What is the worst distro you've ever used?

what is the worst distro you've ever used?

Attached: linux.png (300x184, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yarnpkg.com/en/docs/install#debian-stable
yarnpkg.com/en/docs/install#arch-stable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

arch

Windows

Attached: Rajash.png (653x892, 163K)

OpenSUSE.

It was the worst among: Gentoo, Funtoo, Arch, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Punny, Void, OpenSUSE, Sabayon, Alpine, Mint, Manjaro, Fedora.

Linux mint
I was like 12 years old and couldn't get my WiFi card to work so I had no laptop for 2 weeks

Attached: 6cd863e1afaed8a45b1ba142d88613739ce628a1467da06ee7b45d3a3e90daf3-tech.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Debian
Solus

This, ironically.

Lindows. It crashed during the install. Still gives me nightmares.

Linux

Solus

Can't believe I got shilled into trying it by Kevin or whoever it was in these threads

Debian stable, testing or unstable?

Gentoo

Plebian. Followed by Fedora followed by Suse.

This, but I haven't used many other distros.
Mint was a shit-show for me.
Random shit would just stop fucking working,
or start out broken.

spbp

mint would give me random error messages all the fucking time.

OpenSuse. Even gentoo has better out of the box functionality than that piece of shit.

Xubuntu gave me generic error messages with default config that neither vanilla Ubuntu nor xfce (with varying degrees of customization) on other distros gave. So I'll say that.

Debian Stable

out of all the distros that have an XFCE as a default DE, Xubuntu was the worst I've used. Manjaro XFCE (official build) was much better.

This. I tried it on my desktop and the motherfucking mouse driver was not working. I was using a normal mouse and it didn't seem to want to interface with it.

Android

Antergos
its literally a bug itself

Unironically this.
Literally poor man's gentoo with even more autism.

winblows 8.1.I got gifted with microsoft tablet pc from my mom that had that shit on

manjaro. solus is very close.

Linux generally sucks without an OS to run it in.

you're mom

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA

xDDDDDDDDD

Attached: stock-photo-7712256-cool-kid.jpg (338x507, 87K)

I don't recall as all of the ones i used were GOOD in their own ways.

The only difference was basically the package manager.

Tried different flavours too like GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE, MATE etc.

Plebian, never was able to get through shitty installer which for no reason connect to own slow ass servers to finish installation. Also fucked things up when tried to upgrade from stretch to busted.

But when you get things done Debian without gui for servers is the best choice. Stable and fast at reboots.

kubuntu
OP asked for "worst distro", not "distro that made you mad because you couldn't install it".

This. Literally no reason to use it over Debian or Gentoo.

I've been using Debian for years and the installer has mostly worked flawlessly for me.

Ubuntu and Linux Mint as of last week. Both pushed out a kernel update to 4.15 that broke installs. Besides that, Ubuntu 18.04 has to be the most unpolished release since 12.04. Sad how far gone Ubuntu has gotten.

Buh-b-but plebian makes me add one word to all my repos to get non-free codecs. And if I have to install something from source it's not spoon-fed to me by an a user repository that isn't checked completely enough to check for malware. And those old security updated packages they always work I can't stand it!

yellow dog linux
on a ps3 p h a t
it's the worst cause the court cases...

Slackware. Didn't come with working wifi stuff so spent hours working getting that to work. Then went through dependency hell for the next several hours installing basic Apache server.

Course I was a noob at the time.

stop being retarded then, Mint works just fine for me

>what is the worst distro you've ever used?
unironically Ubuntu

the launcher is just forced shit

fuck off.
i didn't say i was literate or even use linux anymore.
i'm windows for life until i have a good fucking reason to try linux again.

Attached: archuser.png (1465x1007, 117K)

Ubuntu is the worse distro. After kernel update old kernels are not removed so your boot partition can get full. If it gets full during update, ubuntu wont be able to revert the update and fail to boot. If it's able to boot it will be unable to update in the future; breaking apt-get completely.
This happened at work to everybody...

Arch doesn't have this issue.
Arch is the only distro that has all packages I need.

For ubuntu you have to hunt for ppa on the web, just like hunting for software on windows.
Installing software is unnecessarily complicated, so you end up copy-pasting commands for installation. Software includes installation guide for ubuntu because ubuntu is not straight-forward.
Example, ubuntu/debian vs any other distro:
yarnpkg.com/en/docs/install#debian-stable
yarnpkg.com/en/docs/install#arch-stable

>apt-get autoremove

We tried that, didn't work. Only fix was to manually remove kernel files from boot partition (rm). Making sure not to remove the wrong files..

Im talking about after you've done the update, where you are stuck with broken system

while i dont personally like ooboontoo, i've never had that particular issue. I typically put my /boot's on a flashdrive though, so I cant 100% refute your comment

>ITT insecure Arch manchildren in a thread about subjective opinions

Attached: 1333137820033.png (383x321, 25K)

Redhat and Fedora

Any distro is better than ubuntu/debian, not only arch.

Arch allows you to set up your system exactly as you want it. There's no obnoxious branding, no point releases, no pie-in-the-sky devs, no corporatists. I see no problem with this. If you don't like it, there are literally hundreds of other distros.

Debian stable, outdated as fuck drivers.
Ubuntu on weak computers.
Arch, but after not updating after a few weeks or so. I had to fix Arch a lot since upstream software might as well be broken. Plus that shit was eating way too much ram.

