Imagine if this thing could dual boot Linux or android imagine how good of a deal and useful it would be

Imagine if this thing could dual boot Linux or android imagine how good of a deal and useful it would be

Attached: bundle_gray_box.jpg (554x369, 34K)

user, it can though. The Tegra back door can be tapped into with a few paperclips to the side, people already run Linux on this.

You can't do anything smooth with it. And Nintendo bans you for cfw and the like.

It would be a very expensive tablet.

No. Its specs are fine for tablet use right now.

And its cheap

It’s $300, not expensive at all.

why Nintendo won't make useful devices is beyond me. So much potential considering the hardware and price along with the controllers. Would be the best emulator, mobile console and all around media device out if they would just do that.

>the same people who think Microsoft are based and trustworthy and tried pushing the wii60 meme
>now think they're arbiters of good prices and hardware

L O L

Attached: 1530583562318.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

>android
>linux
gross

What the fuck does this have to do with microshit you retarded faggot?

What else?

Video Games

Linux allows you to play steam games to an extent and also emulate. Android would allow emulation as well. Expecting windows isn't realistic.

>an extent

Attached: He_does_it.png (499x423, 142K)

When you nerds release a Switch emulator?

it wouldn't be terribly useful. what is it with you underage retards who want to do stupid shit with their consoles because their parents won't buy them actual devices?

>steam games to an extent
look up how processor architectures work and come back. go tell me which of your precious steam games are ARMv8 compatible.

Well it is. Not everything will work well on Linux.

I really want a switch but its hard to justify considering how much the hardware will be going to waste just with me playing Mario kart and Zelda or whatever else on it when I have so much stuff I could do that its capable of but Nintendo won't allow.

How would it not be useful? I have a desktop and a smartphone but you don't think I'd rather emulate on a switch and play games like that over the others? Hell yes I would. It's also a bigger screen than my phone for YouTube or anything similar.

That's what an arduino's for

Not comparable to a switch not sure what you mean.

anything you are wanting a switch to do can be done better and cheaper by an ARM linux tablet or, smarter yet, an x86 windows 10 tablet. i can see no scenario in which your switch would be superior to your phone or a tablet. any cheap tablet on the market can emulate up to N64 (for fucks sake I emulated N64 on a 600MHZ single-core ARM with 512MB of RAM) at far below the price point of a switch, and as I mentioned before but you completely glossed over, the Switch is an ARMv8 architecture tablet, MEANING ONLY SOFTWARE WRITTEN FOR THAT ARCHITECTURE WILL FUNCTION ON IT. Steam's Linux package is ONLY compiled for x86_64 and is unlikely to function on any other architecture. Most emulators should support ARMv8 but there will be some that do not. You are forgetting - or didn't know in the first place - that the Switch is a glorified ARM tablet.

If you want an ARM tablet, get an ARM tablet. If you want to play PC games, get an X86 tablet. You can acquire either of these relatively cheaply, and both are more portable, more powerful, and more versatile than the Switch.

real life exists

if u aint gaming u dying

Except none have the joycons like the switch and they aren't subsidized hardware pricing (basically) and a switch has switch games as well.

N64 maybe but I'm talking GameCube and more. I'm sure there are emulators that work for arm but yeah I actually forgot it was arm and steam won't work. I'm not a dumbfuck. If it ran android you could just use emulator apps.

You're talking about buying multiple devices literally no fucking reason to want to do that. The whole point is having fewer devices for more purposes.

the Joycons are a moot point given that there are SO many options for tablet compatible controllers at this point. so, so, so many options. You can get whatever the hell type you want and yes, some attach to the tablet. Subsidized hardware pricing means nothing when you consider how much cost most of the useless features on the Switch add - note that a pair of Joycons is $80 alone.

Android is also generally ARM and apps on Android are also architecture-specific, though few are aware of this. Likely an Android port to Switch would be the safest option if you were interested in using it for alternative purposes but again, why would you?

If you were truly interested in owning as few devices as possible, you'd just use CEMU on your desktop PC because that plays half of the Switch's worthwhile library. But you're not interested in owning as few devices as possible, or you'd be using a laptop with an eGPU instead of a desktop and own no other hardware than that besides maybe a flip phone.

You will find more often than not having every device you own being able to do everything you want often results in you just doing everything you can on the most comfortable and efficient platform which will usually be your desktop. Even if you have a Switch and phone that emulate, you will not want to play through the entirety of any game longer than two hours on either of these devices. You will go back to your desktop PC with a decent USB controller and the Switch will collect dust.

None as good as joycon and none that let me play switch games too. I can get the joycons with the switch for 230 or 300 and that's a complete package. Far better than buying a shitty regular tablet or wangblows tablet, and the games will actually work with controller well.

>why would you

Gee I don't know so I can emulate every console pre GameCube on a device with nice controls and that already runs games well and serves multiple purposes? CEMU is also dogshit and playing on a desktop isn't portable.

You're just being contrarian just for the sake of it. There isn't a device comparable to the switch in power that can play games like it can and includes a dock and controller. I can get the switch for 225 now and it also has 4gb of ram.

