Well Jow Forums, I've had it. My last BSOD

Well Jow Forums, I've had it. My last BSOD.

I'm going to fall for the meme and install GNU+Linux. Which distro should I get? Ubuntu? Arch? Manjaro?
Intel CPU, AMD graphics.

Attached: automatic-repair-failed.jpg (720x279, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16062989
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

install TempleOS

Install Slackware

How is any of that going to help you if it's a hardware issue?

Trisquel

lmao,you must be fucking new here. there isn't a Jow Forums tard with half a clue

If you're a retard who keep breaking windows and/or who can't identify a problem with a corrupt disk or something like that, then switching OS won't magically help you.

Ubuntu is recommended if you never used GNU/Linux before. There are several flavors for it, which change the desktop environment: Ubuntu uses GNOME, Kubuntu uses KDE, Xubuntu uses XFCE, Lubuntu uses LXDE, Ubuntu Mate uses Mate. Take a look at screenshots of all of those and pic and try the one you like the most. You can try them all without touching your hard drive by using the Live CD option.

This is a forced meme

This is not recommended for a beginner

This is not Linux and also an abandoned meme OS

KDE Neon

To be totally honest, start with Ubuntu, everyone starts there. Choose a derrivative that feels right. Personally recommend Xubuntu.
Also if you are going to go that route don't go with 18.04, imo it's broken, just use 16.04, since it's still supported for quite a while

In the last... 3 years? I've only ever had one green screen of death lmao. OP you fucked up

Ubuntu is cancer. Use either Debian testing or Arch. Debian if you want a lower learning curve, and a very stable and well documented experience. Arch if you want to dive in the deep end from the get-go and learn fast and hard.

Either way expect to crash and burn a few times. Don't use Ubuntu. Can't stress that enough. You have no reason to trust me over other anons, I get that, but Ubuntu is a bad way to start.

Attached: 5c978978-9b2a-41ae-9611-72c3e7e96830..gif (199x236, 1.81M)

doesn't that burn his boob when he puts it back?

I have at least 53% of a clue.

>Too stupid to manage windows
>let's install linux
Shh don't tell him guys

sweat evaporates before he can get burned

another user wakes up, throws his TOMY pretend steering wheel away in disgust, gets something real
another user has thrown his TOMY pretend s

Attached: tomy.jpg (512x288, 44K)

Attached: prog.jpg (2048x1365, 398K)

If you can't troubleshoot a BSOD you shouldn't touch Linux with a 10 foot pole.

where are the windows elitists that don't know how windows works?

Attached: 440176329_f9470dbd70_o-640x482[1].jpg (640x482, 56K)

>This is a forced meme
kys

Don't be a fag and just do gentoo or arch. Learn fast and expect failure. In the end, it is always better to put together the operating system yourself.

>This is a forced meme
install gentoo

>Install manjaro alongside Windows
>Make an empty partition for it
>Install it there, finds the EFI partition to mount as /boot
>Install finishes
>Restart
>Didn't even install grub

Wow

Either your hardware is broken or you've installed something you should not have.

Switching to Linux won't solve that issue, but will create 100 more.

Is Ubuntu the Drake Sword of Linux distros?

Use Windows 7 you retard

He will have blue screen with win 7
There is a hardward problem but he's an idiot

i would not recommend ubuntu as others are... while it is true that ubuntu is good for beginners, it is extremely slow and bloated... you will notice it as soon as you switch to a better distro. i would instead recommend solus budgie. its bad to dive head first into gnu/linux so you shouldn't use something like arch.

I know but the fact that he's willingly using Win10 over 7 just makes him look like a bigger retard

>AMD graphics
Unless it's RX or Vega, avoid linux.

>use windows 10
>witness it's shit
>complain
>swear off windows for loonix

Attached: 1167201749575.jpg (225x169, 6K)

Ubuntu is shit.
Linux mint is better

Solus with budgie desktop or gnome desktop.

Ubuntu or Mint with MATE desktop.

Ubuntu or it's derivatives is the only non-meme distro that people actually use.

But don't go with Linux MInt 19. It's buggy and even devs are advocating against it for now. Just choose 18.3 and you're good (18.3 is supported til 2021 btw).

R9 290 here. What problems I should expect?

Sapphire R9 280 owner here. For whatever it's worth, one of the fans ate shit within six months and I've been forced to revert to the old Crimson 15.12 driver for stability. I'm done with AMD GPUs.

>one of the fans ate shit
>I'm done with AMD
How's that AMD's fault if Sapphire made the fans?

