/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Read → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Programming questions?
>Smartphone purchasing advice?
>Windows questions?
Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
pastebin.com/1PcnaQS5

Old thread

Attached: 30.jpg (1280x1801, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.ejie.me/),
superuser.com/questions/81563/whats-a-good-solution-for-file-tagging-in-linux
sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9877.html
helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html
theregister.co.uk/2014/10/14/assange_bollocks_google_eff/
slickdeals.net/f/11779975-dell-inspiron-13-7375-2-in1-laptop-ryzen-5-2500u-13-3-1080p-ips-touchscreen-8gb-ddr4-256gb-ssd-vega-8-type-c-win-10-549-99-w-edu-coupon-more-free-shipping-best-buy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>avatarfagging the OPs

Attached: 1509008428536.jpg (666x500, 57K)

Reposting my question again, and no, I'm not going to install more shit into my phone.

Fedora 27 with KDE Plasma.
I'm trying to transfer some files from my phone to my laptop but somehow, the laptop can't receive the files. As I understand, if a mobile device sends a request to send some files, there should be some sort of pop-up asking me if I want to receive the files. As it stands, this pop-up isn't appearing and my phone just says that the transfer failed. Any fix to this?

Is it possible to have 2 Firefox running at the same time but one online and the other offline?

This is what incompetence for the sake of controlling a board looks like.

Attached: Untitled.png (582x342, 69K)

I'm considering picking up one of these a few weeks from now, are they worth it? I have a lot of shit i'm looking at backing up and I plan on downloading a lot more like full series and disc images while maybe using one of my old HDDs exclusively for Steam installs.

Could I do better for the price? I've been recommended an 8TB Seagate drive but i'm not sure how trustworthy they are in 2018. I need at least 6TB minimum.

Attached: 22-235-281-V01.jpg (640x480, 21K)

Its no different then gnufags that post stallman all over the board for no reason.

That's literally not comparable at all. Are you illiterate? You're probably the guy doing this and this is your "defense" for it on some Schrodinger's "I didn't say I'm not him" bullshit. Stop posting any time.

>That's literally not comparable at all
How is some guy posting the same work of an artist as the image any different then gnufags spreading stallmans picture literally all over the fucking board?
>Are you illiterate?
Overreacting on the internet?
Wow, thats some random garbage if i've ever seen it in a response to any reply. You're so off base you cant even see how stupid you look.

is that way > do make sure you bring your tendies before mommy goes to work

There isn't another way to make Cortana use Firefox+Google than installing EdgeDeflector+Bing2Google?

4chanX keeps resetting its settings whenever I open a new tab and it's really annoying since I have to disable the old captcha in order to post. Anyone know how to fix this?

Pic related

Attached: 4chan X keeps showing this.png (1366x768, 176K)

How can I see al the shit i've downloaded via torrent? I know about that page called "Iknowwhatyoudownload" but it just keeps records of some files and not for so long. I'd like to see what a copyright troll or law enforcement could find if they were to look for someone to caught

Attached: 1530901947462.png (442x458, 207K)

Our update server is fucked at work today, so a question: What time are Patch Tuesday updates for Windows available? I figure it goes on PST, but I heard that's around 10am for SCCM folks. I have to work from home to get them up and running, so it'd be nice to know.

I managed to do it on Linux.
I used a specific user for "nointernet" and then used iptables to block all traffic for that user.
Then I just run one Firefox as normal and one for no internet

uTorrent has a folder somewhere that it stores the torrent files.

shit user that's pretty smart, It will do just fine thanks.

Jow Forumsuys I have a huge problem with my nexus 6p.when I tried to factory reset it, something went wrong and I unfortunately deleted the Mac address and ip address ( or it might have happened due to some bug in 8.0.1).WiFi and Bluetooth are not working and also they are not even switching on.I tried rooting it and installing Mac id changer to atleast assign some sort of Mac id.but its not working.is there any way I could restore the Mac ID and ip address?
And also I have tried to install some custom ROMs but its struck in the bootloop hence I had to roll back to stock os.
Please help in restoring to its origional state and I promise I would never fuck with it.
So far this happend to so many people on internet and no one seem to have a solution.
If you guys have links to any sources or any kind of instructions please help I will be forever in you debt.
Can I install some other kernel on it without any damage to the device.all I want is a working device.

