Amazing. He is really going to save those kids. Is there anything this man can't do...

Amazing. He is really going to save those kids. Is there anything this man can't do? How can the rest of the world even compete with the technological genius of Elon Musk?
>Elon Musk built a “submarine” to rescue Thailand kids
>Using the liquid oxygen transfer tube of Falcon rocket as hull
>Extremely robust in design
>Light enough to be carried by 2 divers
>Small enough to get through narrow gaps
>"Testing for 3 more hours in LA, then it’s on a plane to Thailand,"

arstechnica.com/science/2018/07/elon-musk-built-a-submarine-to-rescue-thailand-kids-heres-what-it-looks-like/

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-07-08-at-3.40.10-PM-980x733.png (980x733, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bigbluedivelights.com/products-detail.asp?country=us&Product=208
youtube.com/watch?v=hUeEfiFy8sw
youtu.be/qU7FuAswPW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-07-08-at-3.40.04-PM-980x731.png (980x731, 956K)

>inb4 it accidentally causes the death of at least one of them

Lol the fucking idiot is too late they already started getting the kids out

circlejerk.

a portable coffin? nice!

For something one starts

Attached: star-trek-into-darkness-simon-pegg-chris-pine.jpg (3072x2044, 2.06M)

they might otherwise just all die in place

>Is there anything this man can't do?
Not be a retarded faggot?

By the time they bring this to the cave the stupid klds will be dead

How big is the plane?

well aerospace grade aluminum is very strong.
especially when properly heat treated.
it should hold up.

Isn't that just an airtight coffin with some air the divers will carry?

B-B-BUT'S IT'S JUST FOR PR

NOOOO

STOP IT

F-FUCK CAPITALISM!

Attached: 1495392749251.png (593x635, 337K)

Attached: they-finished-your-moms-dildo.jpg (500x395, 39K)

>avoids mentioning that several kids and the faggot that lured them there are already out without the help of that suppository
hi there mr musk

Looks like a giant cock Elon Musk really going for that thailand twink ass

but elon, they already rescued 2 kids. the other 2 will be rescued tomorrow.

lol

It literally is you fucking imbecile

But, don't worry. Elon obviously has some damage control tweet ready to justify why none of his rick and morty ideas was used.

There is nine kids plus the coach. The sub will speed the rescue of the remaining six victims.

HE KILLED AT LEAST ONE OF THEM

He's not too late though. Only four kids are out. Six more plus the coach to go. Rescue operations are on standby now. Complexities of the operation and the use of the sub are being discussed with boots on the ground right now.

bait harder nerd.

>being so jealous of Musk's abilities you rage about his mere mention on a Tibetan basket weaving image board
Get a life loser

meanwhile what is the literal devil trump doing? absolutely nothing, not even a tweet with his thoughts and prayers. how can a person be so disgusting? I wish everyone was like musk-sama.

>Still reading that piece of complete diarrhea called Ars technica

It's the biggest nest of $0y-fed nerds which are characteristic of the downfall of the West right now. They truly deserve what it's happening to them right now. They deserve to go extinct, while worshipping a bunch of frauds like Musk.

Wow I just removed my bookmark for that shitty site.

They've been running this story and trying to extract as much $0ynerd collective worshipping as possible.

I rather move freely and attached with a rope to a professional diver. That thing only works if you tranquilize these kids before you put them into this tiny metal coffin.

more like basedtechnica. elon musk is a faggot, why do they praise this piece of shit?

Compared with that heavy, unmaneuverable, metal cylinder, the inflatable pods idea is a way more elegant solution especially for the narrow confines of the cave passages.

Attached: 3b8dde636d7cf33583e348ecc671bab7.jpg (768x576, 63K)

Truly /our guy/, intergalactic lebensraum soon!

Attached: 15184721744506.png (660x371, 156K)

The thais just makeshifted a similiar solution bringing 4 of them out.

Attached: ghetto pod.png (720x775, 701K)

What’s the likelihood it gets stuck in the narrow portions and everyone left in the cave drowns?

What's wrong with Ars? they can be pretty SJW sometimes but in general the articles are in depth and very into technology, pretty cool guy

Why would anyone discuss something with a boot?

>0 profit will come from this
looks like capital's indeed getting fucked

he will sell this new system to somebody somewhere that will want it

leaked spy image from teslainsider webpage

Attached: stock-photo-cartoon-yellow-submarine-404301469.jpg (450x375, 28K)

Can we unironically start calling him Tony Stark

Thank you Tony Stark

so if they leak and the ladyboys drown in a fucking tube, does musk have to resign?

Resign from what?
His privately owned company?

Marxists scramble to create alternate rescue vehicle, cite difficulties describing metals as "fascist elements" and that modern fabrication techniques are overly oppressive due to largely being created by white males.

Attached: 1484949151772.jpg (1086x725, 140K)

happens all the time

Give examples.

pic related :^)

Attached: nosb.png (838x707, 651K)

>Hurr durr y dond u cum up wit soludjion den

>on standby
Probably because Elon paid Thailand government to stop rescuing them so he could do it with his technological genius!

Looks like a big submarine (for me). I don't get it. Wasn't the problem that actual divers couldn't fit through some rocks and obstacles? How is this gigantic dildo going to fit in?

And if it was filled with air wouldn't it be impossible to submerge? I have a hard time keeping a beach ball underwater.

He does realize caves aren't neat fucking tunnels right?
Not that we've been given a complete look at the system, but I'd guess there is no way that piece of shit could make it to them. If anything it would get stuck and trap them underwater so they suffocate anyways.

