Do you guys still buy blu rays?

Do you guys still buy blu rays?

Attached: Blu-ray_Disc.png (2000x1073, 79K)

No I stream movies and use 1337x for torrenting anything else

Sure, I like to own fancy editions of my favorite films.

OBLIGATORY SELF BUMP

yer if some things hard to find or cant be bothering waiting afue months for torrent. got Enter The Void French edition this way. has English thou but with hardcoded French subs. but its still awesome to own stuff in massively high bit rates

>Do you guys still buy blu rays?
>still
>implying I ever did
I torrent all my movies, the (((copyright mafia))) have enough shekels already

I have maybe 15 blurays. I only get my favorite films on bluray. Not falling for the 4k ultra hd meme this time, though. I guess I now am a boomer because I used to wonder why people kept buying DVD even now.

I sold off most of mine. I only keep and or purchase limited releases or rare titles, that would be considered collectable. Mostly animated stuff. Homebrew blu rays are also a possibly.
>Bionic Six animated series
Never saw an official release so I bought a homebrew copy from ebay. Other than that, I download or stream everything. I did buy True Detective season 1 though. I had downloaded it, but it was so good, I wanted to support HBO.

>buying jewish propaganda

Attached: 1462207116394.png (714x810, 87K)

>paying dat jews for propaganda
good goy

Attached: 1517341937155.jpg (628x534, 75K)

>t. Stevie Wonder

Contribute or fuck off back to /b/

Cancer

Signature faggot

contribute to what?
you ARE the cancer

The topic of the bread moron

Rather than flaming outside of /b/ with forced memes

Some titles have only been released on DVD and have never had a blu ray release. In a way, DVD's are still relevant to purchase. Only rare and or collectible titles though.

yes

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1920x1080, 706K)

I have shitty Burgerland internet

Attached: nutsz.jpg (1229x1259, 122K)

Never bought even 1 bluray

I prefer HD DVD.

Yes, have 573 ripped to a NAS. Hit up your local pawn shops, I find them around $4 - $5 each, sometimes even less.

I have never bought a movie on BD. I don't even have a BD writer to write pirated content. BD came too late and at too high prices.

enjoy your lower bitrate and a lack of support and new releases

Attached: Capture.png (676x531, 26K)

Nope, like others have stated, I just torrent or stream anything that is worth watching. Most Hollywood stuff is just filth made to keep the masses ignorant and enslaved.

>HEVC
That's wrong.

>2016+2
>Buying physical media

Attached: 1531194340311.jpg (250x240, 12K)

Yup, I buy Bluray weeb shows and such now and then.

Yes

Enter the Void was amazing

what are some non-shit streaming sites

Yup, Just looks better than streaming, and let no autist tell you different. Until I can no longer tell the difference from streaming or never have a quality or buffering issue to pull me out of a movie I will prefer BRD.

no, i've never bought a bluray disc, nor have i ever owned a bluray player
i went straight from dvd to downloading off the internet (got broadband around when hddvd/bluray showed up)

just download remuxes ahead of time, solves both problems

Yes, for movies, shows, and back ups. I have a blu-ray drive in my computer and use BD-R, BD-R DL, BDXLs, and some M-discs since I got them for free, for long term back up.
I absolutely refuse to pay for digital distribution, but I do pirate a bunch of games and shows I never watch or play and put them on Blu-rays in case there is a happening and because backing up is more fun than playing any modern game since paid digital distribution has completely ruined gaming.

>still
never did

>paying for digital distribution
>ever
you pirate, right?

every movie is better if you watch it at 1.5 speed. netflix does not have this option. ps4 letterboxes the movie when you fastforward. ps3 does not letterbox you but sometimes the movie has its own obnoxious graphic taking up the bottom 1/4 of the screen telling you that yes, you are indeed fastforwarding and the movie has this much hp remaining in its bloodborne boss lifebar. black hawk down, heat, fight club have none of that bullshit.

yes

ok, as long as you aren't paying for digital

Blu Ray Association is shooting them self in the foot.They should advertise them as an alternative to the (((cloud))) and there is still no proper Blu ray playing software

Sometimes I pirate 1:1 bluray dumps, does that count?