>No settings manager. A translucent frosted glass sidebar.

> Repo server slow as snail.

> Frequently used optiobs buried under 3 level deep menu.

> Desktop has to high contrasting colors.

> Workflow too complicated.

> Frosted shit glass everywhere.

Deepin Desktop. The only desktop that is worse than GNOME 3. Deepin Linux, worse Linux distro ever.

Manjaro

Also this distro is made by Chinese which mean that it is basically a botnet and spyware

W0t

deepin is /csg/

This.

mint

Isn't that like every thread on/g/? This place is so fucking retarded, comedy is the only positive aspect

Ubuntu, Just Nothing Works™

I fucking HATED openSUSE. A prof in school decided it was a good distro for us to learn on.
Not Redhat. Not Debian. Fucking SUSE.
It was the slowest pile of shit I've ever used; with a package manager that blew dead dog dicks. Fuck openSUSE.

I only tried Kubuntu and Mint.
Kubuntu was shit, nothing worked.
Switched to Mint, comfy af.

Attached: 1530113112944.jpg (640x640, 40K)

>le arch is hard to install meme xDD

arch

I tried mint, Manjaro (xfce, kde) and openSUSE (KDE). The latter was a shit show I have drivers not working and can't save my Wi-Fi password.

my prof in school decided we should learn scripting with centOS. basically /ourguy/

Why?

Vista was slow but stable. ME was somewhat fast but unstable. I'm not sure which was worse, but both sucked and necessitated an upgrade to the previous version.

Mandrake was the new hotness back in the day, it sucked.
OpenSolaris was way worse, but that's because I'm shit on Solaris. I could never find anything.

>>>/reddit/

Oh no you have to enter 3 more lines of literal copy paste than not so hard. You make it seem like you're using source packages that you have to update manually. With the provided instructions you can to treat it like a normal package. You're basically using a false analogy since the ubunto instructions are not that different than using aur without yaourt except you can't auto update it w/o yaourt. You can if your add a repo to downstream in Deb/Ubuntu. SO like aur you can with minimal effort install 3rd party packages. It's just in your example arch had yarn in it's repos by default.

Man, that would have been nice.

damn small linux. Even mpv was fucked up.

I forgot this one. It was balls.

unironically ubuntu. it's so sLOW with EVERY desktop environment and the MINIMAL installation has 1200 packages installed out of box!! i used to love ubuntu but as soon as i switched to a better distro i realized how absolutely shitty it is. it's not even good as a beginner distro -- if you're a beginner just get fedora or something

Attached: into the trash it goes.jpg (173x200, 18K)

Manjaro
Any flavor of Ubuntu

Why are you lying on the internet? I've had zero problems using Debian (from sid to stable) and Gentoo. Meanwhile, I've had pacman break along with X on Arch. Maybe the developers of Arch should focus on making their distro usable instead of bleeding edge.

Exactly

I hate to say it, but I guess it has to be Debian. I couldn't get out of dependency hell, so I gave up and installed Manjaro. So far haven't had any issues with it!
Another distrib that I couldn't set up was Alpine. For some reason all png images were blurry and all UI was fucked up in Firefox. And no one seems to have had that problem other than me, so I honestly don't know what I was doing wrong.

Ubuntu.

>Manjaro
>manjaro
>Manjaro
>Manjaro

What problems have you had with Manjaro? I've been using it on four different machines for over six months now and haven't had any issues.

whoops, sorry about first

Fucked audio quality
Virtual Machines would stop working every other update
Unstable MATE
I can go on

Werks on mine machine, while ubuantu - didn't

>fucked audio
With alsa or pulseaudio? Never had any problems with alsa. Are you sure it wasn't long ago?

I've installed some versions of Manjaro only to find it was broken after a clean install.
It's as if Manjaro's goal is to make GNU/Linux look as bad as possible.

Debian or Void. Too close to call.

Pulseaudio.
Replacing it with alsa made it even worse.
It was about 5 months ago

Debian. It's just and unstable version of Ubuntu with bug ridden outdated packages.

It is true you need to do a bit of tweaking after install, but not to a ridiculous extent. Nowhere as bad as with debian at least.

Strange. I don't recall experiencing any problems at that time.

Gentoo. Can't wait for compilation times, life is too short.
Void. Slow as frack package manager.

Been a happy Arch user for almost 10 years now. I don't rice. I just put dwm on it and get along with my life. Has never given me problems.

Ubuntu or Mint. Both felt like wannabe-Windows that want to hide everything without a gui from the user which makes it annoying as hell to fix things.

It's been a few years since i tried them though, maybe it changed.

What stability issues and bugs have you had in Debian?

He's talking out of his arse. I can feel his hands trembling at the question.

SourceMage.Holy fucking cringe-fest.It's like, Harry Potter contracted AIDS and made a Linux distro.

>It is true you need to do a bit of tweaking after install, but not to a ridiculous extent. Nowhere as bad as with debian at least.
by "broken" I mien that a package conflict stops their Mate edition from updating even though it was a new install.

you know it's highly unlikely Canonical will grow a fucking brain and make a distro for people other than tech illiterate retards.
They probably plan on Snap replacing apt-get in Ubuntu.

To be honest it probably boils down to my hardware combination. Nothing much you can do. Debian with no issues with a few minor tweaks, Manjaro was just unsalvageable.

openSUSE

win10

Ubuntu doesn't recognize my wifi board for some reason.