Attached: 1F09229669D340ABA36264A3C6C81FA5.jpg (1015x899, 303K)

i dont use utorrent

Other programs have a similar setup. Check your configuration

IP address is dynamically supplied when you connect. MAC address is unavailable until you enable WiFi. You might just have messed up the radio partition. Download the image from Google Nexus images and find radio.img and flash it using Nexus root toolkit

Also if you want total stock there's a flash to stock button on wugfresh's Nexus root toolkit which should sort you out

Already done bro,no use. if any alternative please let me know.

They're good.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1514158352505.jpg (300x357, 13K)

Switching from Greasemonkey to Violentmonkey seems to have helped.

This. If you use Firefox Quantum, Greasemonkey seems to be fucked up. Had to Switch to Violentmonkey when the browser was first updated; looks like GM still didn't fix anything.

I'm trying to acess a website that doesn't have a https version and https everywhere don't let me in. Is there any way to disable it just for this specific website?

Need a good, affordable and reliable webcam. Please post some suggestions please...

Just turn it off while using that one site, then turn it back on when you're done.

can I symlink between internal storage and sdcard on my phone if both partitions are ext4?

thunderstorm last night blew up my old router, looking for a decent replacement. i have about two dozen things that connect to my network as well as a large shared drive that was plugged to the router (thankfully didn't die).

looking at RT-ACRH17 and R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 as both are about $90 but i can go up to $150. Are either of these good choices for current year or would something else be better?

At Best buy (sue me, closest electronic store near me). I'm looking at UPS's. Is APC a viable brand? I want something for my server since I had a power outage not long ago. Last thing I need is 22TB of corrupted data because my arrays were backing up.

Where I can download LASTEST, CLEAN AND SAFE windows xp .isos my piece of shit pc can't even handle windows 7

if your pc can't handle windows 7, you'll be better off saving up one or two hundred bucks and heading to thinkpad general.

>trying to open .bat file
>windows says it can't find the fucking file I'm literally fucking double clicking on
The fuck is this shit?

Yes

I know some file formats have tags as part of their metadata, but it's shiiiiiiiit because it alters the file itself. At the same time, there are utilities that allow you to tag any files because all that information is kept by the utility itself, but it's stil shiiiiiiiiiiiit because you can only search for tags using the utility instead of reglar file search, making it useless for, say, finding a file you want to upload to a Sinhalese papier-mache symposium.

I figure Wangblows just doesn't allow for a third party's parameters to be used in it search engine because Wangblows, but I just found out this utility called Clover (en.ejie.me/), which alters Windows Explorer in a level I didn't think possible.

So I figure, maybe universal, Explorer-searchable tags are possible. Anyone familiar with a software that can do that? Or maybe know if such a thing is possible or impossible?

Attached: cb7.png (1798x1225, 976K)

I made a thread yesterday about this but my Mac Pro is having an issue where it will run for some random interval of time (sometimes ten minutes sometimes hours) and then the display will freeze and not respond to any of my inputs.

I’ve already changed the OS, GPU, RAM, Clock battery, so I’ve narrowed it down to the motherboard, CPU's, or hard drives, can Jow Forums tell me what it is?

>pic related

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.34M)

Grasping here, but perhaps the bat file is referencing another file that's not being found?

Is she looking at the linux penis?

>Using botnetmonkey
You brought it upon yourself.

why even respond to winniggers that cant even give proper error messages.

kill them all is what i say. rip them out, root and stem, leave none alive

Attached: One over z cubed plus one.jpg (1871x1898, 399K)

>t. linuxcuck who is too elitist to help senpai

some thoughts on this: how does the software track file movements within, as well as across filesystems?

superuser.com/questions/81563/whats-a-good-solution-for-file-tagging-in-linux

what's with the weird colors
fixed it

Attached: what.jpg (1280x1801, 466K)

Hi, please change 'Linux' to 'GNU/Linux'. Thank you.

fuck you, that is all

Yes

That's pretty lewd

Go post the same thing in /fglt/ faggot.
You won't.

is privacy badger necessary (does it increase online privacy) when you're already using https everywhere, umatrix and ublock origin?

Ok. I need a good laptop that has:
-1080p screen at least, I dont care for 4k
-Isnt too thin
-processor isnt shit
-used for mostly work and light video games(source engine)
My T420 isnt cutting it no more

Attached: Antony_FizzAAAAADDD!.jpg (400x385, 49K)

i use the logitech c270 and it hasn't failed me yet

since you didn't mention your budget i am going to suggest this one
sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9877.html

What's the best way to mass downscale images? Preferably while maintaining quality. My goal is to downscale comics and manga for my tablet.

