So Jow Forums which is the best motherboard manufacturer? Which company do you go for?

So Jow Forums which is the best motherboard manufacturer? Which company do you go for?

Never tried EVGA but their boards look great as they don't have RGB bullshit

Attached: 151-SX-E299-KR_XL_5.jpg (1200x1200, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DICvLJbefY
supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Core/index.cfm
gskill.com/imgs/5/3418_5b1f42674b4d9.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just buy whatever I think is good. They're all just Chinese crap that fails 3-4 years anyways.

Tell me what features you want and I'll let you know.

It depends on the board not manufacturer

>full of meme fans
>will fail in less than 2 years
Standard EVGA fare.

I have 4 MSI, none ever failed.
one asus that was shit.
can't say more

Nice quads and i agree. MSI never gave me no troubles.

I’d only ever buy ASUS.

I personally like Gigabyte and ASRock, worked for a couple of setups, none have failed so far. I didnt even know EVGA made mobos

Same as this guy. It seems in Aus at least Gigabyte and ASRock hit a good value ratio. Make sure to read reviews for specific boards though.

ASRock

I've always heard asus makes quality board, but for gaming and normal consumer electronics stuff there warranty department can be hard to work with.

From what I've seen it's entirely up to brand loyalty and personal experience, the latter being usually inaccurate since the sample size is rarely more than two-three boards.

My own experience is that MSI is dogshit and after buying AsRock I've had zero problems.

That's not how digits work

Are you a brainlet? The only advantages you'll see between motherboards is what kind of features are put into them. All motherboards are basically the same, just has different capabilities and aesthetics.

Though, I miss the old green color of motherboards. They always looked cool to me.

The quality of EVGA boards isn't bad usually, but I've had some boards where the audio sucked. The thing with EVGA is that their customer service is the best I've interacted with in any industry, you just have to register your product on your EVGA account.
I bought a used Titan X that came with no screws for the cooler, took 5 minutes after registering the product on my EVGA account for them to send me screws for free. RMAs with them are easy peasy as well.
If you want something that just werks go with Asus or Asrock, their customer service sucks though. I've never had an issue with MSI products, but EVGA will always get my business because of how fucking awesome their customer service is, if only they made AMD boards they would be the perfect company.

ASSRockz Master Race

this, bought a used 980ti off ebay in June 2017 that died in November
set up an RMA, almost let it expire 'cause i was strapped for cash during the holidays, spoke to customer support, got the RMA extended with no issues, sent off the card, and got a new one two weeks later with no issues. only thing i had to pay was shipping fees
is the customer support and warranty just as good for motherboards, though?

there's also the company's track record with RMAs and honouring warranties but yeah

Only Asus motherboard never failed me.

my asus boards are running fine at 6 and 10 years

I've used two EVGA boards on the past, both were total junk. Z97 board's on-board wifi died immediately, Z170 board caused random freezing in wangblows whenever a minor OC was applied.

I don't think I'd give them another shot, honestly. Gigabyte and Asrock seem to be alright.

My last motherboard was an MSI board, other than being caught on the tail end of a networking chipset they were using and support being a little iffy on that it was pretty damn solid. No major issues I can think of other than some suspect key-doubling with my keyboard which could've been more Windows disagreeing with me. Current one's a Gigabyte gaymer board and two weeks in at least, it's been a complete breeze. Included beefy as hell antenna for the wifi, nice primo backplate, very solid build quality, pretty nice UEFI interface. Even has a nice little holder to make it easier to plug in the case connectors to the headers. About the only issue I can think of is that I don't think there was a PC speaker in the box, had to yank it from my last board. You've got the LED readout on it though so it's not required.

Gigabyte UD boards
Supermicro boards
Those both are pretty durable and aren't full of dumbass gaymer rice shit.
EVGA is decent too.

> not getting the joke

MSI and Gigabyte are okay for me
ANUS is ok, but low end ones are unreliable.
ASrock is shit
ECS is reportedly shit

can confirm, used to have an ecs x58 board that was hardlocked to 45nm cpus, not even microcode bios mods would get westmere parts to run, it also wouldn't turn on anymore after some time, only posted if you bent one edge of the board slightly
bios was utter garbage, memory support was garbage, pretty much everything about that board was 100% shit

Asus and MSI are good choices for sure. EVGA sucks in GPU's and mobos, go for MSI or Gigabyte for cards

Why go for this board over the Taichi XE unless you wanted the 1DPC feature. And why not either the R6A or OCF if you wanted high speed 1DPC?

