Linux has games too, bruh

Linux has games too, bruh.

You won't miss Windows.

Attached: TuxRacerScreenshot.jpg (644x481, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uuER0GHEs5U
youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3XN553RuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This game is unironically better than most modern "games"

An (incomplete) list of my GNU/Linux-native steam games
>7 Days to Die
>Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition
>Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced Edition
>Ballistic Overkill
>Barony
>Bioshock Infinite
>Borderlands 2
>Cardinal Quest 2
>Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
>Counter-Strike
>Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
>Counter-Strike: Source
>Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
>Day of Defeat: Source
>Day of Infamy
>Dead Island
>Din's Curse
>Divinity: Original Sin
>Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
>Dying Light
>The Escapists
>Goat Simulator
>Guts and Glory
>Half-Life
>Half-Life: Blue Shift
>Half-Life: Opposing Force
>Immortal Redneck
>Insurgency
>Killing Floor
>Left 4 Dead 2
>Metro 2033 Redux
>Metro Last Light Redux
>Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
>Mount and Blade: Warband
>Party Hard
>Pillars of Eternity
>Plague Inc: Evolved
>POSTAL 2
>Serious Sam 3: BFE
>Shadow Warrior
>Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
>Shadowrun Returns + expansions
>Streets of Rogue
>System Shock 2
>Team Fortress Classic
>Team Fortress 2
>Terarria
>Torchlight 2

FUCK OFF

I recommend people installing emulators (like for SNES) and getting the ROMs for old games. I don't bother much with finding games that actually can run on Linux natively. PC game devs don't seem to care about porting to Linux.

Such an impressive list... NOT

Oh yeah and I forgot the amazing emulator support on GNU/Linux!
I recommend PPSSPP for PSP games, and Mednafen for Playstation 1 as well.

DOOD WHAT

Attached: 1510032988854.gif (150x113, 1.35M)

how many games do you actually play? really? how many games are in your backlog? how many of those games are also on linux? i could somehow find a way to have a lifetime supply of videogames on a washingmachine but yet windows fags somehow still think videogames is a good argument

Yeah there's plenty of games on GNU/Linux. Granted, you're not going to ever get the latest AAA lootbox simulator, but there's still a pretty wide variety, not even getting into emulators and Wine

name a competitive fps that isn't CS, TF2, or insurgency for Linux and isn't dead [1500 or more active players at any one time] or dependent on a very VERY specific old combination of server / client version like ARMA 3

>what is WINE
>what is GPU Passthrough
Microshills in full force

Dxvk pretty much makes any game that runs in (((windows))) run just as well on Linux
This argument will be dead at years end

the realization that i dont play games for anything other than entertainment allowed me to switch to fulltime linux. windows is only necessary if you use videogames as a social catalyst, because linux can play all old games someway or another and you just cannot talk about it, but then you could argue that something like playstation 4 would be better for this purpose so i dont even understand. linux is definitely more enthusiast oriented

I know this is a joke, but those Linux games are actually really good, and I enjoy them more than the Windows variety. Ironically, I play them in macOS usually.

only game I play anymore works perfectly on Linux

Attached: c7udtylwkl7z.png (1920x1080, 3.95M)

GAYmers can suck my Turing complete cock, ever since i moved to linux and away from gayming my life has been better and i've been having MORE fun.

Left 4 dead 2 versus mode can get pretty competitive and fun

>tfw tweaking all night with a friend in hedgewars
youtube.com/watch?v=uuER0GHEs5U

Attached: 56476867845.png (883x1024, 105K)

The only competitive fps that matter are CS and TF2.

Or don't have 1500 players.

But hey, you could just play CoD 69 or something for "competition".

that's really stretching the definition of competitive fps

which sucks because neither of those games are that good in my opinion.

zoomer

wow, games from 10+ years ago.

Still great

Looks like im switching to linux thanks user

>he plays videogames for social reasons

Attached: 456768685.jpg (320x223, 13K)

While a lot of the games I play happen to have Linux ports, lots of those games have issues that don't exist on Windows.

Hyper Light Drifter can only load sound files 127 times before hardlocking the entire computer.

