Fuck captchas

Holy shit these have been insufferable lately. Waiting 20 minutes for trucks to load and then doing it 3 times because it says that signs are buses or some shit. This fade-out shit is the most time-taking shit in the world. How do we work around this shit?

Attached: FUC YOU.png (264x151, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EsyoK02F27E
sites.google.com/site/bughunteruniversity/nonvuln/recaptcha-accepting-an-invalid-response-to-a-challenge
github.com/tromp/cuckoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You work around it by clearing your cookies. There's also the fake cookie magic but I don't know how that works,

google captcha has been shit for over 6 months now, nothing new

I posted
this thread,

yesterday. It appears many people are happy to be googles bitch. Therefor nothing will change. The internet is now full of people who value conformity/convenience over critical thinking/common sense/protection of privacy/freedoms/anti-techno-corporate-tyranny

Not only does google swallow up all things that become useful and take from their monopoly, they also provide recaptcha now and essentially are the locks on the internet dam. Nothing moves without the Nod from google. I do not see this changing and its very very fucking sad.

Attached: Lock & Dam No. 7 Lock.jpg (1600x1066, 366K)

the slow fading captchas have nothing to do with bot prevention. its there to annoy users and they even pause it if you change to another tab instead of wasting time waiting for the image.

Attached: c.png (395x527, 228K)

Violentmonkey + 4chanX. No need to be signed into a Google account.

Use chrome while being logged into your Google account :^)

so you've solved 1 site out of millions.

Red pill mofos. These threads exist to make you also think the bot control annoys you more then it annoys those who would spam BS.

This was the correct solution.

Attached: scrn_2018-05-03_12-57-35.png (495x718, 254K)

and why do we have to have the botnet to avoid spam? why cant we have opensource captchas instead? dont give me some bullshit about load balancing/scaling. websites can handle scaling their entire infrastructure, a single frame/recurring script should not warrant the google overlord stepping in.

Attached: download.gif (480x270, 1.76M)

Attached: 1531121336604.png (264x151, 15K)

Cant even tell if theres something to be garnered here of if its a joke.

The way you pointed to a few letters leaves me undecided.

>unironically posting on Jow Forums

this.

>Sep 2015 - Moot sells website to Hiroyuki Nishimura.
>No details were disclosed at the time of the acquisition.
>Nishimura, fresh off a slew of data-mining scandals, seeks to start anew as the new owner of Jow Forums.
>At first, everything remained the same on the site, albeit under new management.
>One year, and one month after the change in ownership, Nishimura authors a post with the simple title of "Winter is Coming".
>Nishimura said, "We had tried to keep Jow Forums as is. But I failed. I am sincerely sorry", citing server costs, infrastructure costs and network fees.
>Most of the community believed this either to be the end of Jow Forums altogether, or perhaps a radical change in what functionality it had.
>Eventually, the chatter died down, and soon everyone forgot. The site remained each day after, until present day.
>There are sometimes janitor application openings, yet no one in the community has ever been contacted about their application.
>Rarely do moderation staff post on the board anymore, if at all. It's as if the entire power structure behind Jow Forums vanished, or simply went dark.
>This leaves one final question.. what do we know about the owner of Jow Forums?

Attached: 1524383914878.jpg (630x636, 53K)

We know he was involved in data-mining scandals, that Moot basically "stole" Jow Forums from Nishimura, and then sold it to him. Moot is now at Google. What do we know of Jow Forums? That is the question.

well you got most of that right, except moot stole nothing, he took an idea and improved upon it, and got more traffic as a result.

And hiro, being a proven dataminer of his own users, god knows how he fixed the site funding issues. I can't imagine its all Jow Forums passes.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

you cant steal a fucking html/css arrangement, and if you can, what if you change a single hex color code? is it now a different idea entirely? where does it end? preposterous.

The Doctor is coming.

ok.

>I can't imagine its all Jow Forums passes.
I can imagine it's passes and ads, which phoneposters don't block. The passes apparently sell pretty well. Threads like this sell passes.

>The passes apparently sell pretty well. Threads like this sell passes.

is it my to turn spout unsubstantiated bullshit backed by nothing but my dumb opinion now?

i miss being able to type nigger nigger nigger in captchas

When will you guys realize that reCaptcha is the only service that can handle Jow Forums's traffic? Moot said so many times.

The problem with reCaptcha is that it's just free labour to train google's AI botnet while it's FUCKING annoying for us end users.
Usability of this site has gone completely down the shitter, and it's entirely to blame on reCaptcha.
The old text ones were only a mild annoyance, but the new ones are absolutely cancerous. We're literally helping to create skynet.

Jow Forums could host its own captcha or a HashCash thing.

There are recaptcha helper scripts as well.

works 4me

Attached: 9.jpg (437x501, 56K)

I was about to make a thread on this. Fuck captchas have been absurd lately.

