Hurr functionality is bad

>hurr functionality is bad

How come lazy hipster tech """journalists""" and memesters have such a loud presence on the internet?

Someone not as well informed might mistakenly believe normal socially productive human beings agree with the silliness that "memester cred" is more important than cost-benefit and usefulness.

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy80ODc1L2cvYWNlci1hc3BpcmUtZTE1LW53LWcwNS5qcGc= (775x500, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off you stupid old good new bad faggot. Like you need VGA or dvi on a fucking laptop

Saved you stupid nigger

>How come lazy hipster tech """journalists""" and memesters have such a loud presence on the internet?
Because they're a majority. Look at this nerd thinking the majority of the human population is economical and sane

Shut up zoomer

This was intentional. I could choose other model, but I knew the VGA port would be the exact item you would choose to complain about while ignoring all the rest, which is indisputably useful.

I've noticed this a number of times in a number of subjects in the last 10 years. I think of it as the "last resort of the fallacious faggot". The PROOF that this is a phenomenon that exists is shown the moment we analyze and expose how your argument is objectively wrong and stupid:
>one item is apparently of little or no use
>therefore all items are useless

Predictable, like clockwork, and easily shows everyone what "type" of person you really are.

All features come with a cost whether monetary or through design compromises. For me and most other people having shit like VGA and Ethernet on a laptop actively makes it worse. The ideal laptop right now for me has 2 USB-C(both capable of charging the laptop), 1 USB A, and an HDMI port. Anything more is bloat that I don't need and don't want to pay for.

VGA is still the standard on projectors.

It's the standard everywhere.

>what is HDMI

I know, doesn't stop the "last resort of the fallacious faggot" from being used. If I posted the other side of that same model (or the spec sheet) he would have pointed out the optical drive which is more hated by memesters. There's also an Ethernet port, but that's lower on the memester hate scale. Basically: ODD > VGA > Ethernet.

Consumer garbage that is a shitty version of DVI.

>optical drive
Oh god what are you even doing in 2018. That shit legitimately takes up like a third of the laptops volume.

Attached: 1461793455140.jpg (499x500, 129K)

You're a fucking moron. Thats because VGA is literally useless you retarded cunt.

>hurr I posted dumb shit and you pointed out my dumb shit durr

>VGA is useless (objectively true in the consumer world)
>HURR EVERYTHING IS USELESS LOOK AT YOU GUYS
Kill yourself.

>ethernet port is bad
Fuck off dumb faggot.

I bet you're the same type of person who complains about muh bloated operating systems and uses an autistically minimal Arch Linux installation.

It is for me. I would never use it, it forces the laptop to be thicker, and it takes up space.

>what are projectors

Attached: MX_1521311935782.jpg (308x584, 77K)

It's just an example. Personally I'd go with the slimmer model since I have no use for a drive but the rest I do have the need. Well, there are options, something some people hate.

There's no benefit in particular in not having a vga port and its only now that it is beinga deprecated in a number of educational and business envinronments.

Furthermore, that's just one thing one might not need while having other very useful ports. It's the absolute opposite of a single port macbook and superior for any productive person.

Having an additional USB port is better than having a useless ass fucking VGA port.

All the projectors at my workspace only take HDMI, and there are USB-C dongles permanently attached to them. Good thing I don't work in a shitty office.

Yes let's just shove all the ports on laptops dipshit and make them 7 pounds like your ancient thinkpad.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off back to rdit

VGA ports are giant and literally useless for the vast majority of people. If you offered me two laptops that were otherwise identical(which in real life would not happen) except one had a VGA port I would pick the one without one purely based on aesthetics.

There's already three of them. Personally i'll take the one with vga but there is one model without it. You can choose you know. Unfoƕtunately no 4+ usb ports if thats what you need.

Yeah, I will take the big heavy very useful model since I'm not some faggot that will break his arms

And you do have the choice to buy an useless single port fagbook or similar if you want you dumbass. The point is the incessant whining of faggots like you who try to argue more functions is bad, undesirable or in any way worse even if its optional.

You're not fooling anyone neckbeard fag. People who actually use laptops for mobility and not as a unglorified desktop care about portability.

Fucking manchild

Do you also own a phone without a headphone jack?