Northgard's map generation is bugged as all fuck, frequently causing crashes. The likelihood of crashing increases exponentially the larger you make the map.

Civ 5's graphics load textures extremely slowly, meaning any significant scrolling will make the game look like an N64 game for five seconds.

X3's launcher is fucking stupid in Linux, it literally wants you to plug in a controller to get past it.

I mean, I can play, but fuck, half of the reason I keep loading Factorio is because it just works.

>not just buying a console

most pc gamers don't even play games for sake of playing them. they just want to show off the performance of their pc which is why they obsess over fps.

i used to enjoy gaming(in the console days) until i got a computer and discovered what fps was. before i didn't even give a shit. fps made me not enjoy gaming

Attached: 1530652677093.jpg (1080x1350, 218K)

The only reason I still use windows is to occasionally play games.

If you could play all games on linux windows would be dead

yeah, if all you want to do is play cowadooty and fortnight. pc has the most complex games specifically because of its precise control scheme and higher resolutions. using two thumbs to steer in an fps is painful.

>tfw only play terraria and team fortress 2 but recommend linux to people anyways
you just got PRANKED

Attached: 54676875654.png (397x329, 90K)

I'd switch to Linux, but I need to get my game on.

Nobody recommended it to me, user, I just use both and occasionally try my Steam games in Linux.

It's easy enough to max out fps

>tfw you have a 1080ti and 240hz monitor

Most games suck. I basically just play competitive fps games. Not being poor or a retard gives you a significant advantage so why not take it? Consoles are for plebs and with the ability to use keyboard/mouse on them it's no longer a level playing field.

Stop leaving Rocket League off this copy pasta. Its the pinnacle of Linux gaming

nigger I play every game on my i5 t420 with arch™ linux thru wine. actually all the good games run better thru wine than on windows 10 so fuck you big boy

Attached: 20180111_204217.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

you missed the whole point retard. congrats

The number of times I've been disconnected from an online game cause I forgot to turn off the fucking "auto reboot to install updates" option in Windows.

Gradually, I began to hate them.

>EU4

Man play a real game, like Victoria 2, HoI2 or 3, or modded EU3.

More games than I'll ever need. And you left out the Tux games that are actually really damn good.

>Victoria 2
autism
>HoI2 or 3
autism
>modded EU3
turbo autism
also MEIOU and Taxes, and Veritas et Fortitudo are both on EU4 so why stick with the older game? inb4 muh sliders are better than mana

>sliders aren't better than mana
You were saying something about autism? Also lol @ Taxes, does the mod still give you 4 billion shekels/year for making two production buildings?

in theory sliders are probably better but in practice EU4 is slightly less of a clusterfuck than EU3

Neither game is a clusterfuck. One is better made and the other uses mana. Seriously, especially from a mod perspective, actually having an economy instead of a simplistic point system in order to advance your nation makes sense.

>Neither game is a clusterfuck.
Johan pls leave

no mc? the fuck

what was the point?
>these games are no longer relevant!
but they are still fun
>buut they are ollld
why does that matter if you play them for entertainment and not for social reasons?

and your witty retort is that I missed the point when it was in fact you who does. there is no reason to play fortnite except for FOMO of social gaming

There's no reason to play Fortnite unless you're 13 or younger, fact. It's the worst type of game. If there was only one video game, I'd rather it be even WoW than Fortnite.

>no fortnite
Nice try gramps

can you run emulators on linux?

Quake 3 is the only game you need.

>games
I'm not a manchild. I would much rather read a book.

Meh, I just dual boot. Easy to set up and just works

I like to draw

Yes, there are plenty of emulators available in most repos

Memory leak
The game

i will if you name a competitive fps for any platform that has over 1500 players, isn't proprietary, and isn't loaded with spyware and loot box shit

A quick steam search gave me
payday 2, 7 days to day, rust, Garry's Mod and Dying Light. All of them with over 9000 24H player peaks, some over 50K(a lot of people play rust for some reason)

I only play Red Eclipse. This shit is better than any game i have ever played (i value movement a lot). Arena shooter with parkour movement. But the comunity is small, so you may have to join a server and wait a couple of minutes untill more people join.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3XN553RuA