It's interesting, but now obsolete. I mean, "asked 8 years, 7 months ago" after all. NTFS makes it dead easy to track files, folders and alterations made to them. I think the guy who made Everything search engine was the first smart cookie to realize this. But Linux has fewer utilities with this feture, obviously. I found NTFS-Search and DawnLight, maybe FSearch but it seems not.

I'm getting a lot of screen tearing when playing games and watching videos. I already turned on V-Sync on the Nvidia panel yet still see a few tears when there is fast movement onscreen.

What else can I do? I'm on a GTX1070 laptop version.

Attached: tear.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

Get a bigger SD card

helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html

this maybe?

Open irfanview
file > batch conversion
select all files and press Add
On the left select the output format (jpg), then "use advanced options"
click advanced
check "RESIZE"
Set new size: > Set one or both sides to: [enter your preferred width or height here]
press ok, select saving folder, press start batch
takes like a second for hundreds of images

Attached: ss (2018-07-10 at 17.47.54).png (773x520, 66K)

Thats a fucking giggle I had right there. All that stuff belongs in a desktop not a laptop. My budget yes would be around 500-750 canadian bucks

Attached: Wayne_Rogers_Trapper_John_MASH_1972.jpg (721x948, 116K)

select these too if you're gonna resize

Attached: ss (2018-07-10 at 17.51.41).png (252x164, 6K)

If I create a gmail account on my home pc and then create a facebook and a twitter account from it, how hard is it to find out who I am?

I don't need to have it bullet proof, it's not anything illegal, just a pen name I want to create to post some stories and I don't want to be immediately easy for anyone to find out who I am. Do you think just having a good password is good enough for what I want to do? Otherwise, what do you suggest?

You should be fine, just don't use any names that can be traced back to you.

>all this tinfoil
Just don't use your real name in any of them, moron

Not necessarily stupid, but doesn't deserve it's own thread.
I'm looking for a teamviewer type program for linux, anything I should consider other than, well teamviewer?

Attached: 1363530656425.jpg (464x266, 49K)

I've been out of a job since I left undergrad a year ago. I've interviewed at a few places, but I can't even seem to find a junior dev job anywhere, despite having a 1.5 year internship. Am I just totally fucked at this point? I don't have the experience for a mid level position, but entry level always wants someone fresh out of school, and I've kind of grown out of being able to use that. What other options do I have besides grad school? Interviewers always ask about what side projects I've been working on, but I don't have any.

It's just a filter that shows what Rustle sees nowadays.

Heh, thanks bros. I'm awfully paranoid about all this.

Too soon.

Honestly, I'm not sure even their devs know if one of them makes the other redundant.

However, Privacy Badger is an EFF project, which rules it out in my book. I first realized they have been compromised when they supported certain professional victims which shall not be named who went to the UN to ask for more internet censorship. I just googled again about Badger and what do you know, it doesn't block Google Analytics. Yeah, nothing suspicious there, no sir. Oh by the way did you know Google funds EFF? What a coinkydinky.
theregister.co.uk/2014/10/14/assange_bollocks_google_eff/

Attached: 122.jpg (600x430, 96K)

What's with the extra paste?

My List All Tabs button (the one that appears when you open more than 20 or so tabs) isn't working anymore in Firefox. I click it and nothing happens. Anyone else got this? 62.0b7 been like this for a few weeks

Work on side projects. Do fucking anything. You don't even have to complete anything. At the very minimum it should raise some talking points you can elaborate on: what you're interested in; what technologies you used.

Why are you even asking us this. The interviewers have already given you the answer.

user in the previous thread asked for it to be added. It's the magnet for MStoolkit

Is there any way I can verify that every SSH connection is unique through pam_exec?

We have 2 IP aliases that users will connect to to access either "pod" connected to the console manager (each pod contains 8 devices, I work in a networking lab at a school lol). We have a script running through pam_exec that will change the IP route to the RADIUS server depending on which IP alias they connect to (ie. if they connect to the Pod1 IP alias, the route is modified so that all auth requests sent to the RADIUS server are sent from the IP alias, not the device's actual IP address).

The script is a simple if statement that checks via netstat if the user's IP and name (checked with $PAM_USER) exists in the netstat table. So, if they connect at x.x.x.1 (Pod1), the script will then temporarily assign an IP route to the RADIUS server with x.x.x.1 so that the RADIUS server will receive a request from a specific IP address and know what pod access group to assign the user to based on their IP.

