I'm seriously thinking about blocking javashit and cookies in my browser

I'm seriously thinking about blocking javashit and cookies in my browser.

Will the web be usable after this? I just want to be able to watch videos -even if I have to manually download them with a browser extension- and read text on the web avoiding any botnet.

Would that be possible?

Attached: noscript-header.jpg (650x300, 227K)

>she doesnt block all js using a whitelist and stream with mpv + ytdl
wew

Only allow first party cookies.
There will not be any problems.
Only site i ever recall requiring 3rd party cookies was hotmail.com.

Been using like this for years.

Pic not related...

Attached: ns-4-un.png (806x326, 48K)

downloaded it last week. it's annoying as fuck since you have to white list a lot of shit on sites you use regularly. it's kind of pointless unless you're going to shady places

>Will the web be usable after this?
No. Most websites use javascript, even for little things. Hooktube uses javascript. How the heck do you expect your extensions to work if they didn't use JavaScript. I used to use noscript and I stopped using it because it was too much of a pain in the ass. The argument can be made that it is the only way to browse some parts of the web but some parts of the web really don't deserve the effort. Blocking cookies in your browser actually does not help. Neither does Do Not Track.

the web runs on javascript, clear on exit cookies are a good idea though and make sure your browser isn;t easily fingerprinted

You need this (or something similar) too.

Attached: ABP.png (420x170, 11K)

this is all you need op. learn to use them

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180710001239.png (239x587, 47K)

This desu. I have all my sites saved and I'll always be safe when going to new sites for the first time. Many sites still function fine with little js enabled, and sites load faster and your browser will use a lot less resources.

Attached: uO.png (1081x884, 108K)

>SHE
Women don't exist.

>1999+19
>still using ABP
haha faggot

With NS (and similar) it pays off to have some knowledge about how websight are generally built.

Most big media web pages are so comically broken as to be funny.
Give up on ever reading a 'mainstream' news source ever again.

Nothing like that right click to see if you can find what you need to allow only to get more than a page of crap trying to run scripts.

Whats a site worth using? The news sites I've used worked fine with little or no js since its just text you want.

nothing is worth using. every website is js ridden. just do this

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180710003521.png (492x412, 33K)

I block everything anyways. But I could still browse fine without allowing anything. I allowed cnn.com (1 click) and it's subdomains to make the page look nicer though.

Attached: 2018-07-09 23-42-38.webm (1320x700, 2.88M)

it just werks

>Hooktube uses javascript
Hooktube is a pile of shit that doesn't serve any purpose since it's still serving the video directly from Google's servers.

Attached: 1517591966684.png (441x238, 31K)

You don't need to allow js when streaming to a media player genius. And most sites don't require every script to run. Most only require 1 or 2 out many that execute. It takes seconds to save your settings once. Its also very smart to block js when visiting new sites, then when you know it is safe allow what is needed and save your settings.

>mpv+ytdl
how are you doing it? i was forced to rewrite chrome extension because that shit was not usable

I use a RSS reader for the YouTube channels I follow. I can open them with VLC and watch them there. In fact copy-paste the video address into VLC usually works for everything.
I've tried using the web without JavaScript. And it does limit you quite a bit depending upon your usage.

We are all girls here, even you :3
Just accept yourself, anonnette-chan.