archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/FL9_8rrJ-BG4ZI-TjurqTQ/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not a 30 year old boomer

i have a sex life

>Another "I want to show off my cool stuff" thread
nobody cares fuck off

*anymore

I got rid of my last crt monitor two years ago

do i see a gamecube controller down there? nice.

Nostalgiafaggotry is a mental illness

You admit it's cool

Attached: image.jpg (225x350, 77K)

Yes but it's hooked up to a Wii.

its big and very heavy. widescreen tvs are like 100kg and have flat surfaces to make lifting it safely even harder

jade empire?

I'm not a manlet so it's not an issue for me.

Yes it's been on my back log and I've been too depressed to play it when it first came out. I still am though.

it has nothing to do with height. those things are heavy and have no handles so you need really strong hands or expensive tools to move it

pvm masterrace

what is up with that plate though

True but it's easy if you had two people.

Weed extract evaporation tray for when I clean my glass

>depressed
>weed
why is it always like that?

but i have several user. They were free too.

Attached: sony teevee.jpg (3840x2160, 2.74M)

I don't need a TV with lead and mercury heating up my house in a heat wave increasing my electric bill. Plus I don't need Jow Forums levels of strength to lift a 50 inch CRT landwhale.

I have PTSD which gives me severe anxiety and depression. Weed is better than alcohol for this imo.

Is it a trinitron? Nice

hurf durf

I do, as my third monitor.

Attached: IMG_20180313_105117.jpg (719x1280, 109K)

What's the refresh rate on crts? I mostly play fast paced shooters like cs and quake, and I play at 1024x768 anyways

You'll be lucky to see 120hz

>OG xbox
good man

I have a gigantic fucked up one in my basement that I watch TV on. It's painful to look at but I got used to it.

Attached: Aryan seto kaiba.jpg (236x314, 12K)

generally over 60hz and capping off at around 120hz

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

trinitrons can be driven to 250hz or more.

I'm not stupid enough to put a electron gun in my living room. This shit will kill you.

72, 75, 85 Hz were the usuals

>yet
Ok, kiddo...

Most can do 160. Some can do 200 or higher.

Untrue. They tend to cap off at 170hz for the better monitors like F520 and G520.

CRT gave me headaches from time to time. I appreciate those true blacks though.

I probably would but I have no room.

i got a 20" Trinitron im holding onto.

At ridiculously low resolutions. I've found playing CS:GO on anything lower than 768p sucks.

I'm not some dumb retard holding onto dead, inferior technology. Plasma replaced CRT with something better and OLED has now done the same to plasma.

>yet
I got rid of mine because it had worse blacks than my LCD

Set both to a black screen in a dark room and the CRT was more visible

what game

>I got rid of mine because it had worse blacks than my LCD
0/10

Jade Empire

>yet
Nobody who used those big, heavy boxes with fuzzy images misses them. Even the first LCD monitors were a huge upgrade, could drive at 60 Hz with no flickering and the image was pixel perfect.

I have an eMac and a couple of CRT TVs with me. Unfortunately it seems like only faggy gamers care about CRTs anymore.

they are good for viewing old photos and videos too. flat monitors have that dumb native resolution thing that crts did not have.

Is that Xbox modded? Remove the clock capacitor if you have a 1.0-1.5 motherboard as well, it’s a ticking time bomb that will eventually leak and ruin your Xbox

Yeah, that's what I use it for. It's just a lot of the people who talk about them now want to use them for their silly little games. I have my VCR on my projector now, though

>Even the first LCD monitors were a huge upgrade
You clearly never used a monitor from the 90s or early 2000s. My 1998 Toshiba Sattelite had an LCD screen that updated so slowly that it literally made walking in Chrono Trigger impossible.

Please don't compare laptop screens to desktop monitors

even the desktop models would have a long trail after the cursor when you move it.

Early LCD monitors weren't much better. They all had ghosting. They also had horrible contrast which made everything washed out. Because of the shit contrast the colors were lower than sRGB.

>it has nothing to do with height. those things are heavy and have no handles so you need really strong hands or expensive tools to move it
If you are taller, than you subsequently have a longer wingspan. If you have a longer wingspan, then you can hold a CRT from the bottom on the sides with the screen facing your body.
If you're a manlet you have to rely on forklifting them with your arms. Having strong hands is relatively inconsequential.

Laptops in 1998 were made solely for corporate employees to type reports and read emails on business trips.

>tfw never tried to get gf

Attached: 1526295382747.png (576x699, 194K)

it is a Trinitron. its one of the later ones but its free with remote and I just watched True Lies on it looks pretty vivid desu.

I do which I got for free. I'm watching Ugly Betty right now.

Attached: IMG_20180708_203139222.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

>60 Hz
An objective downgrade from 85 Hz and higher rates.
>pixel perfect
Until you watch videos or play games with lower resolutions. Then it looks like absolute shit with improper scaling that squishes some parts or the image while stretching others.

stop
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/FL9_8rrJ-BG4ZI-TjurqTQ/

>An objective downgrade from 85 Hz and higher rates.
It was easier to do with the video cards back then. Most CRTs could do 1600x1200 for example, but the video card would only do that at 60 Hz, which would make it unuseable due to flickering. So you had to come down to say 1024x768 or whatever it was, where the card would do 75 Hz. You would remember this, but you were born in the late 90s so you can't.

>jade empire

My fucking nigger

Attached: 122.jpg (687x384, 138K)

i dont even know how to try

do you though

idk, user. Redpill me on them.

>you were born in the late 90s
Is 1994 too late for you? I didn't get a PC until 2004 and the shitty OEM ATI Rage card it still did 1600x1200 at 85Hz.

its not always me but i may post it sometimes when someone posts those pictures that i quote

I have a good monitor that isn't a carcinogenic blurry piece of shit

Attached: 1525519780037.jpg (250x250, 7K)