NOTHING else is comparable to that.

just buy a Tegra X1 tablet and use a PS4 controller over bluetooth, you wouldn't even be cucked by the poor joy-con design.

The joycon is fine and makes more sense so you can have the tablet close to your face and actually fucking see what you're doing.

If I did what you're suggesting it would just be an emulation device alone and cost as much as the switch.

the joy cons are great

>useful it would be
useful for what?

Emulating everything GameCube and below, playing switch games, watching youtube, using it to watch content from storage or NAS etc.

Everything a tablet is used for and more.

>None as good as the joycon and none that let me play switch games too
Both of these points are false. The Switch has HUGE hardware compatibility on controllers and there are plenty of good tablet controller options out there. Including ones that won't give you carpal tunnel within 15 minutes.

>shitty regular tablet and the games will actually work with the controller well
For the price, you can get a much more powerful device than the Nintendo Switch with a better screen and better software compatibility already natively running Linux x86 or Windows, depending on what tickles your noodle.

>emulate every console pre-GameCube on a device with nice controls that already runs games well and serves multiple purposes, but (insert highly successful emulator here) is dogshit
So, you mean any PC released in the past 15 years? Because a $100 ThinkPad will do what you have prescribed, and not only that but will do it far better than the Switch is capable of with greater software and hardware compatibility.

>There isn't a device comparable to the switch in power that can play games like it can and includes a dock and controller

Okay, sure, we'll play this game. Let's start. You are quoting 230 for switch or 300 "and that's a complete package". $230 is not a price I have seen the Switch sold at - maybe $230 sans-Joy Cons but that's a little bit of a moot point since the selling point is the console is the controllers. So we'll go with $300 because we're comparing new-to-new and with controller.

GPD Win - $300, more portable, same processing power but X86, full Windows compatibility with 4GB RAM / 64GB eMMC, IPS 1280x720 screen like Switch
Other tablets - $200, less portable but a MUCH nicer, high resolution screen with a large size makes it actually comfortable to use instead of shoving your face into a 6" screen. Similar power factor, much better battery life.

You are looking for a tablet and convincing yourself a Switch is what you want. Stop it.

>GPD Win
retard.

The switch is comfortable enough and you CANNOT play switch games on anything fucking else.

Point me to a superior device for 225 dollars. I fucking dare you. Even if you did it CANT run fucking switch games.

You're also talking about a thinkpad in typical Jow Forums neckbeard fashion. A hulking monstrosity of an ancient laptop versus a modern tablet device that is actually portable.

The little GPD piece of shit is more money, harder to play games on, has no fucking switch games or actual content made for it and less support. Any other tablet at 200 dollars will be much weaker, won't even have a control method and again NO FUCKING SWITCH GAMES.

I want a switch to play switch games and ALSO use the hardware for what its capable of which is even more in terms of emulation and android.

>switch
>portable
I literally do not own a pair of pants with a pocket large enough to fit the Switch. It is way too long to be portable.

If you want a Switch to play Switch games, get a Switch. If you want a portable device to emulate old games for whatever strange reason, get a tablet.

The ThinkPad comment was not meant to be taken as a serious option but rather illustrate how poorly defined your criteria are.

The GPD is $10 more shipped, no harder to play games on, has a SIGNIFICANTLY larger content library than the Switch (Every emulator, older PC games, etc - literally tens of thousands of games), and is about on par with the Switch in terms of power.

You seem to underestimate how strong the Switch is. Go benchmark the Tegra and come back to me. It is no magic piece of silicone that can run Crysis 8 at maximum settings. $200 gives you plenty of legroom ($100) to devise a good control scheme.

Again.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY SWITCH GAMES, GET A SWITCH.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY NOT-SWITCH GAMES, GET A NOT-SWITCH.

THE SWITCH IS A MODERN GAME BOY. IN 1989, PEOPLE WERE NOT COMPLAINING THAT THEY COULD NOT PERFORM MS-DOS FUNCTIONS ON A GAME BOY. THE SWITCH IS NOT A COMPUTER, IT IS A SWITCH.

Maybe big letters are easier to read for you. The Switch is a game console, stop trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Why do I have to carry it in my pants? What?

Its still portable. Are laptops and tablets not because I can't put them in my pants?

>if you want to switch game get a switch

No shit but my entire point from the beginning is that its capable of that and more if Nintendo wouldn't be so stuck up.

The GPD is fucking sub 6 inches running windows. Literally an unusable piece of shit. The fact you'd even suggest that thing is laughable.

Read the fucking original post next time before you start sperging out here you fucking stupid ape. I made it clear from the start switch games were of interest.

people like to weird things with devices. I.E. i still have old ass computers to test how old ass games run on them that i get

If you are not carrying it in your pants, where are you carrying it where it is significantly more portable than a 9" tablet? Please, share with me, I'd love to know your life hack.

>Are laptops and tablets not portable because I can't put them in my pants?
Do we come back to the rhetorical ThinkPad argument with this? Is an X220 not portable? Is a tablet not portable? You're moving the goalposts to make the switch fit.

