Are ""gayming LEDs"" the worst thing to happen to tech?

Are ""gayming LEDs"" the worst thing to happen to tech?

Attached: animate_6.jpg (1920x1000, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12960/gskill-trident-royal-crystalline-dram-premium-gemstone-glamour
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No that's either windows or the birth of the iphone

Attached: 1531079331958.jpg (675x1200, 84K)

agreed

I don't understand why they are so popular. I only ever see people complaining about them and very rarely anyone actually praising them. So who buys them, in the end?

I just set mine to all white and use 2 high power RGB strips that use 4wires not standard 3 and the 4th rail is super bright so it just looks like a cold cathode from the 2000s.

I don't see a problem with them but they are over marketed the lights on the motherboards are super weak and don't light up the case at all.

I guess they sell because people think they will be bright enough to light up case and make it look like the cool case mods they see online when googling "powerful computer builds" or some thing. I doubt many people actually use the rainbow color and just set it to their fav color.

most people building PC are poor fucks who spend like 500$ so having some thing that seems to light every thing up for free seems valuable and good.

RGB isn't shit its just underpowered and not necessary and rarely used in cool ways if it was actually super powerful and bright it would be useful but instead its cheap and crap.

only cool RGB thing ive seen is thous graphics cards with the RGB mirror chamber so it looks like you can see into infinity inside the side of the card.

they should focus on doing more optical effects like that. I don't mind motherboard companies doing random superficial shit because at the end of the day there is only 1 optimal OC and non OC motherboard for each generation and its not hard to work out which that is.

They're fun, man.

I would have loved them on the NES, Genesis, Super Nintendo, Playstation back when I was 5-12 when I loved shiny stuff and colourful stuff. But I'm a full grown motherfucking man. If If I want beautiful stuff at this age I'll just build and grow a garden.

gardens are unnecessary superficial marketing.

Then go grow a garden you geriatric fuck.

>beautiful stuff
A disco computer isn't beautiful. It's a neon sign that reads "permanent virgin". It's the computer version of bolting a fin on your Civic.

I fucking despise gaymer ""culture""
DOMINAYT WIT NEW XRAPTORX DOMINAYYTOR KILLER BALLISTIK *insert edgy word that 12 year old thinks is cool*x3 16 BAJILION COLOR RGB RAM, NOW WIT SICK GRILLZ N FANGZ N THE EDGIEST LOOK TO DATE

alienware started it

Definitely

i don't get why you autists sperg out when most of the time you can disable the LEDs

>Despite virtually everything in the consumer world being unnecessarily stuffed to the gills with RGB LEDs, they seem to sell like hotcakes. I was told earlier this year by one company that when they added RGBs to their most popular product, it outsold the non-RGB version 6:1 in the following six months.
>anandtech.com/show/12960/gskill-trident-royal-crystalline-dram-premium-gemstone-glamour

>buy a decent mouse
>its got glowing LEDs and some 'epic gayming pattern" on it

Are heatspreaders for RAM ever actually useful, or are they only for """aesthetics"""?

idk man rgb ram was only like 15$ more than the regular one and the only decent x470 mobo i could find was rgb so I got those.
I can just turn it off if it gets annoying

Don't buy it then

If you don't like the lights you could always turn it off.

I'm actually glad everyone's on board with RGB now, used to be annoying as fuck not being able to buy shit in the colors you want and no LED was not an option.

>gpu lights up green
>soundcard lights up red
>mouse is blue
>keyboard is red

>>RGB ALL THE THINGS
>>all my things are now red

they just seem to be very available, if I go to a hardware store where I live and look at PC parts, 80% is marketed for gaming with leds and all

Nooe that would be mining dram cartels and Apple

Attached: images-02-03-03.jpg (267x273, 30K)

You wanna know how I know you're a tryhard newfag? I know you're a newfag because you don't remember the ocular cancer that was mid 2000's PCs. Blinding, harsh cathodes out the ass in cases that were chinked out to the nines and looked like robots.

Attached: 11-164-040-35.jpg (640x480, 9K)

blue LEDs are still a cancer to everyone
>random chinkshit tech?
>9000 lumen blue light