Started with C# but I hate it. Can I get something more beginner friendly and not locked to a terrible IDE?

Started with C# but I hate it. Can I get something more beginner friendly and not locked to a terrible IDE?

Attached: 220px-In_the_aeroplane_over_the_sea_album_cover_copy.jpg (220x220, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

racket-lang.org/
docs.racket-lang.org/getting-started/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you guys recommend me something more*

C
you will not regret it

Start with A and work your way up.

Wtf is A?

C# is rather easy, but I guess you'd have to first be comfortable with functions and maybe objects.

Take a look at Python. It's pure, plain logic written in almost-pseudocode. Take a look at the books on No Starch Press. Automate the Boring Stuff with Python is a good start. It's where I started at least.

I think you can find good tutorials on Edx and YouTube too. Just steer away from Udemy, I'd say. It's rather predatory, and many of the tutorials there are actually ripoffs, outright copied from other places. They're practically good. They're just not morally good.

>locked to a terrible IDE?

Visual Studio is easily the best IDE out there. Troll thread.

>pic
my negro, /mu/core for life

It's bloated and slow as fuck

you can write C# in vim/emacs/whatever if you're not a brainlet

Fuck Microsoft

This

okay well that makes more sense, why didn't you say that to begin with

This

Imagine not having 8GB of RAM in 2018

I'm too poor but still fuck m$

Started in C# too, loving some Go atm. It's pretty nice, and the standard library has almost everything you will need. Worth checking out

>something more beginner friendly and not locked to a terrible IDE
I have no idea what you want if you think C# isn't easy and doesn't have great IDEs.

Node.js + VSCode

That shit isnt beginner friendly

It's like 15$ for 8gb ddr2, you're poor and stupid.

this
>A
>A+
>B
>C--
>C
>C+
>C++
>C#

>poor and stupid
>still on DDR2

If you think that C# isn't beginner friendly or that Visual Studio is a terrible IDE, you probably shouldn't be trying to learn programming.
And also it's not even true, you can use Ryder if you want to be a hipster.

More beginner friendly than C# and visual studio? Programming may not be for you.

>He thinks n

Programming is not for you. That's okay though. Find something you're good at.

You can write kode in Notepad++ and then compile the file using the command line application found under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe

>then compile the file using the command line application found under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe
Expand on this please. How the fuck do I do that?

>using basedtech
kys

>having a job
Keep on living.

python

Attached: 1519487006007.png (443x467, 98K)

Try racket, it's really versatile and fun to play around with.

racket-lang.org/
docs.racket-lang.org/getting-started/index.html