Attached: 1527775271174.gif (350x198, 2.33M)

looks like a lot of fun, i will give it a try thanks for mentioning it

No problem breh

wtf penguins i love lonix now

my boi frogatto comin' at ya

Why would I play game I have already played? some multiple times.

its physically impossible to have played all the good games in the past 40 years. there is enough entertainment to last you 30 lifetimes. hell there are enough doom mods alone to last a lifetime

Where do you get your pirated linux games? I hear about flatpaks all the time, but have yet to find one.

those are the only ones worth getting anymore desu

rutracker, i pirated prey earlier this week. it even has a wine specific linux subforum

the-eye dot eu slash public slash Games slash Linux slash

>M-M-M-MUH BIDEO GAYUMS

Attached: boomer.png (1000x861, 259K)

this is my gaming

Attached: mygames.png (1561x1051, 1024K)

is exactly ZERO (0)

>still playing games
Lol. As if any of them were even worth playing. Modern games are designed for chinks or 12 year olds.

sudo apt install retroarch

Either a "le wrong generation xd" zoomer or an actual boomer.

>steam games

>tfw THE game that's keeping me from switching to Linux (aside from Adobe software) is League of Legends

Attached: rsw2dom73l711.jpg (720x960, 58K)

Here's mine:

Counter Strike 1.6
Dota 2

Has Riot bothered to make a League client for Linux?

league of legends is for fucking 14 year old faggots. also use wine you fucking idiots

i quit league

game changes so much theres no longetivity

the skills you learn can go away overnight because its tweaked like every week

Wine is useless.

PC gamers are cancer and should kill themselves.
If I had to remove one group from Jow Forums, I'd remove all of you fags and replace you with console gaymers
At least console gaymers are based and don't jizz themselves over GPUs or the latest Intlel/GayMD rock, and spend their spare time being faggots instead of being paid shills for whatever new flavor of the week computer part

>steam

Attached: 1530544815986.png (160x160, 56K)

Lmao faggot only like 3 games out of that list are worth playing

OK real talk:

Does anyone here actually, legitimately, unitonically play anything other than valve games and hentai games that run on wine?

I was just playing Hitman on Ubuntu.

>he doesnt know about DXVK

Attached: 8202454976_3702ab4dac_m.jpg (191x201, 16K)

>you won't pay for windows
>but you pay for like 50$ for a game with DLCs
Ugh

>GitHub (owned by Microsoft) hosts it
No thanks

You sound shit at the game

tux racer is so fucking fun though

delete windows then

I'm running Ubuntu which is why i asked if Riot has made a client for Linux.

I play all the /v/core games through Wine on a T420.
>Deus Ex
>VtM:B
>Thief 1-3
>original Witcher
>Half-Life
>E.Y.E
>Morrowind (OpenMW)
>Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Haven't tried Half Life 2 and the Prince of Persia games from SOT onwards on that machine yet, should be no problem. It's a shame that a lot of the other Star Wars games from the early 2000s either didn't run or ran poorly when I tested them on the T420, but between the above games plus Eternal Darkness, Rogue Squadron 2+3, R: Racing Evolution and Spiderman 2 on the Gamecube I have way more than enough games to play. Between work, housework, social obligations my other hobbies, it takes months to even finish one of those games like HL.

>league of legends is for fucking 14 year old faggots
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I still play some games with my friends every weekend and it's still fun to play after years, that's enough of a reason for me to keep playing it for me regardless of their target playerbase.

>also use wine you fucking idiots
League runs like shit with wine or so I've heard, plus I have a shit computer and I know it won't handle wine's overhead anyway. (it can barely run LoL with discord on the background as it is)

>no "how do I screenshot" tab
>no reddit / 9gag / lemonparty bookmarks
>no toolbars
Come on user, put some effort into it.

You are a brainlet of the highest degree.

Install staging 3.12 and ascend into the light.
Wine is literally the perfect solution, offering actually portable windows software in a reasonable package size and now that we have DXVK it's absolutely god tier.

The code base is clean C through and through and the wine devs are building it to last.

Attached: 1521548310382.jpg (500x375, 62K)

So do I install DXVK manually or does it come with Wine?
t. brainlet