We run into an issue though when an individual user wants to connect to another pod, namely the second one in the same rack. If they attempt to connect at x.x.x.2, their outbound IP address is set to x.x.x.1 instead. I know why this is happening, it's because the script checks if the IP address with the authenticating user exists in netstat, but because the user has already gotten an established connection with x.x.x.1, it will keep setting the outbound IP route to x.x.x.1.

Is there a way for me to make it so that there's another check that will prevent this from happening? I've been trying to find a way for pam_exec to retrieve a port number or PID but it's not really working ($$ doesn't work because it just retrieves the PID of the script running through pam_exec, I can't retrieve $SSH_CONNECTION or $SSH_CLIENT).

FYI we're extremely limited with what we can do because we're using an Opengear CM71xx running uClinux with a romfs. I'm able to add shit on the device with the CDK, tho.

>light video games
We talking e-sports light? If you can get away with iGPU that improves price and battery life considerably. Also recommend SSD, and IPS if your budget isn't too tight.

>he fell for the Quantum meme

help please

nvm I figured it out like 2 seconds after posting this, just need to use $PPID to get the PID of the SSH process and compare it against netstat.

I need a webcam but have no idea what to get and features.

Attached: 616DU9v1MuL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 84K)

whatcha gonna be using it for?

I might try some game streaming. Just have it on while playing, no big plans to start a channel.
Just want to try it myself.

How do I figure out my laptop's specs?

then pretty much any cam with decent image quality will work, though autofocus and face tracking are nice features to have if you move around a fair bit

You can use the built-in "dxdiag" or download the superior "speccy". Speccy gives a more detailed output than dxdiag.

just be aware that speccy is a bit notorious for misreading temp sensors

What about removing the background or experimental things like FaceRig ?
Are those taking care of by the applications?

I have a clip mic. Should the cam have mics too?

I asked this 3 days ago, but anyway, to reply to the guy who answered: well damn, the bootloader isn't in any part of the HD, it's in a chip on the motherboard, right? That explains how Win10 could keep hanting my PC despite all my partition-wrangling. Thanks for the explanation, m8. Also, yeah I was still able to boot in Win7 fortunately, just had to press F9 during the boot BSoD, so it was an inconvenience rather than a hair-tearing mess. Regardless, I appreciate the information.

Attached: dma-130.jpg (550x585, 46K)

Quite aware, had it say that my mobo temp was 111 C, lol. Reads everything else fine, only have issues with mobo temp.

slickdeals.net/f/11779975-dell-inspiron-13-7375-2-in1-laptop-ryzen-5-2500u-13-3-1080p-ips-touchscreen-8gb-ddr4-256gb-ssd-vega-8-type-c-win-10-549-99-w-edu-coupon-more-free-shipping-best-buy

I believe background removal and facerig are taken care of or should be by your streaming program. if you move around a lot a clip mic will pic up "static" type noise everytime you move and if you're gaming, you've probably got a headset mic for teamspeak or something? but many if not all webcams these days have a mic built in

Jow Forums-x questions
Is there a way to add new menus in the post drop down menu? Fixed sauce links recently but now they're longer than most posts that don't need look-up. I'm guessing fiddling with the CSS won't be enough?

I also want to add an option to file upload which can toggle scrambling the filename. I'm probably going to need to dig through the code for this too aren't I?

Ehhh, could be a lot of things. Faulty ram would cause this. If you've got multiple sticks try taking one out at a time. I also get this behavior when I try to overclock anything too high. You could try underclocking things if that's an option. If you don't think it's hardware then I would boot from a linix usb for a couple hours to be sure

also, my windows.old folder is still there. would it help if i delete it?

I have 2 and have had no issues to date.

>mfw I'm still here
No, the bootloader is some shit written in one of the small partitions. It pulls up the rest of whatever OS you choose. When you install multiple copies of windows, they share a single partition/bootloader. You can fix your shit pretty easy. Just install easyBCD, put the boot on your main windows 7 partition, then you can delete all the little ones. Only way it would ever matter is if you wanted bitlocker for some reason.

if you've got a windows old folder then you did some sort of upgrade thing instead of a fresh install. also where'd you get your copy of ltsb? to get any untouched iso check out the mydigitallife forums

Really need an updated, cleaned, non botnet windows 7 .iso, where I can find it