Kids these days will never know what dial-up feels like

>kids these days will never know what dial-up feels like
>they don't know what dos is
REEEEEEEEEE, WHY IS THE YOUTH SO FUCKING STUPID.

Attached: 1506097350432.png (400x416, 137K)

fuck off boomer cancer

you kids will never know the days before computers were in every home.

>they will never need to know about obsolete trash
>this is somehow a bad thing

Dumb boomer

>that 17 year old zoomer that will never know the feeling of sharing dangerous dave with your friends on a floppy disk

Dial-up built character. It taught one how to be patient, and how to withstand repetitive noises. This was back in 1998
Nowadays, everything is small, light and silent. That's why kids are so damn sensitive and don't appreciate HARD WORK. They got it way too easy...

Attached: 1507726602389.png (728x672, 110K)

FUCK OFF AND GO MOW YOUR LAWN YOU 30 YEAR OLD BOOMER PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>dangerous dave

fuck that brings me back

they just don't make em like they used to I tell you what

Attached: 1530433182671.png (716x537, 544K)

everybody knows what denial of service is you zoomer

is the boomer shit just spammed for newfags and underages to feel good about themselves

>kids these days will never know what communism feels like
>they don't know who Lenin is
REEEEEEEEEE, WHY IS THE YOUTH SO FUCKING STUPID.

Attached: eastern european boomer.png (640x274, 124K)

It's 3 folded irony, basically just the latest silly meme "insult" after s᠋o᠋y᠋boy and brainlet have become stale

>>kids these days will never know what dial-up feels like
Nor do I want to.
>>they don't know what dos is
I use FreeDOS daily for old MS-DOS games and running OpenGEM.

t. 18 year old

Nobody cares fag

> what dial-up feels like
It's an useless experience. Did you ever bother to learn the subsequent, just as retarded ISDN behemoth standard? No. Same thing. Drop and forget that old trash.

> they don't know what dos is
Also useless. Linux is orders of magnitude better.

Sure, vast majority won't know anything but Android on the most basic level, but the clever kids are obviously better off using Linux than fucking dealing with crap like DOS's memory management with XMS and lowmem and crap like that.

Kids today have never run Unix; yet they gush over a shitty clone of it.

>It's an useless experience.
PPP is still used today in many applications.

I'm 24 years old and still don't know what dos(technology) exactly is

DOSBOX and FREEDOS exist for them learnings

Why would they need to know

I actually had dual ISDN lines.
Oh my god 128kbps was so fucking fast.

I could download NINTEND GAMES IN ONLY A FEW MINUTES HOLY SHIT!!!

Lots of shit queued in getright !

My aunt still had dial up and AOL until 2010

Fuck yeah NESticle!

Dual ISDN would be 128kx2.
BRI ISDN came standard with two 64k b channels for data and one for signals.

Pretty sure I used that to get my roms.

Back in the day when every single Instance of Windows with a LAMP stack was serving 0 day because lol what is security.

It was one downstream and one upstream so you could still only download 128kbps I don't think it was multiplexed.

>It was one downstream and one upstream
No it wasn't ISDN then, that's not how it works.

If you're born after 1995 kys

It was, but I may have only been using one of the lines. We had a weird setup because we also had 4 phone lines and ran a small dialup ISP.

I didn't set it up so I honestly can't tell you much more.

And most of the standards used now came out around the late dial-up (V.92 - ish IIRC) age or after.

We also had 128k eventually. Well, it was much faster than the 2400 baud that I started with, but downloading files from US hosts and such wasn't exactly reliable still. So many corrupt files to redownload...

>And most of the standards used now came out around the late dial-up
so?

So fuck dial-up for learning the current standards, because many of them came out later?

>wanting bad people to be remembered by most
They should be forgotten by anyone who isn't a historian, but then documented for people to be able to find out about them if their name comes up.

>came out during dialup
>came out later
Fuck do you even think about what you type?

both are shit

> came out around the late dial-up (V.92 - ish IIRC) age or after
This means some bits are still basically the same *if* you use a near-the-end-of-the-dialup-era dial-up modem and other things are just completely different.

Ergo you better just don't ever look at dialup and simply learn what's actually used now if you care.

>dial-up
I still remember that funny noise you got in the telephone when someone used the internet hahah epic

>look at the PPPoE standard instead of the PPP standard.
Yeah, they don't use the PPPoE nor PPPoA standard for shit like cellular PPP links.
So congrats on outing yourself for being a moron.

go to bed grandpa
your time is up, we will take over

Kids these days will never know what it was like to access an internet where people created websites for fun not profit.

>mr. fun brain is gone forever
no more recess time...