Blu rays are totally worth it. UHD 4K Blu rays even moreso because of HDR, the higher resolution making shots feel wider and deeper, and especially the Audio mastering, which so far has been superb.
Streaming services will always be limited by hardware capabilties and whatever the provers feel like providing to and whatever the ISP wants your connection speed to be at the time you want to stream.
Digital content providers stuff is all over the place. Like you can get Ghostbusters 2 on Netflix in UHD but not in HDR, nor is there Ghostbusters 1 in UHD at all. But you can buy it from Amazon Prime for £7.
HDR and Dolby Vision are all over the place still, only my Sony X800 does UHD HDR Surround audio Amazon Prime. (My Roku is really limited, PC even moreso)
With a Blu ray I just put it in the player and it works. A great player will scale the audio accordingly and automatically set it up to a good setting.
Physical will never die when its the flat out easiest and superior option. A bit pricier but thats why you buy movies you like and know you'll watch again, and leave the rest on streaming services and pirating it off the net (which are usually really compressed rips. On a high end player its really noticeable vs the disc).

what a fucking stupid name

>They have DRM which has only been broken for some disks — the other Bluray disks remain incompatible with freedom.

>If a product is designed to chain you, you must not surrender to it. If you can't break the chains, don't put them on!

Attached: 1502576977803s.jpg (250x166, 8K)

this

4K ones use HEVC.

Bitrates are wrong for UHD BD

Paid digital distribution is even more of a chain and no one complains about it

The only CD/DVDs I own are software and I've literally never purchased a bluray in my life.

Anybody here use blu-ray for archiving files(mostly 10-50gb movies from torrents)?

im just concered how shitty the drm that it will not work for a couple of years because its outdated.
should i stick on dvds

Depends on the movie. To buy a bluray, I really have to love the flick. Streaming the rest tho

I do. Blu-rays are great for long term back up and I trust my burned blu-rays to still work in 20 years a lot more than I trust my external hard drives to work in 5.
Low cost isn't the reason I use them either. I have poorly manufactured CDs that are 30 years old that still work. DVDs are supposed to be more durable than CD and Blu-ray more durable than DVD.
Pretty sure "disc rot" is digital distribution propaganda to get people to pay for digital distribution instead. The only time I've had "disc rot" is 2 burned CDs in my car that I spilled water on a few times and would have water droplets on them every day.
Fuck the cloud
>Streaming the rest tho
just pirate it then

Yes. I use them on my PS3. Also rent a plenty too.

BD-R HTL is still a viable option for long term offline archival. You can keep files offline for the rest of your life without re-burning.

Yup, I still buy PS3 games.

Nah man you gotta use the cloud and support the developers and creators

Attached: paid digital distribution drones.jpg (576x415, 177K)

No, though my sister recently bought me WALL-E and I was very happy and I took to opportunity to rewatch it immediately.
Speak of the devil

WALL-E is a movie showing society after years and years of people accepting paid digital distribution

Yes but only at Poundland where they cost.. yup £1 each.

Only UHD Blu-Rays, unless it's a title unlikely to end up on UHD BD.

I used to have a pretty big DVD collection, but I never jumped on regular BD, so now I mainly double dip on 4K BD, which is a pretty big jump in quality to say the least.

I just noticed that the blu ray logo is supposed to resemble a disc.

So when they make a Blu-Ray of a film, do they return to the film or do they use the previously stored uncompressed digital copy?

Can be unchained later though, once you have the media key, you'll have it forever.

it depends

>Only UHD Blu-Rays, unless it's a title unlikely to end up on UHD BD.
Yes

I use popcorn time and only use it when I’m bored, I dont pay attention to normies trends like a fucking retard.