535742087.gif (500x281, 332K)

self confidence != true

Tell her she's better off learning elixir/erlang.

b-but the name python doesnt refer to the snake

does it refer to van rossum's genitalia?

like 80% of the first link is people crying that it follows a c-style.

thats literally not even a bad thing, entirely preferential.

>weird mascot (gopher)
this is too far.