Yeah a pixel 2.

Yeah no one buys those system, the companies making them are too stupid to realise they are losing millions for no reason. If everyone wanted what YOU like, they would exclusively buy that.

And you call ME a manchild. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

People buy laptops for portability dumb fuck you acting like a god damn VGA port is somehow reasonable on a modern consumer or even business laptop is laughable. Neck yourself neckbeard roleplayer.

>Yeah no one buys those system, the companies making them are too stupid to realise they are losing millions for no reason.

Attached: 1531093691.png (1156x1088, 106K)

Do you care that others like a headphone jack and wont buy a phone withour it?

No, unlike you I'm not autistic and don't care what other people do with their own money.

I think the giant overreaction is unwarranted since any phone comes with a dongle but no, specifically buying a phone that still supports it during the transitionary period is fine. If someone insisted on the same thing 20 years from now though that would be autistic.

There you go again nitpicking a vga port out of the bunch even when i made it clear its just one thing someone might want. I never said it had to be a standard.

And your whining began because YOU have a problem with functional equipment, even when it envolves useful common modern things like a hdmi and usb ports.

Again you make use of the "last resort of the fallacious faggot". Like fucking clockwork.

>transitionary

You're implying that somehow no headphone jack is better or going to be universally accepted? Fuck no. Dongles are a horrid alternative and ancient thinking. I had a dongle on my fucking HTC Fuze I don't want that on a modern smartphone.

What does that prove? The point is there's a market for certain products. What does that have to do with it?

Dumb fuck im specifically pointing out how what you posted in particular is retarded and that is what you posted. Now shut your hole neckbeard.

>VGA
>functional equipment
Literally multiple ports that do the exact job a million times better. Its deprecated tech you moron.

I'm glad superior Japanese laptops still come with VGA in the current year.

Attached: 1514256932433.jpg (682x545, 76K)

>>Yeah no one buys those system, the companies making them are too stupid to realise they are losing millions for no reason
>The point is there's a market for certain products. What does that have to do with it?

>transitionary period
>implying

>You're implying that somehow no headphone jack is better or going to be universally accepted?
I'm saying that future devices will increasingly have no headphone jack. It's obviously omitted on smart watches due to size and is being eliminated from smartphones. The increasing prevalence of wireless IEMs will only accelerate this as less people care about the jack. The only place I really see them sticking around longer is desktops due to games demanding minimal latency.

And how does that not make you le autism epic meme?

Why are you personally bothered that someone might want something you don't like?

>round trackpad

>size

On a fucking smartwatch not a damn phone.

Wireless iems also suck fat cock and every single one has static white noise and sounds horrible.

>that 30 yo boomer who still clinges to obsolete technology

Attached: 350.png (380x349, 112K)

i know, dongles are obsolete garbage. Nokia deprecated them ages ago.

Because insisting on using a technology long after it's time has passed is dumb. If you still own a device with VGA it's time to upgrade to something better. In 20 years if you still own a device with a headphone jack it'll be time to upgrade to something better.

My airpods sound fine.

Devices with HDMI ports that are eventually going to replace VGA for good

>In 20 years if you still own a device with a headphone jack it'll be time to upgrade to something better.
What's better though? Certainly not USB.

Because they don't isolate sound much at all you can't even hear the static as well. I guarantee you its there and "fine" isn't acceptable for iems costing over 100 dollars.

Stop being willfully ignorant.

Its sort of a mid game, like ports are good, but you dont need every single one. Usbs A, C, an ethernetport, hdmi, and a microphone is more than enough

t. retard

At the very least you can replace it with another hard drive, dumbass.

Oh boy. Just what a I need. Another hard drive to make noise and suck out battery life!

Also size constraints are still a thing with phones. Razer claims that having no headphone jack allowed them to fit in 500mAh more battery which in my opinion is worth much more than a headphone jack.

The answer is obviously wireless. Even if it isn't good enough right now for the people who care about the absolute perfect audio quality it's there for most people, and it's only going to get better.

If I can't hear the static why do I care?

A HDD has no place in a modern laptop either. Use an m.2 and fill that space with battery.

>ywn see broken cassette tapes on the side of the road/in parking lots with their tape floating carelessly in the summer breeze ever again
Replace my veins with magnetic tape. Clunk rewind clunk play clunk again!