>Nintendo is stuck up because they won't break down and just release a fucking Android tablet
Point me to one - ANY, LITERALLY ANY - major console release that has ever officially sanctioned and had third party OS support as a selling point. I am waiting. The Nintendo Switch is like every other console on the market as far as its software implementation goes and it's not unreasonable for Nintendo to keep it that way. People were calling for the same stupid shit with the Wii U gamepad.

The Switch is 6.2", the GPD is 5.5". That is a screen size difference of about .7". Tell me, is that a make-or-break for you? And why is Windows unusable in that form? And if Windows is so unusable, what is stopping you from getting a dead cheap, used 7" tablet that is capable of performing emulation significantly cheaper? We have already established the Switch WILL NOT HANDLE GAMECUBE EMULATION on a hardware basis. What other console can you name that you plan to emulate that is less intensive than the GameCube but will not run smoothly on a good tablet? I will wait for a response on this one as well.

I don't think you belong here. is where we put the people like you who come in here screaming about garbage like this.

Where did I say it was more portable than a 9 inch tablet? Its comparable to a smaller tablet. You're putting words in my mouth.

> Is an x220 not portable

As portable as other older laptops less so than a switch. Obviously its larger and heavier.

>point me to any

That's the point. Its a missed opportunity.

You're literally missing the entire fucking point of this thread and still sperging out. 5.5 to over 6 inches is also a measurable difference, I've used a switch and I'm using a 5.5 inch phone right now. So yes that's a big deal. One also doesn't run fucking windows you idiot.

Go kill yourself. If you don't care about games why are you in this thread? Go back to cumming on your stupid ancient meme thinkpads you retarded autist.

>getting this mad over being called out on being retarded

It's not a missed opportunity, it wasn't an opportunity to begin with. Releasing the Switch as an open console would be suicide for Nintendo and you know that as well as I do.

I would love to know what your aversion to Windows is though, it's well catered to autistic gaymers like yourself. Plenty of pretty colors for you to keep your attention with, just like the Switch you asked for this Christmas. If 5.5 to 6 is noticeable and 6 is preferable then clearly 7 would also be preferable, so... get a tablet.

I already own a Switch. But I enjoy having you set up shitty goalposts so I can tear them down.

>windows on 5.5 inches

If you can't see why that's retarded and why it would be nice to have android emulators on the switch there's no point in you continuing. You've torn nothing down and couldn't even read the original string of posts that made it clear switch games were a bonus.

Switch games should not be a bonus on a Switch, they should be the only selling point. Buy a console to play its own games on it. If you have never used Windows 10 and have only used Windows 7 on your Dell Dimension then I invite you to check the operating system and see how it has changed over the past ten years. If you feel Android is acceptable, then again - get an Android tablet. You can get one that will emulate everything you want for $100, and if you're really creative, you'll find a way to get Joycons working with it. The Switch would make a terrible portable emulator.

nintendo are notorious for absolutely ignoring all the market outside of autistic japan, and also for making the same security mistakes over and over again (hence why there are always jailbreak exploits on every nintendo console)

Please let there be a Switch out there that has Linux installed and a Switch emulator package.

Going to search that, now.

Why? It's a shit piece of hardware.

Hardware is hardware. I want to use hardware how I want to use hardware. That's all there is to it. The switch would be a good emulator device and a decent android tablet.

I use win10 every day on my desktop as well.

I just wish youd get more out of the available jailbreak. Nintendo perma instant bans for downloading games and the like it seems.

Its fine.

nigga you have any idea how much more you can do with a 250USD android tablet + a 50USD controller?

10 million times more than what you can do with this piece of shit.

It's a portable MK/SMB/Skyrim machine, and it's nice, but don't go out and tell me you can do more than that with it conveniently. That's just retarded.

Can't play Mario kart 8 or botw or the new smash or odyssey

Skyrim on android too? Yah sure.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I READ

The Reply

because Nintendo, despite claiming every console release that it'll be an adult-targeted console this time, time and time again they prove to be incapable of making much more than a mario machine
they're never gonna be interested in more than pushing their retarded little platformers and gimmicks
nintendo has unbelievable amounts of money but they always have their head up their asses because their cash cow (mario) is still milking strong, and it's easier to shit out a new console every 4 years than actually take the time to make a device everyone can find a use in.
look at it right now. the switch is almost a year and a half old and it still doesn't have a fucking web browser. or netflix. or youtube. or bluetooth. its a shitheap of a console but as far as nintendos concerned, their job is basically done because they managed to get every kid and manchild to go out and get one. for some reason, nintendo hasn't realized that the switch is a dust-collector and going down the path of the wii, but then again nintendo did claim for 3 years that the wii u was their best device yet

>3ds
>no exploits till '15 or so

Tell me about switch linux

How does plasma run? What can be done? What works what doesnt?
This might be the feature that pushes me over the edge and buy a switch.

Attached: 4ss86b11wce01.png (340x608, 293K)

gaymerfag