Besides the updates and "muh botnet", what's wrong with Windows 10?

Besides the updates and "muh botnet", what's wrong with Windows 10?

Attached: w10.jpg (1000x563, 73K)

ads in the startmenu.

It’s shit

Nothing, it's fine

What ads?

Attached: startneby.png (958x1026, 273K)

Holy fuck! Nice blur effect!

im mistaken, its goat and nothing will beat it

Attached: 1531028464948.png (800x894, 41K)

Anti-Trump propaganda in the start menu

>after removing ads manually there are no ads
No shit, kys.

the ads that you were forced to manually remove from the start menu, you hack

Eternal beta version, and you're the tester

Good luck with Linux if you have trouble with that lmao

Okay, but what are your thoughts on Windows?

This might be baby duck syndrome talking but I think windows has the best desktop environment

It's not bad after you forcibly rip all the bullshit out of it the run dws and shutup10

I actually like it better than 7 after this.

I removed everything from it including cortana and it's tits. I used to only boot into windows to play games but now find I'm using it more.

I've got a copy up on mega if anyone wants it

BUmP

What's with the recent uptick in Windows shill threads lately?

it's proprietary

windows useds becoming increasingly desperate

>costs too much for an os
>office comes with it but is locked behind yet another paywall
>gimped setting menus, doesn't have every relevant thing together in one place like it's fucking supposed to
>"whoopsie you need the administrator's permission to do an action on a product that you own :^("
>this

Desperate for what? For us to stop making fun of them? lmao

'Flat design' is complete trash. I'll take windows 7 style any day

you can play games, that triggers the memenux neckbeard

Literally nothing, just 1 - 2 powershell scripts to remove any annoyances. Everything else just werks

>besides 4, what is 2+2?

>office comes with it but is locked behind yet another paywall
Just download LibreOffice then?
>"whoopsie you need the administrator's permission to do an action on a product that you own :^("
Make yourself an administrator then? the same thing happens in linux "wow ur not using root you better add sudo to the beginning of every line"

Attached: libreoffice.png (2036x1028, 125K)

>Make yourself an administrator then?
I did and it still does that

not much, just use multiple OSes when one comes up short.

overall shit for development (even macOS is better)
looks like shit
proprietary
cant customize anything OOTB
no package manager
viruses
gaymer gear
need I go on?

are you talking about files that ask you if you want them to make changes to your computer? just change the settings

or are you talking about deleting something owned by TrustedInstaller or whatever? just change the owner to (You)

Attached: notifications.png (1806x921, 27K)

it's kind of flat

if you're into flat earth memes

Attached: kansas-4.gif (288x152, 7K)

not an argument

Attached: ants.jpg (200x122, 5K)

Some preinstalled apps which can be removed with 2 clicks and a "suggest apps" feature than can be disabled in one click.

My computer turns on every day by itself. I think it’s reporting to the mothership. I checked the Power options or whatever and disabled the “wake” thing; I’ve done powercfg and removed anything capable of waking the computer, I’ve checked the BIO-, excuse me, UEFI, and there’s nothing there. Please I installed Ubuntu over Windows and it stopped doing that. Reinstalled Windows and it started again

tl;dr I’m probably done with Windows forever after 10

Bloatware installed every year when they do their yearly updates

>tears streaming down his face as he types this

Right back at ya, bro!

Attached: my startmenu.png (458x595, 135K)

uhh, user...

You don’t own your copy of Windows 10, you pillock. Everything operates as a “service” now.

Attached: 66F9A5E6-A254-4979-908B-3FB62C7A7591.png (704x690, 692K)

are you serious? the reworked settings stuff is goat.

I'll take gpe over .rc files any day. And don't get me started on systemd

fuck off.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

>need to sift through several layers of menus adapted for tech illiterates until you find the link that opens the section you need

i never said i had trouble with it, i only implied that it's fucking disgusting that windows comes out of the box with advertisements that the end user is forced to remove manually.

Just like the #1 Linux normie build, but most people here shouldn't be normies

Share it my dear user.

Attached: inconsistencies.png (382x203, 31K)

Attached: inconsistencies2.jpg (523x702, 41K)

wow different applications look different who knew?

Attached: inconsistencies3.png (1366x768, 368K)

it's a rolling release. businesses do not want nor need that type of update model. it has no place in mission critical environments.

Attached: inconsistencies4.png (543x249, 34K)

It's unstable.

Attached: inconsistencies5.png (2288x924, 106K)

Attached: inconsistencies6.png (2560x1440, 512K)

Attached: inconsistencies7.jpg (2302x1016, 283K)

Attached: inconsistencies8.png (1000x607, 555K)

Attached: inconsistencies9.png (929x191, 39K)

>NSA

Last one I have, though I'm sure there're more. Top quality enterprise software.

Attached: inconsistencies10.png (981x681, 48K)

just imagine what hell it's gonna cause when windows 7 is kill and Hospitals have to update their computers. Peoples life support will be getting shut off because windows decides to randomly update itself during an open heart surgery.

