Fffffffff

I'm trying to boot windows 7 from a CD. Don't judge.

BIOS recognizes the keyboard and mouse but win 7 boot does not. This is a brand new build. MSI x470.

Any help? I may just need to pick up a stupid ps2 converter...

Attached: 20180708_202620.jpg (4128x2322, 2.23M)

>Don't judge.
get fucked

I bet you bought a cuck board with no USB2.0 ports.

Not helpful!

It has several USB 2 ports. I'm using them but I think they are switching to 3 when I get to the windows boot. The keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS and yes I have compatability mode on

Boot cd drive in the 3. Keyboard and mouse in the 2

Attached: 20180708_203303.jpg (4128x2322, 3.7M)

Corrupted CD?

>switching to 3

>he didn't buy a board with dedicated USB2.0 ports on a real ASMedia USB controller

It's not a cuck board shutupp!!!!

Attached: 20180708_203518.jpg (4128x2322, 2.63M)

ROG Crosshair is the only board.
There are no others.

Attached: crosshair-vi-9x-300x292.jpg (614x250, 112K)

Nah it really is the usb being a faggot with windows. Why did I throw away my last green ps2 to usb connector?

>using front ports for an OS install

I did try the back. Sames. :^(

Time to learn how to pre-load USB3.0 drivers into a Windows disc image, and flash it to a USB drive.

Why are you installing from a CD? Why not use a USB?

I don't have another pc. I threw my other one into a pond in the woods behind my house.

Fucking phoneposters

Because that's what I have. An old win 7 cd with one more install left on it

Don't you have a library of old USB drives with different installer images on them?

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>i'm just here to take the piss out of this idiot

Just install Windows 10 man. It's just better! It also supports AMD Ryzen, which doesn't even work with 7.

I think the only dumb thing I'm doing is installing win7 desu

The plan was to get it booted with 7 and then upgrade to 10. Ugh

Thanks for shitting on me everyone, it's what i needed to get me through. Love you all.

Nah, you can install 7 just fine on Zen, you just need to know how to install it correctly.
There are some kernel scheduling optimizations that are only in 10, but otherwise it works.