Attached: 1500819165712.png (324x451, 2K)

>The answer is obviously wireless.
"obviously" my ass, not everyone wants to deal with batteries in even more crap. Most people don't use wireless mice for the same reason.

Except they're literally full of shit. Open up a phone for once.

As to the airpods. The reason you should care is because you're spending over 100 dollars on earbuds that are worse than most 10-20 wired buds. Just because you literally can't hear the music or static as well because background and everything else is far more prevalent since there is basically zero isolation doesn't mean anything.

Also your ears are probably shit.

>plug in headphones one per month to recharge
>plug in headphones 4x a day every time it's used
Gee I wonder which one seems more of a hassle?

Yeah because if I posted one model of laptop that have a vga port that must mean i value it as an essential item.

See, that is why you are a dumb fallacious faggot. You insist on arguing over something that Ive never personally defended

Ive said this back a few posts. The only reason i posted this model in particular was because i knew someone would make an issue out of that vgs port. I never said it's something essential. It's merely to prove the existence of the "last resort of the fallacious faggot" phenomenom.

You not only refuses to accept the existence of a certain market segment, and you are personally bothered by it, that you keep attacking and accusing me of being a manchild and a neckbeard simply because you can't deal with your frustration of having others liking something you don't.

And in your desperate attempt to sound rational, you keep pointing out that one little thing back there: a tiny vga port that just happens to exist in that one model. And you try to force it upon me and the rest of the world that I find it important or essential even thoug i never explicitly said that or even if i say otherwise.

>I was just pretending to be retarded!
Ok then faggot, why didn't you just post a picture of a laptop without a VGA port in the first place you fucking retard?

You posted the picture dumb fuck as an example of how we need your stupid deprecated ports on laptops. Fuck off. There is USB c AND HDMI on there zero reason to have VGA trash.

I don't even see how someone could find VGA useless anyway. Every flat panel TV still includes a VGA port because VGA is 1080p compatible. VGA works fantastically well considering how long its been around.

Literally no TV in this list includes a VGA port.
rtings.com/tv/reviews

Because HDMI is smaller more prevalent and does everything it does and more?

>You not only refuses to accept the existence of a certain market segment, and you are personally bothered by it, that you keep attacking and accusing me of being a manchild and a neckbeard simply because you can't deal with your frustration of having others liking something you don't.
You're the one who started a thread whining like a manchild about why people buy laptops with limited ports.

Hard drives are quite useful for cheap storage, they're not even that slow anymore, and they actually use less power than SSDs under load.

>Wired headphones
Battery: 0 seconds(must be connected)
Range:~3 feet usually, less as cord is obstructed
>Wireless headphones
Battery: 5 hours for IEMS, 30 hours for over-ear headphones, will only get better
Range: Dozens of feet in an open area

Most people will switch, just like with wired internet vs wifi.

I'm paying for the convenience just like I sacrifice sound quality for the convenience of IEMs. You can talk about how an external DAC/AMP setup sounds better all day but I don't care when the weight isn't measured in grams.

That wasn't a "pretending to be retarded" situation. As I've said it was for the purpose of showing the overblown and predictive answer that would be presented. The "one last attempt" to demoralize an argument that was "otherwise immaculate" but which somehow HAVE to be attacked by a certain kind.

And here, the second proof...

HDMI has DRM.

The difference is that an NVME SSD will barely ever be running at load while a HDD certainly will. The exception would be if you had a small SSD for your OS and a HDD for media but we're back at the space inefficiency argument again.

An HDD will almost certainly never be running under load while doing dumb fashion technology things like browsing Facebook. Even cheap drives now can read and write at 100mb/s.

Sequentially, which is not the way your files will be stored realistically.

Why didn't you just post a laptop without a VGA port in the first place, that would make your argument immaculate right? Because you're a fucking retard, your argument is retarded, and you're just whining about other people liking something you don't like.

The VGA could fuck off. Same with HDMI. Put a useful port on there like DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3, etc.