Whats annoying about recaptcha is sometimes it purposely marks a correct result as incorrect. This is to make it harder to automate the task apparently.

youtube.com/watch?v=EsyoK02F27E
classic video
we need a federated imageboard protocol...

sites.google.com/site/bughunteruniversity/nonvuln/recaptcha-accepting-an-invalid-response-to-a-challenge

>By accepting invalid answers (and sometimes rejecting valid ones!) , creating such a bypass gets much more complicated for spammers.

solution is to use a processor travel time bound proof work captcha. ie cuckoo graph. but will anyone write it?

Wat u speak of

>processor travel time bound proof work captcha. ie cuckoo graph
Explain what you mean and how it differs from HashCash.

Doesn't change the captcha in the quick reply window to be non-javascript, so useless.

github.com/tromp/cuckoo
instead of number crunching you solve a graph cycle problem, better energy consumption.

The fuck are you talking about?

Attached: Screenshot_20180709_173126.png (688x556, 203K)

It doesn't do that. The main reply window gets it, but not the quick reply window.

Thanks. I'm glad someone is trying to come up with better PoW algorithms instead of just giving up on PoW.

it's not a lost cause user!

I'm not trolling you. It just doesn't do that so it's no good.

The main reply window is no good because every time it shits itself and says you forgot to solve the captcha, you lose your post, and that seems to happen even more often with 4chanX on.

I tried to post this without having turned 4chanX off first 6 fucking times and it said I forgot to solve the captcha each time before I gave up and turned it off.

Attached: captcha4.png (1069x831, 234K)

I hope so, because PoS doesn't look good to me due to the "nothing is cheaper than Proof of Work" argument. It's really a shame that in spite of all the cryptocurrentcy speculation going on we still don't have reliable, low transaction cost micropayments to replace captchas.

it really is. maybe once google's done sucking the teat of mturk they'll let us use our papertrails to verify that we exist.
>tfw they track typing speeds everywhere to identify you

Hi, John.

how'd you know

Bayesian inference.

Those low res captcha's are the worst.
Why did they get rid of legacy captcha again?

Because they want you to teach machines how to drive instead of read now.

I used to use the audio ones because they're a lot faster but nope now I'm suspicious and it disables me

Jfc just buy a pass with a prepaid cc and stop wasting your time

works well with Jow Forums-x
just uncheck literary everything except for quick reply on the non-javascript captcha
to change your settings in the native Jow Forums extension you just have to disable Jow Forums-x temporarily

Blame Kimmo

I hate this shit
>wait forever for these images to l o a d e x t r a s s s l l l o o o w w w
>sorry goy do another
>oh you wanted an audio captcha? You must be sending automated requests, yeah that’s it, clicking retry twice and audio once is inhuman
>just sign up for google and stay logged in all the time, it can all go away
>make an account dammit.

Seems different to each board, when I shitpost here usually I'm getting fading captcha while going on other board some will get me a one click captchas (street signs etc)
Also by going slowly it's more tolerable, used to be clicking like retards and skip. Now I just do them slower and it'll take like two or three attempts at max.

PEBKAC

Attached: 2018-07-09 18_58_58.jpg (780x812, 67K)

>use captcha to train machines to recognize words and objects
>eventually machines use this to beat the captcha
>make it harder
>machines get better
>repeat
When will it stop?

Attached: 69010B47-5AAB-4AA0-A04B-E15F558A76B4.png (516x440, 157K)

4chanX and noscript captcha

>click this stupid little squares 27 times
>ok now grab this huge chunk of text and paste it over here
>congrats you can now post for 2 minutes

how the fuck is that any better

Literally select 3 squares and confirm. You don't even need to copy paste the text since it's automatized.

wtf are you talking about
this is how it looks

No-JS Captcha

stop spoonfeeding people, having angry anons being annoyed with google captchas is good
(hiro pls get rid of it pls)

I just caved and bought a pass now that they changed their crypto payment processor to Coinbase and they accept other faster coins. I tried to use BTC in Nov but it didn't confirm in time and I lost like 8 fucking dollars in fees.

I was rangebanned on /a/ for no reason and finally I can post on there

Attached: ScreenRecord-2018-07-09-15-15-36.webm (720x1280, 1020K)

I have to click on the checkboxes, not the images, and then click verify and finally copy and paste the text.

If I enable "Captcha fixes" nothing happens, except for the text field in the bottom dissapearing making the captcha solve impossible.

What am I doing wrong here.

Attached: s.png (685x279, 31K)

from the faq
Why do I have to copy a code when "Force Noscript Captcha" is turned on but other users don't?