It's run slower than the worst linux distro.

get in malware pls feel like home

Sleep tight, Popper

it´s fine.
some people claim "w10 is shit" because specific editions (IoT, Enterprise LTSB) install Candy Crush Saga, but you uninstall with click-right > uninstall.

sleep tight popper

In most office based enterprise networks you'll find the MS will usually add extensions just look at the united states navy they still use XP for several things and MS has a team of people who specialize in security updates (based in Linux) to keep those systems running. Look at NASA they probably still use some of the older types of OS to support their Hardware

>uninstall
>*right-click -> uninstall*
>feels good
>turn off computer
>*two days later*
>turn on computer
> *phew*... free of bloat now
> Click on Start Menu
>Three new meme games suddenly appear again.
>tfw

Everything else

GUI is clearly designed for touch, not keyboard and mouse usage.
Taskbar icon for single instance of application and multiple stacked windows of application look visibly the same.
Min/Max/Close buttons in top right of windows extend to cover the entire height of the title bar and all the way to the right; there is no safe space in the top right corner to click on to simply bring the window into focus.

The frontend is just all around worse

Still no system-wide dark mode.
Very little scope for customisation. Live tiles get system accent colour, can't edit that for built-in apps. It makes them look monotonous.
Lots of UI inconsistencies, lots of old shit in administrative tools.
No way to tag files of a certain type and select them based on the tag. Ie, custom filtering.
No native quick preview of files, like the one on macos while pressing spacebar.
Absolutely retarded permissions system which often does not even allow an admin to edit or control files and directories. Trusted installer owner that not even an admin can bypass?
Buggy start menu and tiles. Live tiles of native apps froze and stopped updating with live content.
Not very helpful for developers Wsl is a start but there's a lot more missing.
Primitive controls for audio, volume, balance etc.
Windows used to support custom toolbars you could snap on any side of the screen which wasn't occupied by the taskbar. That would be so useful if it came back. Especially if it supported pinning folders on it that you could visualise like stacks.

I got lots of ideas, but I won't waste more time.

>Opening start menu
>Ever
Shiggity diggity doo

Attached: google-play.jpg (370x400, 17K)

Uses more resources than 8.1 and the new interface looks like ass. I get like 6 hours of battery on 10, compared to the 9 hours I get on 8.1

a lot of ppl buy new shiny fancy cars because they look good. or Apple.
it may not be an argument to you, but it is to them.

Shitty UI. Windows 7 was perfect, but they just had to fuck it all up.

The frequency of updates and lack of quality control just breaks random shit every time.

Sleep tight popper

summer

Design, resources usage, bugs here and there, price.
Still, I love my Enterprise LTSB.

>Windows 7 was perfect
No, it wasn't.

It gave me eye cancer, I lost both and now my mom reads the threads and posts for me

Since the last two updates my pc is randomly constantly freezing

Sleep tight, Popper

Attached: stallman.jpg (480x451, 21K)

Probably the auto-install of the update assistant bullshit, the nagging of Defender over the stupidest shit, and bloatware from the store on install. Apart from those minor annoyances, Windows 10 Enterprise is a great OS

it's proprietary, is not POSIX compliant, is slow, has a shitty and inconsistent interface, is terrible for developing software, it spies on you, has a retarded update policy, requires a shitty file system, has a terrible selection of default software and smells like curry and shit

Forced advertising, crapware it automatically downloads, productivity tools as a subscription, can't decide between having good backwards compatibility or just ditching it altogether in favor of less bloat.

Sleep tight, Popper

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Some of you faggots talk about Windows like its some spooky campfire horror story.

>and then it'll update and ALL your settings will be reverted!
>I hear there's ads everywhere!

I'm no shill but none of these things ever happened to me on any of my windows machines and they all run beautifully when you remove the unwanted features. In fact, its my Xubuntu machine and my alpine linux machine that gives me the most shit

>wahh it comes with so many apps and bloatware!

Turns out that the most popular operating system, and the one most likely to be on kids/elderly/luddite machines is going to have shit catered to them. It's easily removed.

Attached: 1422061193602.jpg (640x427, 63K)

Sleep tight, Popper

holy fuck. you don't have any taste in design because this is ugly as fuck

Attached: sweatingpepe.jpg (300x300, 14K)

A clean install of Windows 10 uses 30% of your 8gb ram on idle.

A clean install of Arch/Parabola/Void linux with xfce4 uses 3% of 8gb ram on idle. There is minimal to no bloat.

A typical program on Windows is about 1-4gb of storage. A typical program in linux is about 1-4mb of storage.

The minimalist linux OS's are excellent for cheap old computers. A 1000$ Windows 10 pc will always be slower than a 100$ arch/parabola/void linux laptop.

Also, instead of being bombarded with updates while you're doing stuff, you simply maintain your own system instead, and check for updates with a simple command once in a while.

Attached: IMG_20180524_222107.jpg (4160x3120, 1.65M)

Those indie games good?

BLOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Aнимeшники - этo paкoвaя oпyхoль Зeмли.

> besides the absolutely huge reasons people hate it, what's wrong with it?

For me it's that W10 has a split personality. It is more or less two OS's in one. No not more or less, it IS two OS's in one. Its that Microsoft can not fully commit to one or the other.
Honestly I think they really should have split W10 up more proper and not this paranoid OS.

It's garbage

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>he doesn't know