You're acknowledging its inferior and overpriced and act like its going to take over lmao

Then use USB c

Attached: cringelord.png (200x218, 13K)

I listed both pros and cons that are objectively true. Wireless headphones will, and are, taking over because people value the range and portability more than the quality of wired headphones, which in turn people value the portability of over the quality of external DAC/AMPs with wired headphones.

I work in a major corporation and 8 out of 10 projectors I have to use are VGA only. Having a full port is one less adapter to carry around, to potentially lose and delay a presentation, etc.

Plenty of people still won't buy a phone without a jack. Its a god damn apple fad like notch shit

Thread is full of faggots who shouldn't be allowed to install their own software, we used those VGA ports to test dead screens on laptops. It's a completely analog signal that is a surefire way to rule out faulty displays.

>HDMI

Not all laptops boot to it, but all of them output VGA at POST, so fuck off with this meme and don't ever come back to Jow Forums

Then your corporation is retarded. Have you ever considered leaving the dongle with the projector instead of giving a dongle to every single fucking employee?

I plan on using my headphones until they break. I know people who have headphones that are almost 30 years old.

If there's a model with a headphone jack 30 years from now, I will buy it, after accounting for other variables.

Newer does not equal better. I will simply purchase what is better for my wants and needs.

Jow Forums is an electronics consumer board. Tech enthusiasts are a niche. Few people here will understand what you just wrote.

It's not a fad since it isn't going to come back. Do you think laptops dropping the ethernet port is a fad? List whatever technical merit you want but most people don't care. The though of their device being limited to wherever a wired connection is alien to them by now. The same thing will happen with audio. "You mean you had to bring your device with you when you went to another room?" is what your grandchildren will ask because they've legitimately never used or even seen a wired audio connection.

>isn't going to come back

For who? Apple? Majority of android phones still have it. I don't give a fuck what iToddlers do.

Maybe it will happen, hopefully it does. But right now it sucks fuck, sound quality is horrible and you're an idiot for wanting your options limited while wired is still far superior.

Ok. My grandmother used her small CRT TV until it broke too but that doesn't mean most people didn't upgrade to newer, and in some ways inferior, TVs. You're free to purchase what you want but what you want is dying and will eventually become niche.

I'd bet that by 2022 there will be less smartphones with headphone jacks than there are with SD card slots today.

The majority of flagship android phones do not have it. As bluetooth headphones drop in price to be accessible to the lower end market midrange phones will drop it too. The reason you feel that it's only Apple pushing this is that the "midrange" iphones are just older iphones.

Sure, I suppose the market segment for "people who need a VGA port exist" just like the segment of "people who need a serial port" exists. It doen't mean it's profitable to include this in all products. If your market is college students, for example, they don't need a VGA port, or ethernet. They probably want a good wi-fi card, a light computer, and a bright screen.

>the majority of flagship

No. Also not every phone is a flagship especially not these days.

>theres people so stupid that they find less functions is better

VGA works everywhere, theres no reason to replace it you stupid consumerists, god i hate capitalism so much

>VGA works everywhere
No it doesn't. Literally any decent display made in the past 5 years won't have it at all.

>t-thanks sir corporation to make me pay more money for less ports!

Good goy, get jewed and defend your masters, if your display doesnt have VGA is shit

Ok, what display do you use that has VGA? Can't wait to laugh at you. It's probably some 1366x768 TNshit.

Other than Samsung, LG, and One Plus everyone(of note) has dropped the jack on their highest end phone. eg: Nokia, Sony, Google, Xiaomi, HTC, Razer.

Its like you never leave your basement and encounter situations where theres only VGA ports!

HTC Razer Nokia and Sony are barely of note. Samsung alone is more important than all of them and they still have jacks just not on some models which doesn't mean shit.

Like I said. A fad along with the notch applefag.

It's like I work at a company that upgraded their projectors in the past 10 years!

Samsung will be cutting it too very soon, I guarantee it. As for notches those will go away as under screen cameras become feasible, they're just the best solution right now. Samsung will either wait until then or follow suit if it takes too long.

>well, time to connect my 1920x1080 120Hz monitor
>oh wait, vga can't do that
or an even more realistic scenario
>okay, time to connect to my roof mounted projector and watch some movies in 1080p
>well it doesn't work, since I ran the cable through the roof and it's more than 10m
>time to run it in 800x600 for maximum viewing pleasure