The divers can fit, they just can't fit whilst wearing their tanks.
The sizing was chosen after consultation with the divers on site.

But even with the amazing turnaround on production and testing - the monsoon is flooding the caves quicker than expected, so the op was started immediately.

A problem that has been encountered though, after just 4 kids they've exhausted ALL of the oxygen tanks they placed along the route (the tanks which the Thai Navy SEAL diver died placing)

All the divers are worn the fuck out and know they have to place tanks again (that's 3-4 dives at ~5 hours each) before they can even attempt another go.
Moreover, the 4 that have been rescued were the strongest of the bunch (in Cave rescues the order is Physically Strongest > sickly > average > Mentally strongest - the physically strongest are rescued first to test and hone the rescue system, since problems are more likely to occur in the first runs)

Ballast you fucking brainlet. he even said they could just pile some rocks in if the kid was too light. How do you think submarines stay 'afloat' under water?
Also the dimensions are probably perfectly fine for the 70cm tunnel given that they have a buch of halfway smart engineers working on it. jesus fucking Christ.

Halfway through they seize the means of production and redistribute the jobs to more deserving party members.
Everything falls apart 15 minutes later.

Why do they even bother with tanks? Why not just use some long pipe they can suck oxygen out of? Sort of like those old diving suits.

Attached: 1519898930544.jpg (765x1024, 456K)

I'm assuming they have different divers switching out tanks than the ones that are pulling them out. There's a fuckton of people there.
The coach was among the group pulled out first, the assumption is he's severely malnourished from giving the kids all the food, though I'm not sure if that's been officially stated.

what happened to your brain

It's not just the width, have you ever tried to move long furniture through a door in a narrow hallway? And they may have to do that underwater essentially blind.

Daily reminder that Elon Musk stole my idea and is profiting from it

Attached: literal genius.jpg (668x169, 24K)

why didn't he make the end a drill?

Attached: ea3.jpg (600x948, 71K)

>a metal pipe with handles
bravo elon
real life tony stark here

this

Attached: simon.jpg (700x394, 103K)

You and your silly jokes, Elon.

The coach isn’t out. Back to /pol you subhuman brainlet

the company i work for propose literally the same thing only that ours is more advanced and flexible than this

it took them days to answer back and by the time they did it the time window had passed..

>is there anything this man can't do?
fly to Mars

>avoids to mention that for each kid that goes out 17 hours of refill and constant measrement of water level needs to be done..

just imagine if a sudden thunderstorm just hit the area..
oh wow then what?

Better than Jeff Who?

You don't understand how buoyancy works at all, do you? Also, do you think fluorescent/ electrical lights magically stop working under water?
I'm not a cave diver, but I'm an engineer and go deep sea diving now and then - the biggest risk else is the kids hyperventilating and using up all their oxygeor, if they're using scrubbers, overwhelming them. That or tearing off their masks because they're retarded children.
With the tube you can tranq the kids and just ferry them out.

>deep sea diving

are you a fellow padi master diver?

Jesus Christ could fly to Mars if he wanted

The water is like coffee, no amount of fluorescent lights will do shit you retard.
How the fuck does buoyancy help you bend a steel fucking tube through a cramped twisting cave?

Looks like a sealed version of this.

Attached: 1505023189711.jpg (1424x2740, 890K)

Sure, but I think that ran through a premade tube, or at the leas through an artificial hole that ait could specifically fit through.

>padi master diver
I'm currently Advanced Open Water 'certified'. If I have time this year I'll probably log a few more dives.

you have no idea do you know

bigbluedivelights.com/products-detail.asp?country=us&Product=208

Yes, they drilled three shafts until one reached, then made a test run with it before the operation.

That's why I said the engineers will probably have thought of that and designed it so it'll fit.

do it till mid 2019 user comex.fr will open few more jobs for master divers (currently 2 me and another one and will open 3 more)

What part of the water is like coffee do you not understand? Lights for open water diving are operating in clear-ish water..

>is there anything this man can't do?
keep a stable romantic relationship

they arent suppose to illuminate your way
but A WAY
when a similiar thing happened in greece some years ago we placed similiar lights in a vertical position facing the cave ceeling so that it could illuminate a big sphere like area to guide us

Attached: 1525367858784.jpg (200x189, 16K)

>making fun of a guy using his money to help people
haha I love Jow Forums best memes

>help people
Help monkey ladyboys more like it

>haha get it they're foreign ergo not human haha
best memes keep em coming

are we allowed to say onions sauce

disregard Jow Forumsacks, their intellect puts them closer to chimps than humans
what's being argued here is that Elon is clearly piggybacking off of this to get his media attention, he could very well save them all without a single tweet, much less nonsense about freezing them and reviving outside just so he can appeal to Rick and Morty fans
it's clearly pr to him, so he doesn't deserve any respect

youtube.com/watch?v=hUeEfiFy8sw

all the oxygen got sucked out, probably.

youtu.be/qU7FuAswPW0

Waste of resources

They've already rescued like 7, at this point it's just a PR stunt.

>Elon Musk built a “submarine” to rescue Thailand kids

It's called the torpedophile

Attached: 1522219210429.gif (640x480, 3.06M)

> genius, rescue
Rediscovering 8 years (and more) old technology

Attached: 000.jpg (440x292, 80K)

How will it fit through this?

Attached: ss (2018-07-09 at 17.47.37).png (1184x801, 879K)

uuuh science bitch?

most image about cave is inaccurate

this is how cave looks like

Attached: thai_cave_detailed_map.png (976x1526, 62K)

the entire "surveyed" cave system

Attached: tham-luang_cave-survey.png (1063x1594, 119K)