Malware Found On The Arch User Repository (AUR)

Well?

linuxuprising.com/2018/07/malware-found-on-arch-user-repository.html

Attached: archlinux-logo-dark.png (600x199, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxuprising.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>more crypto shit
Same thing happened with snap apps a couple months back too. Least they took action on it.

(USER REPOSITORY)

No shit? The AUR is full of random crap tossed in by users. It's not curated

arch is garbage for boomers

Not like Arch users have anything to really lose. Can't really ruin the life of a basement dweller.

Malware is a subjective term. What if I want to use my computer to mine crypto for Russian skiddies?

And this is why I refuse to use Arch Linux. At least Ubuntu's repository is properly vetted at the cost of being much smaller.

Stop using dead memes, boomer

Gentoo's github got hacked
Arch Linux got hacked

DEBIAN MASTERRACE

Attached: lolol.png (500x2000, 270K)

It's literally the same faggot if you read the article. He didn't even use a different username. If Ubuntu users noticed I don't know why he thinks arch useres wouldn't. What a fucking retard.

>yfw debian next
>mfw you know who is doing all these attacks because you have a rootkit keylogger embedded in their system core :^)

The AUR isn't maintained by the arch team . These packages are maintained by users dumbass. Nothing was "hacked". The arch repos are malware free. This is what you expect from a fucktard that considered Debian useable let alone the best distro out there.

it's not fair to compare aur which is an unofficial repo with ubuntus official one. the bun equivalent would be ppas which are just as insecure

>the creator killed himself
>debian was named after his ex
more like
DEBIAN KEKRACE

>debian was named after his ex
Huh, so that's why people pronounce it that way. I just assumed it was some pretentious nerd thing.

>aur
>using aur
>not using only official repositories

Yeah, the story here is "people run code that some stranger hands them over the internet without checking anything out, get malware".

idk man, maybe don't install random AUR packages like "free-russian-malware" its as secure as any windows applications

Challenge accepted.

>Well?
well what ? no one in the real world cares
because no one uses community repos (or arch) except the basement dwelling neckbeards of Jow Forums

Mal AUR is like getting a PPA and being surprised that it's laced with malware.

Yeah? That's why you always check the files yourself, especially if they come from the AUR

>no one is checking this fucking get

Attached: 1402593364.90767145.jpg (816x816, 133K)

I think it's gentoo installing time

>linuxuprising.com/
which one of you did this

except it's not even equal to ppas because they are binaries
aur is just scripts

you mean cuckrace

you pronounce it DIBian? and think others are wrong?

Jow Forums uses menjaro and mint

newfag

IMPReSSIVE

I can't imagine anyone unironically using Abloatee Reader not being retarded. For those of you who didn't read the article, it was the AUR package for Adobe Reader.

damn son where'd you find this?

>reported
>removed
>Jow Forums spergs
>a Jow Forums sperg writes for linuxuprising.com
well what? tell me when your irrelevant gossip website finds something on their own before the maintainers

>AUR
im not an arch user but you get what you deserve for trusting random users

>this kills the autistic manchild who does nothing but "" rice "" his desktop

Pretty much this. Sad that OP had to completely "forget" to mention any of this in the thread and even sadder that faggot kiddos instantly start tripping over each other to start "distro war" shitposting without any critical thinking or research at all. The absolute state of kids, I guess.

Attached: 1521188786856.png (512x512, 51K)