Attached: 1517865642199.jpg (250x250, 12K)

And it's failing, since some people are taking it as a compliment

Good cli was fucked and guis where a thing since the Xerox alto

Blame Apple and others that dumb down everything to make it easier for kiddies and tards to get started. If it weren't for that, today's youth would be a lot smarter when using technology. It's a shame that Linux doesn't have as big a market share in the consumer area. That'll teach em

A 30 year old is actually not a boomer but a millenial though

>Blame Apple
>blame a company based on UNIX
yeah, no.

It's a meme based on the fact that some millenials are behaving like the boomers they hate so much.

>gui and multi desktop workspace gui
>dumber then a single cli
Are you fucked in the head old man?
This
Windows royally fucked up when they went full gui they had to add power shell

Attached: 1504073951057.jpg (228x211, 7K)

Dos was a crappy operating system and dialup is a pain.
Would like smaller and lighter webpages though.

Wouldn't matter dumb idiots would find a way to bloat it somehow and ruin the user experience

Attached: HesRight.jpg (1024x768, 160K)

>Back in the day
>stack

Found the newfag.

I fuckin had to explain what /../ means for the collegues.

Attached: 1511612106412.gif (680x435, 135K)

>>>they don't know what dos is
>I use FreeDOS daily for old MS-DOS games and running OpenGEM.
I'd recommend GEOS over GEM, but sure, I like your setup. How stable and feature-complete is FreeDOS compared to MS DOS? Have you ever had a program refuse to load (even once you've moved around upper memory, etc etc).

so is the one sleeping supposed to be a younger person like 15 or is it supposed to be another 30 year old that isnt acting like a boomer?

I'm seeing it as a dad trying to be cool on a saturday morning while his son tries to sleep.
Boomer is pejorative term for someone in his 30's that still browses Jow Forums.

lol here in Russia we jumped straight to internet through LAN. When you had dial-up we did not even have computers.

Straya here we are stuck on fucking fiber over copper wireless and shit 1gbitps speeds Max hundreds of aud a month please nuke us

Attached: 1499592504277.png (532x431, 13K)

>itt reddit
pathetic

in my east eu shithole I remember having shady isp provider in a leather jacket. His is provided internet and lan to whole commieBlock street. Even having Ftp server, they even had cs 1.6, starcraft and heroes

>How stable and feature-complete is FreeDOS compared to MS DOS?
It's fine for my use cases. I never run it for more than a few hours at a time though. I haven't used MS-DOS a whole lot, but from what I've seen it's just as good, if not better. The only problem with it is that it can't do proper memory management in VirtualBox on Linux. The installer won't even boot. However, it works fine on Core2 hardware like my old ThinkPad T60.

>Have you ever had a program refuse to load
Nope. It seems to be fully compatible with everything I've tried on it.

T. Facebook grouper
Comfy
Used to have wireless 3g similar to that

dude you phone plays polyphonic music ?

Mono because I'm poor laughing out loud and clear

>trying to be cool
>trying
i'd say he's succeeding

Actually based
I'd be a good daddo
All the beatings with none of the bruises
Hit your kids just hard enough for it to hurt but not hard enough for psychological damage

Attached: 1530630879678.gif (200x182, 1.45M)

The winners are always seen as the good guys afterwards.

Yeah Hitler was such a baddie hahaha

>people shouldn't learn about bad shit done by someone unless they exclusively search for information regarding that person

Attached: 1529083933305.jpg (498x330, 55K)

Leftypol is leaking even normies know about chans now mate I fully expect to deal with redditors irl and on here constantly

Even though they're all millennials, there's a clear cultural gap between 15 year olds and 30 year olds. Heck, I'm dating a 24 year old girl and I'm 30, and there is a big culture gap (never saw lord of the Rings, the matrix, star wars prequels)

I've talked to 16 year olds with more gen x cultural awareness then most 30 year olds so that limited ass logic does not float

That's how millenials voted in Bernie Sanders to begin with, you oblivious retard.

18 here, freedos is a thing and I had dial up until 2012.

Did we just go full circle and are now using the "lol us 90s kids" meme?

>kids these days will never know what dial-up feels like
>they don't know what dos is

Good.

18yo here, I used dial-up twice this year. I used dial-up last week in fact. I was in the middle of nowhere in scotland for holidays and there was not cell coverage nor internet. The only thing I had was satellite TV and a land line phone. I had to send a really important email for college so I unplugged the phone from the line then connected the cable to my good ol x41. Then, I dialed into a BBS and used their email service to contact my college administration.

tl;dr dial-up saved my college year

Most will never know the joy of the days without activation bullshit and how programs and operating systems "just worked" without tons of shit tacked on or annoying UAC prompt every few minutes. Imagine just installing a retail copy of a game/os and input a simple CD key. That was all that was needed back in the day. No hacks,torrents required. An operating system was just that. Made to be used. No more, no less. Other words, no flashy shit. You boot up your computer, did whatever with no fuss/hassle and that was it.

Boomer detected.

>kids these days thinking wifi is the only way you can access the internet