Supermicro.
If you can't get one, Asus.

Attached: ParJh9q.jpg (3840x2400, 930K)

Depends on generation and whether its Intel or AMD. On the AMD frotn for example until zen only Asus took AMD's top end parts seriously and even today the best (in an absolute sense) remains the crosshair.

Attached: crosshair hero.jpg (1000x1000, 301K)

Asus is generally good. I've always had good luck with Gigabyte but others swear that they're shit. MSI was bottom tier shit years ago but recently people have been saying that they're good.

Some Asus are ok
MSI is absolute dog shit
Older gigabyte is good, UD3, etc
ASrock, as much as people talk down on it here is actually good
Never used evga

I got my first Asrock board with my ryzen system
I always avoided them because everyone said they were shit
but it has been my best build so far.

Can confirm my asus motherboard has been working for more then 10 years now

supermicro

it's by the board. being loyal to one company is dumb.

I regret not going asscock for my Ryzen build. I'm sure my MSI board is gonna die on me in a few years.

All boards are shit, some shittier than others

Fujitsu made some swank boards but it was german market only and they are dead now

>Muh meymeys xD

Attached: 1530915487894.gif (500x493, 631K)

I still have a working AM3+ board from ANUS, so they were good at some point.
These days, however, they segment their boards too much, to the point of making a Threadripper board that doesn't support ECC RAM.
My next board will probably be ASrock or MSI.

They stopped being an asus company by 2010 or 2011.

>No socket AM4
>No X399
Into the trash it goes, although their GPUs are alright.

They are all overpriced shit full of Gaymer leds and shit heatsinks.

Only server boards.
Not everyone can afford a server cpu

EVGA, you mean this joke of a company?

Attached: heatpipe.jpg (790x378, 60K)

See the Gamers Nexus review you brainlets youtube.com/watch?v=9DICvLJbefY

Had a P55 EVGA Motherboard, was quite neat and never gave me troubles, could get an i5 650 to ~3.74ghz stable (never bothered pushing it any further).
Not true, have an Asus z68 motherboard and been using it for about 5 years now, zero issues and still runs perfectly. Never pushed it though, have an i5 2500k and run it at 4.2ghz at most (board is capable of 4.6ghz or so according to reviews).

i find it funny there is literally 1 optimal montherboard for each generation of CPU but instead there are like 50 on the market with heaps of varients. ASUS had like 8 varients of their optimal 7generation intel board.

what should i even look forin a motherboard besides lots of usb ports and sata?

chipset fans reminds me the horror of nforce and SiS chipset

It depends on the socket. I have an MSI X299 that works alright, but it runs hot AF.

Attached: db0.jpg (349x642, 26K)

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, seems to be one of the only boards MSI makes that isn't plastered in autism.

Its great.

I like my gigabyte board. It was affordable and has everything I need until I upgrade my computer, and when I do, I think I'll continue using gigabyte.

yeah they've come such a long way from those shitty 6x0i and 7x0i boards

well atm for 8series intel CPU for non Kseries MSI make the best one the MSI Z370-A PRO

for K series ASUS TUF Z370-Plus Gaming is the optimal choice.

it changes but ASUS have been making the best intel overclocking boards for a little while they had the top 7series one as well.

it changes all the time thou.

also be careful buying some random motherboard buying one that lots of other people buy makes troubleshooting the PC a lot easier in the maybe decade lifespan the CPUs we have atm will have.

buying a common motherboard will help you do hackintoshes and random technical shit in the future that you probably will do considering cpus will last a decade now.

I used a core2duo overclocked to 4.5ghz from 2008-2017 I expect my 7600k to last even longer maybe 15 years.

I used a Gigabyte board (AX370 Rev 1) in my build. Pretty solid, except for the bugged BIOS, where it incorrectly shows DEL as the hotkey instead of F2

that's not a bug probably both work.

Nope. It doesn't. I've tried it

Don't mind me

Attached: bestMotherboardAndIfYouDisagreeYoureWrong.jpg (1000x853, 748K)

That's cute, with all the specs printed around the board, it reminds me of casio watches.

