Such a fuck up I can't even install debian correctly

>such a fuck up I can't even install debian correctly

Attached: 1492373712171.jpg (1521x1107, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wmSjMkf53w8
debian.org/CD/netinst/
wiki.debian.org/SourcesList
packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware-iwlwifi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>.

Get back up on that pony, boy.

Attached: 34996040.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Sometimes it's really not you fault. What's the story, user? Grub fails?

neither can linus torvalds tbf

Attached: linus-torvalds-linux-kernel-arm.jpg (929x587, 81K)

Do it again until you do not fail

I've tried to install Linux three times on this toshiba and it's giving me tons of acpi errors I've never seen before

try fedora

How do I get my Intel WiFi driver on debian? I see what I think I need, firmware-iwlwifi (20170823-1)

I need iwlwifi-7260-17.ucode

Yea they're autistic about it.
I'd sooner recommend *buntu, fedora, manjaro, heck maybe even fucking Gentoo did a better job of just werking for me.

Beat me to it

Don't feel bad about it. I haven't installed Arch in years. When I got a new laptop, I just installed Antergos, and removed all the Antergos stuff. You could try something like that, or, if you want a system that'll work immediately, I hear Fedora works real nice. Linus Torvalds even uses it.

Go into the BIOS and change ACPI to IDE. This shouldn't prevent it from installing though. My ASUS motherboard gives ACPI warnings during boot as well. It's completely benign.

Is fedora reliable ? I'm looking for a reliable distro that I can install like the three software I use for work on.

Ye

Fedora is botnet

And debian is obtuce

Attached: Arch.png (650x4377, 871K)

Use centos

>manjaro

Yes
What about it?

This is entirely false and I hate seeing it.

Attached: arch2.png (1465x1007, 67K)

It SUCKS

I'm a Linux Mint user, but might consider making the switch to Arch. I can navigate Linux Mint pretty easy, and windows. But Arch seems to be less resource heavy. Will I need to be a half nerd to navigate Arch?

Werks fer me.
In fact it's the one that has worked the best thus far, all drivers out the box. You can choose to not use the absolute mess that is KDE and it will still look presentable, again out of the box.
The only issue I've had is that it mounts drives in an odd way.
Just compile gentoo or use the debian netinstall, or maybe alpine if you want something minimal.

Debian must be pretty hard to install if even a kernel who runs a tech tips channel can't do it.

lies. manjaro is pretty nice

i doubt it'll be that much less resource heavy. arch is not a minimal distro

you know you can download the installer with nonfree (wifi) drivers right?

Put the driver .deb on another usb, plug in when prompted.

Do people actually use fedora? Why? Manjaro and even ubuntu are better

It's not just the wifi drivers. When I tried installing it it didn't even manage the display. I got that comfy 0Hz option in the display settings.

It needs to be the actual firmware file, not a .deb file.

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
Download and extract the firmware file. You can place it in the root directory of a fat32 formated USB drive and insert during installation, or copy it to /lib/firmware after the distro installation.

I also had difficulty installing Debian and following the installation process. Then I gave up and installed Gentoo which just werked. Haven't looked back since.

i.e. non-free drivers so my suggestion still stands

But manjaro just worked anyways, even though I selected free (as in freedom) drivers.

Fedora just werks and is more up to date than Ubuntu and has better features. Manjaro is arch based therefore cancer

Fedora a botnet

All this thread is making me realize how much I wish Debian wasn't so autistic regarding their drivers.
I still use it, it's still my favorite distro, but those levels of autism isn't doing it any favors.

>systemd

what's wrong with debian?

Attached: debiann.png (1366x768, 351K)

Say after me.
@@SystemD~ Is~ A~ Good~ System~ And~ Spergs~ Have~ Yet~ To~ Prove~ Otherwise~@@

Attached: 1528830989018.gif (115x115, 20K)

Nothing's wrong with Debian, I love it.
It's not perfect and it has it's issues, but what doesn't?

Give me one reason fedora is better than manjaro.
You realize fedora works with nsa right?

California minimum wage got increased recently so you should still survive, I hear mcdonalds is always hiring.

>boot installer
>select language
>select timezone
>set up users and passwords
>partition disk
>select addition software like a desktop and utils
>reboot
>it just works
How retarded are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=wmSjMkf53w8

Attached: 1530998193142.png (894x894, 1.12M)

i don't like this pape

Attached: hmmm.png (1366x768, 239K)

What are good distros???

Debian is the hardest distro to install. Not in terms of difficulty, but in terms of frustration. With Arch and Gentoo, you know that you are getting into some level of difficulty with it. There's no deceit. With Debian, you get this non-threatening looking installer, but then you find out it doesn't have your wifi driver, and then you go through hell afterwards getting your video driver to work, and then you find out it has these old packages that don't have the newer features, so then you have to add a repo or play the tarball game, and that's assuming the older package wasn't buggy too. On top of which, it seems like it also likes to install GNOME even when you unchecked everything desktop related. When I last used it the packages for KDE, and Transmission were old and buggy as hell. It also required you to manually install Bumblebee.

To put it simply, it's shit because you expect it to be simple and stable but end up with a cluster fuck of a timesink.

literally this
are you sure you are installing Debian not BAE Systems RTOS you fucking retard?

Debian isn't hard to install.
Frustration? I could never get wifi working with arch. Arch Linux is pure Frustration. The wiki is such a clusterfuck, hyperlinks on top of hyperlinks

>gentoo
fuck that meme

>literally handholds you
remember being able to get it running in middle school.
never post lain again you larper

Things you need to install debian: A computer and a ethernet connection
>to install Debian, go here
debian.org/CD/netinst/
>Want updated packages, non free packages etc etc etc? Look at this link
That's literally it. That's all you need to do. That's how you install debian.

It's not even hard. I don't even fuck around with partitioning in debian, the installer does it for me. >With Arch and Gentoo
With arch and gentoo, i have to fuck around with partitioning. Fuck that shit.

gentoo's hand holding guide is great compared to arch

>>literally handholds you
ikr? Even with the minimal installer, it hand holds you

With debain, i don't need a fucking guide.
With arch and gentoo, you need to refer to a gay ass wiki.
Why would i refer to a fucking wiki when i'm installing an operating system?

Fucking x I swear I did a lot of shit but shit just doesn't want to work. Wayland worked tho but with bugs. Jeez fuck.

me neither, i tried endlessly to escape the clutches of ubuntu by first switching to debian since i thought it'd be familiar... the installer went really smoothly and i even got my (albeit not the one my laptop came with) wifi adapter working correctly. then, when i booted up... grub failed. i tried every solution i found and nothing worked. im on manjaro now and it's really fast and smooth.

>im on manjaro now and it's really fast and smooth.

my first distro was manjaro
now it's debian, pic related
How do you think i accomplished installing it?
Either you are an absolute retard or i'm an elitist faggot

Attached: iggt.png (1366x768, 507K)

Nuh uh

I gave up on debian when i realized my laptops wifi card wasnt supported and i was too lazy to get an ethernet cable