Attached: rip.png (751x77, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66691440/
hooktube.com/licenses
warosu.org/g/thread/S66691440
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
gist.github.com/ubone/562d43d59f6ddc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder how many thousands of hours people wasted on programming youtube downloaders

There's shitloads of them on git*, and at best, about 1-2 actually downloads higher than 720p, and even then with massive CPU costs at combining those media streams.

I used streamlink for a while but never tried to replace it when the 'protected' video shit came out. Instead I just stopped using youtube habitually. It was all pretty much for low-quality entertainment anyway. I feel like educational videos don't work very well.

youtube-dl still works, right?

Ideas for non-centralized stuff to fight back against google? C#, Python, nodejs, or C++ if not too complex.

Literally what the fuck am I supposed to do now

>no choice
so what's causing this?

yea, it doesn't use the youtube api (you'd know if it did, since you would need to provide an api key to use it)

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66691440/

So what's jewtube's fucking issue? Hooktube has miniscule traffic

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 03.28.24.png (942x216, 62K)

Can someone ask him for source code so I can at least host my own mirror locally?

google doesn't like it when someone perverts their services (by making them nice)

kinda RIP, I'm subscribed to many channels with RSS, don't care for recommendations

>release api that makes a site like hooktube possible
>cry when hooktube uses the api
huh

just because it's /possible/ to recreate youtube.com using it, that doesn't mean it sits right with the api's terms and conditions

>provide an API to jew
>end up getting out jew'd
>c&d
like clockwork

same, don't care for rec's either, but i will miss search/channel pages
guess i'll need to go back to using youtube.com with js disabled (doesn't matter how broken the page is, since i always open the videos in mpv, even when using hooktube)

JEWTUBE VS HOOKJEW

WHOEVER WINS JEWS

They can't touch NewPipe right? I mean legally, existentially, because I suppose they could detect/block in android.

They will at most say it's a dangerous app like lucky patcher and keep bugging you to uninstall it. But newpipe doesn't use API.

Release the source code swack, at least so we can selfhost our own instance of hooktube.

you do realize to make it work you'd need an api key, which requires a google account, right?
it's pretty pointless to run an instance yourself

>massive cpu costs
lol no, you're not encoding anything. You're literally just putting a bunch of files under a single codec and telling them what order to play in.

*putting a bunch of files in a single container

I asked him on Twitter. Let's hope he does.

why bother with this shit when youtube-dl does the job better

>open door to bank during business hours
>cry when a robber uses it to run off with goods

hooktube.com/licenses

How does youtube-dl compare to Jdownloader?

What about the backend? I think it’s written in PHP so I’d have to rewrite it if I were to do anything, but I’m curious as to how some of it works

Does newpipe still work

has anyone used jdownloader since megaupload and friends died?

yes, this is specific to hooktube, as all that has happened is hooktube's api key has been revoked

would it be possible to implement newpipe's extractor on a simple program for linux?

i'm not sure what you mean exactly, but what are you trying to do that youtube-dl can't?

>Said "bank" is a fence for stolen goods.
>Cry when it's used for "side business".

>not using the superior Jow Forums archive
warosu.org/g/thread/S66691440

Meh, worthless

Oh well. I only used it for the direct video.

Holy shit it actually worked.I told youtube to ban hooktube from using their apis because of the antisemitic name. Hahahhaha

>antisemitic name.
?

Search, description, channels, related videos.
Displaying them, not just downloading them.

because text scares the FUCK out of normal people
wow you have to interact with this program with words, like a human being, instead of shiny buttons and little switches and big green arrows? NOT WORTH MY TIME XD

Pretty sure that demographic wouldn't use your shitty AuschwitzTube anyway

God i fucking hate normies

It was a great way to browse for videos to watch. I always use MPV, but I found Hooktube to be much better for browsing than Youtube itself, and you get to keep your privacy. Is there an alternative? I guess I'm really not losing much, but I still hate to see it go.

mps-yt is the closest alternative but it's kinda shit, & is also limited to 720p unlike ytdl. Still though anything is better than youtube.com

i've been using an rss feed so it isn't as difficult but not being able to search and check related videos sucks. fuck this

If only there was a way to run android programs on gnu linux...

So now what? What do we do now?

You stop delaying the inevitable and actually use an alternative platform.

>actually use an alternative platform.
Like what? There is no alternative with the video selection youtube has. Nobody wants to move.

DTube.
>Nobody wants to move.
Yep, nobody likes leaving comfort. The sole reason the people on YouTube want to stay on YouTube is because it's easy to use and it makes them money. They'll complain endlessly about YouTube's new policies but guess what they're publishing those complaints on? YouTube itself. And they'll be uploading the same stuff there time and time again. They're greedy. If you actually disagree with anything that YouTube does, be that policy, privacy, etc, use something else. It's very simple.

How about someone makes a browser plugin that hooks into the API or codes the add on to convert YT video URLs to automatically run direct to hooktube's page for the video.

good riddance. only ever seen this used by fedora wearing edgelords. You're still using youtube, there's no difference

Why wouldn't you just use Youtube to search for videos? You don't even need Javascript to do it, so you could do it over Tor if you want to go full autism. Hooktube doesn't even display without Javascript. It just pulls the video directly from Google's servers too.

>hy wouldn't you just use Youtube to search for videos?
Bit of an oxymoron to want to use hooktube so google doesn't know what you're seeing, but you use youtube itself to find the video.

>use hooktube so google doesn't know what you're seeing
Again, Hooktube is just pulling the video directly from Google's servers. Google knows what you're watching.

Google knows hooktube viewed it, but not that you specifically saw it.

No, Hooktube is getting the url of the video and giving it to you to view directly. Check what connections you're making while watching a video on Hooktube. It's googlevideo.com.

Attached: 1503883340258.png (441x238, 31K)

Hookedjewnosetube

this isn't my IP
but it has a unique code before that and im not sure it is unique to my device or the website itself. Anyone care to elaborate?

Attached: Untitled.png (259x119, 19K)

nvm its of jewgle

i'm pretty sure it's a play on "api hook", not a reference to a jew's nose

so if i want to rip the audio out of music video on youtube without doing a huge mess, what's the fastest utlity to do it now?

youtube-dl, same as always

>be me
>dont understand much of IT stuff, just the very basics in programming
>one day I'm in my cousins house
>they all think of me as an mothefucking hacker, can do anything
>suddenly one of my cousins ask if I can break into the school systems and change her grade
>I know I can't, because I simple don't know how to. but dont want to look like an pussy in front of her
>boot up windows
>open CMD
>ping school_site -t
>open ther CMD shell
>ipconfig /all
>now open an powershell, that looks different from the others because its blue
>type Notepad
>opens up the notepad
>start writing some random code lines
>Hack {school_address}
if{hack=sucessfull
then=change_cousins_name_grade
////
else=try again

>yup, thats what I've writte
>the "hack" obviously dont work
>at this time I've already noticed that she was very nervous, more than I was
>says to her that I'm one click away for destroying the whole school server
>she steps back
>"no, user, thats too much"
>I say that i'll do it. she just needs to say yes
>she say no, and is almost crying
>asks if the FBI will notice
>I say no, because I take all the cautions needed to stay anonymous
>okthen.jpg
>eat the dinner
>go home
>its already 4 years later, and she's still thinking that I would really hack the school server.

Attached: anon.jpg (225x225, 6K)

youtube-dl -f m4a youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

>ripping off audio from youtube
go back to 9gag

big deal

>ripping
how about you just download it

gist.github.com/ubone/562d43d59f6ddc c8d63c228e3ce717e8

>not using the ACTUAL Jow Forums archive