Having to copy a code is the default behavior of Google's no-script fallback captcha, but Jow Forums X automates the process as part of the "Captcha Fixes" feature. If this feature is disabled or not working, you may need to copy the code yourself. Currently there is a bug in Greasemonkey 4 causing userscripts not to work on pages loaded in frames, which breaks the "Captcha Fixes" features. If this is important to you, try using Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey for now.

aw shiet that fixed it, thanks

I think that's just Jow Forums specific. I've had the fade outs on other sites and it'd go by extremely quick.

bumpo, so that retards can finally learn how to stop feeding the botnet

proxy/vpn extension and clear cache/cookies extension

if you don't clear cache/cookies, you eventually get this bullshit. a lot of times you get it even when you clear the cache/cookies. that's where the proxy comes in

i had to use this method with this post

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-08 17-36-02.png (302x243, 19K)

works the first time every time

Attached: 1504467107502.png (276x271, 8K)

What is the actual reason for Google to make the fade-in animation extremely fucking slow instead of fast?

Literally just to annoy users into using chrome with a google account.
They might claim that it's to throw off the bots, but let's all be honest here, they couldn't care less about actual bots when it comes to this captcha.

Attached: 1389983065.gif (500x382, 184K)

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE STUPID AUTOMATED QUERIES BULLSHIT BLOCK?

THIS IS FUCKING GAY FIX THIS SHIT NOOOOOWWWWWW!

i brought it up in the irc and they too thought google captcha was awful but they said they couldn't find an alternative for a site as big as Jow Forums

ah but you can create a GoogleTM Mail(R) account and have shorter captchas! because we know those people aren't bots, they dont have to be tested as much! google needs to be hit with some fucking insane antitrust

HN
N

ITS NOT ABOUT Jow Forums KNOWING WHO YOU ARE, ITS ABOUT GOOGLE CONTROLLING INFORMATION FLOW ALL OVER THE INTERNET FOR NO REASON.

never, because google captcha has never been purposed for anti-spam as its main mission.

its about google getting stronger

cuck^ right here

>stop helping people defend themselves against the google goliath, its just a big game to me

>I just caved and bought a pass
sure

>What am I doing wrong here.

you're not swiss cheese like all these other idiots who think no-js is working for them because it "jus werks"

Attached: download (6).jpg (808x880, 222K)

>HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE STUPID AUTOMATED QUERIES BULLSHIT BLOCK?

as long as google wants user, as fucking long as google wants.

be a good goy, sign up for:

>Google Alerts
>Google Assistant
>Google Books
>Google Finance
>Google Groups
>Google Flights
>Google News
>Google Shopping
>Google Video
>Google AdSense
>Google Ad Planner
>Google AdWords
>Google Certification Program
>Google Ad Grants
>Google Think Insights
>Google Cultural Institute
>Google Art Project
>Google 3D Warehouse
>Google Sketch
>Google G Suite
>Google Hire
>Google Business Solutions
>Google Calendar
>Google Charts
>Google Docs
>Google Domains
>Google Drive
>Google Hangouts
>Google Gmail
>Google Play Music
>Google Google+
>Google Sites
>Google Voice
>Google YouTube
>Google Ventures
>Google Classroom
>Google Cloud
>Google Maps
>Google Street
>Google Analytic
>Google Consumer
>Google Trends
>Google Chrome
>Google Earth
>Google Toolbar
>Google Web Designer
>Google Photos Backup
>Google Pay
>Google Pay Send
>Google Current
>Google Translate
>Google Authenticator
>Google Play Books
>Google Goggles
>Google Play
>Google Primer
>Google Sync
>Google Talk
>Google Now

>they said they couldn't find an alternative for a site as big as Jow Forums

what actual thought process is behind this?

They can handle all the other traffic, page loads, posts, images, page content etc etc.

but the captcha is too much...

Don't know what to say I actually use audio captcha whenever I'm wearing my headphones which is like 90% of the time I'm at my computer

I was implying that google knows your rectal cavity 3d model so there is no need to be suspicious of you.

Fuck robots.

that doesn't make much sense because the image fade in captcha is why I switched to audio captcha
if I could give google my 3d rectal instead of gookmoot $20 I probably would

>thinking moderators have the technical knowhow
could you do it?

>cars are supposed to be able to drive themselves
>people prove they're human by identifying cars
really makes you wonder

>if I could give google my 3d rectal instead of gookmoot $20 I probably would

Why give either? Do you really value convenience so much that you are willing to give up resources/privacy for it?

>could you do it?

I believe any competent backend webdev could do it. Its not a matter of skill, more common sense.

The captcha is a drop in the bucket for the amount of load the site must push.

>competent
there have been zero changes to this website in 10 years and not because nothing could improve. an easy fix would be to make captcha only mandatory once a day or so long, provided that is an option for website hosts

you kinda really missed what i was saying lol. i was implying any actual competent dev.

and i dont even know if the Jow Forums dev(s) are incompetent, I think they use google for a reason.

Reminder that every time you solve a captcha Google records what you posted, when and how.

can you substantiate this?

t. guy who has been bashing captcha and google the entire thread.

I don' even get captcha most of the time. Just press tab, space to tick the "not a robot" box and enter to post.
I get captcha once or twice a day at most