Depends on the CPU generation and what you'll use it for.
Supermicro is generally the best for workstations.
Gigabyte and Asus have made solid consumer boards for years, but they've both also made a couple of duds so check the specific board you are buying.
MSI and ASRock made a lot of shit with poor design and shit quality components only a few years back, especially back when ASRock was low-end Asus, I'd avoid them.
Smaller brands tend to range from okay to shit.
Huanan, Biostar etc. are the absolute worst of the worst.
Industrial boards such as Kontron, Portwell and modern DFI are in a class of their own, both quality and price.

Attached: rBVaHVoJRSyASx39AAFtpDTqnfA351.jpg (496x410, 58K)

My Asus ROG board lasted me 9 years on a very overclocked set up. Burned up a power plug on the board. Replaced the plug and it works perfectly again.

I have an MSI, just coming up to three years old, and I think it just fucked out on me. My computer died - like, completely dead - over the weekend and I'm pretty sure it's either the CPU or the motherboard.

Since we're on the subject, I don't suppose anyone knows an easy way of testing whether a motherboard is dead or not?

>mocks someone for using memes
>uses memes in response
Welp...

High end asus is good.

The new high end gigabyte boards are good.

Evga boards are pretty good, but their bios is a bit lacking

MSI is good for the low end and pretty much worst at mid range and high end.

Asrock has the best hardware, but it has a shit bios.

>The thing with EVGA is that their customer service is the best I've interacted with in any industry
Fucking this. I called the support line at midnight and was talking to an American rep within 5 minutes.

>you just have to register your product on your EVGA account
They can do it for you over the phone

>DFI
I fucking miss Lanparty boards.

its summer what u expect

>M.2 COOLER
TL Note: "cooler" means "heat shield"

No, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a cooler. That fan on the chipset is ducted to direct air over the M.2 ports, and the cover is to keep the air going where it should.

>chibi heatsink
>AM3+

Nyet comrade - thats an explosion waiting to happen.

but user, it says it's ULTRA DURABLE 3

I've never had any issue with EVGA, price wise I find them more competitive.

As said before, their customer service is fucking impeccable. I built homebrew 8-bit computers in the past and I like to tinker. I was adding a breakout box (using it to control my aquarium) to my mobo (EVGA Classified) and I wasn't having any luck trying to match the right pins. I swear the rep fucking knew each trace and even guided me down with a volt meter to find what I was looking for. These are the men I wish I could tip.

Seconded. Still use an Asus p8z68-v pro w/2600k and it works great today.

>tfw bought a gigabyte board for my r5 1600 because it was the first time i was flashing my bios

did i fuck up

Attached: 1524412082684.jpg (716x768, 120K)

I have Z97 Sniper myself, it's alright.

Asus makes the best top end boards. Everything else is whatever

the only correct responses

I wonder how many years i can squeeze out of my ROG VI HERO x370 board, it has already served as a platform for the 1700x and now the 2700x.

Internationally its shit. Rmas from Australia take 1 to 2 months

Yeah dude asus is honestly one of the best mobo/gpu manufacturers

I will also shill asus

You misspelled assrock

update: I apologise for my slur against MSI, because my computer is now working again and the motherboard is fine.

The hard part about supermicro is you have to use server parts i.e. xeons. That is fine if you are using them but for gamers you are not going to have fun having to swap out everything for a xeon build.

but muh 28 core 5GHz

Ive heard a lot of trash about supermicro plus their boards are always insanely expensive

There's a reason.

i only buy AsRock. Has never failed me unlike an asus board I had that died on me. Gigabyte just completely fucking dropped its quality, I used to swear on gigabyte boards.

That's not true and really hasn't ever been.
They make desktop boards. Even overclockable ones nowadays. On top of that, a lot of their server/workstation uniproc boards will take i7s perfectly fine.

supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Core/index.cfm
What are you talking about?

Buy an iMac :)

Attached: 4250C16.jpg (1518x1171, 604K)

Probably ASUS, though EVGA is considered pretty good.
I've had luck with Asrock, apparently that is uncommon.

Dont', it'll be the biggest mistake you'll ever make.

gskill.com/imgs/5/3418_5b1f42674b4d9.jpg

An Asrock Z170 board paired with an 8700K won 9/13

>no meme lights
>super cool heatsinks and extra fans which shouldn't even be necessary
wow great

Yeah 7 were at once though