It's really not. The drivers as always are still AMD's fault though.

how about you stop buying shitty hardware instead?

Use a major distro from either the Red Hat family (Fedora, Centos) or the Debian family (Debian, Ubuntu)

Debian stable KDE. Just turn off desktop composition.

Gentoo is actually good though.

Manjaro worked for me. Ubuntu and clones suck.

Lubuntu ftw

Just hackintoshâ„¢ it, lads.

PCLinuxOS is normie low entry. Lubuntu is second best. ANY other distro is mostly targeted to people with some experience.

get ready for the worst ride of your life.

Only if he falls for Gentoo or Arch as his first distro. Which he won't.

Stop running shit software / cracks / hax etc.

From normiest to most veteran:
PCLinuxOS
Lubuntu (Ubuntu)
Devuan (Debian)
CRUX / Slackware
Void / Arch
Gentoo
Source Mage / Exherbo
LFS

Attached: OMhdbSo.jpg (800x600, 110K)

Pre-400 series is shit for linux. 50-80% performance loss.

Attached: Linux AMD.png (1125x972, 505K)

>I'm going to fall for the meme and install GNU+Linux
please save yourself some pain and install a normal Linux distribution instead
stay far away from anything fsf promotes on their websites unless you plan to use your compoop for nothing

Win7 was the first and the last windows version which didn't give you random BSODs when there was no hardware issues. Judging from the picture he clearly uses 8 or 10 which means trying to find the cause is meaningless.

>source: my ass
t. Microsoft

How low have you fallen niggers.

Babbies first lunix tier, but OK: Lubuntu
"I like a gui for everything" tier: opensuse
Advanced tier: Gentoo (it's a solid distro, despite the memes)

Avoid arch if you want a system that should not break after updates.
You also don't need any of the minimal meme distros if you want to learn linux, instead I'd recommens lubuntu

Go for linux mint 19. It's superior in every way possible and perfectly stable. And you will be able to upgrade to release easily (Well, you will be able to upgrade from 18.3 too but it may not end as well as upgrading from beta).
And if you go with cinnamon there's literally no reason to chose older versions because they are unstable as fuck. Calling 18.3 more stable than 19 is just lame.

No problems since it's GCN.

As for Windows, the only problem I had with AMD drivers is that Relive OSD is broken for me. As for Linux, AMDGPU works great after just setting kernel parameters and blacklisting radeon. Works on machine I guess.

Most of the thing perform the same or with 10% decrease in perf (dxvk). What is the source?

Yeah, that's what I thought, senpai

What am I looking at here?

opensuse leap or ubuntu if you're a gui-babby like me

drumpf the president of south africa

Sure if you want to waste a bunch of time compiling every program you want to install. It's not ideal on low end hardware or even some mid tier hardware if you don't want to spend forever waiting. It's only really plausible on high end hardware.

this it's sad

you're Jow Forums

Install Windows Server

Maybe Mint ?
some says it's friendly

>source
I am the source faggot, did these tests myself. dxvk won't fix shit when drivers are shit themselves.

>come back for muhh games

>automatic repair fails
>unwilling to manual repair
>wants to install linux
>unwilling to manual repair

Attached: herrderr.gif (194x191, 39K)

you're on the wrong board my friend
(yes, it is)

KDE Neon or Ubuntu.

Nope, every once in a while I'll crossboard visit and realize this place is getting dumber and dumber by the second.

You know that Linux won't save you from faulty hardware, right?
You may want to figure out why your BSODs are happening before you hail Linux as some magical cure-all only to find out that your motherboard or RAM is shitting the bed.

Antegros with Deepin

I miss Terry :^(

When it comes to open source, I prefer the software packages with the most polish and highest install base. As much of a meme as it is, Linux Mint or Ubuntu are still the best for babbies first linux. Also OP how the fuck do you get a BSOD? I haven't seen a non-hardware related BSOD in years.

For a beginner I recommend Fedora

Parabola GNU+Linux Libre

Yeah, drivers are shit. Fucking retard.

Attached: opensource_drivers.jpg (1907x418, 136K)

TempleOS sure as hell isnt abandoned, but i woulent exactly recommend using it.

vote for what OP should install
strawpoll.me/16062989

terry is making CPUs according to that one catch-up vid he deleted

Win7 has never given me a BSoD in the 9 years I've used it.

Fedora

>0.01 poocoins deposited
my god at this rate you just might be able to feed your family rakesh

A buffoon in a mack.

>R9
>when R7 300 series was being talked about

The original statement was that "pre-400 series are shit on linux"???