The current state of the web

It sucks ass, is bloated, unresponsive, resource hog, and cluttered.

Will this ever fucking end?

Attached: 1521165880835.png (525x550, 27K)

never
and its going to get worse

Wtf is gravatar? I see it often.

>he doesn't know
a system for users to have an avatar associated with their email address, so you have it in every site you leave a comment (using the same email address)

Centralized avatars. For whatever fucking reason.

more like surveillatar, amirite.

It sounds fucking useless to me.

No fucking shit Sherlock

its botnet.

>Femanon
kys namefag

complain to the webmaster

(((webmasters)))

might as well complain to all webmasters in existence then, which is impossible.

Is there a list of "good" sites somewhere?
I'm searching for a not bloated news site.

Almost as useless as namfagging on an anonymous imageboard.

>and its going to get worse
How could it get any worse than it already is?

Use RSS
Or stop reading (((news)))

closed source webpages (WASM) with ads from first party

Use a self hosted, encrypted, and aggregated RSS server and run it in background.

soon sites will have their contented encrypted, and you'll need to get the decryption keys from (multiple) ad servers.

thanks for the idea user, we'll get back to you

There are STILL sites in 2018 that don't have any form of SSL at all, and some even with will outright refuse to work at all if it sees your're blocking the non-SSL 3rd-party content

Attached: 343733737.png (351x195, 6K)

>go to site featuring free video
>want to make 1 screenshot of the video because something funny on screen
>realize video has DRM and screenshotting doesn't show the actual video...

what? how does this work

>visit some clickbait/news/social site
>page is blank as always
>click NoScript tab
>50+ entries
>as always

Web 3.0 is like some faggy arms race.

Attached: captcha.png (293x81, 4K)

noooooo!

Attached: slight_shock_and_dismay.png (538x289, 300K)

>what? how does this work
Probably Firefox DRM player

yeah but I meant how can they stop you from taking a screenshot, technically. Its just a bitmap of the pixels currently on the screen.

Firefox's frame buffer is owned by itself I guess. I want OP to explain it though because im talking conjecture.

It depends on how he was screenshotting as well. He might have been using the browser's screenshot.

>using the browser's screenshot.
yeah thats what I thought, I doubt theres a way to prevent system screenshot from displaying it without introducing a rootkit

>"I dont understand how Jow Forums or entire internet pay costs, electricity bills, hosting."

I stopped using umatrix yesterday since it broke Google captcha for me, it wasn't working here or in any other website. Also some video loading was broken here. Is there a replacement for it that won't break captcha?

>stopped using umatrix yesterday since it broke Google captcha for me
it says it right on their page, *for advanced users*. you clearly had no idea how to use it

check out nano defender. you can use it along side ublock origin.

DRM video content. same type of deal as HDCP. encrypted signal that can not be read by third party software.

>reading comprehension
hey retard, this is about the way websites are constructed, and not about ads or monetization.

>allowing images and css globally
don't do it, user

>have to fiddle with whitelisting individual types of data on individual servers every single time you visit a new website before you can fucking use it
fuck that

I bet you dont visit that many sites regularly, for those you just add some rules once and save them. And for pages you're just looking at once, I couldn't tell you how many times it looks better with css disabled, cuts out all the crap.

post your umatrix or ubo on twitch.tv
it's wild

>WEB 2.0
OH NO NONONONO

JAVASCRIPT WAS A MISTAKE

>bothering with whitelisting things and not just reading the text, i.e. the only actual content on the majority of webpages

the web died the moment people began focusing on "page layouts" instead of document semantics and now most devs today don't even understand the difference. it's only going to get worse from here.

Is it a side-effect of normies primarily using mobile devices to browse the web?