Give me one reason I shouldn't give up programming as a career and become a bartender

Give me one reason I shouldn't give up programming as a career and become a bartender

Attached: why-contain-it-30023620.png (500x890, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAc-yNX8MYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bars dont hire men anymore

You'll get paid more with age as a programmer.

two words: reverse engineering

this
think about your future faggot

This: If programming is not your thing, there are a lot of tech jobs you can try: sysadmin, database admin, analyst, etc.

Just find the job that you really love to do.

Don't. I gave up bartending to become a programmer.

Bartender its of the jobs with most job dissatisfaction ever, and considering we are in Jow Forums of all places you are probably an autist that hates people too

So you have the self satisfaction of having some kind of skill

Bartending is a skill, no?

You have to memorize a lot of drink names and it'll be embarassing if someone comes up to you and requests a drink that you do not recognize

Not one I'd be proud of, though to be fair we are comparing it to codemonkeying.

You'd have to deal with people, drunk people

Anyone find it sad that some dude at walmart/kroger (depending on location) can make more per hr than some dude working for a company for 5+ yrs. With the Walmart/Kroger dude end up having less stress/bullshit to put up with on top of it. Heard some places are paying them 15 per hour. Goddammit!

Working as a bartender can be fun and it is one of those jobs where anywhere of any worth you move to you could get a job doing it. Same with restaurant work. It is not something you want as a career unless you own that fucking bar and even then good luck. I part time as a bartender with very good clientele and we make amazing beer on site. I do it for fun and to get cheap/free beer. I got a growler of KBS 2016 in the fridge right now.

I get paid 14$ an hour to throw your boxes into trucks at amazon. It's pretty nice.

Attached: 1465929875849.jpg (645x773, 87K)

TREAT MY STUFF CAREFULLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER

WE JOHN ELWAY YOUR BOXES IN CHRISTMAS

Attached: 1524078961985.jpg (181x182, 9K)

MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: 1513430294691.png (772x804, 414K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YAc-yNX8MYk

Not any better at Fed Ex. We just throw them in to meet the deadline for the trucks going out. Only "Careful" about it is making sure the stupid box goes in the right bay. Other then that, it's
>Scan box from belt
>Throw box to the side
>Repeat
>Finish by throwing boxes in the truck, usually with 5 minutes before they need to roll out.

Not to mention the driver is usually too crunched for time to bother handling them properly, and sometimes they re-arrange them in the truck so the small shit on the top bay falls to the floor on sharp turns. Just file a claim on it bro.

>t. Fed Ex monkey

Robots will take yer jerbs soon enough, you blue collar chumps.

is this true? i do feel like i've been seeing way more women bar tenders the past few years. the hotter they are the worse they are at paying attention to the customers

I imagine it's nice if you run a quiet bar with lots of regulars who chat with you.

except not, because if you're not software architect by the time you're 35 you can kiss your career goodbye.

You are allowed to lie about your age.

mid 30s is when your hair starts to grey, son.

>dyes hair silver

Guess my age now, mother fucker

Attached: style-2011-05-silver-fox-silver-fox_300x430.jpg (800x1147, 100K)

you're probably not cute enough to be a bartender

in 5-10 years the alt right will really rise to power and your age will be guessed as faggot and your only job prospect will be biodiesel.

I can't. Be a bartender. Make the world a better place.

Attached: 18226258-34984340_10155832185028440_4189357958611599360_o.jpg (1080x1350, 58K)

>grows some stubble to go with dyed hair

Haha now I'm young looking and sexy as fuck.

Attached: men-dying-hair-black-hair-color-black-men-top-men-haircuts.jpg (1024x1377, 828K)

Sounds like equally bad options, desu.

Do it, I love less competition.

in 10-15 years antifa will really rise to power and your penis and butthole will be made property of the state and you will be forced to perform as an equal opportunity fuccboy to the underpriviledged because you're too hot.

You sure do think about gay stuff a lot.

>Computer programmer

You have to memorize alot of instructions and it'll be embarassing if you input them incorrectly and the computer doesn't recognize them.

>the state of white race

>not actually in the field
you're clearly wearing the wrong socks

>not a fag
get out

>t. pajeet
the price of working urban sanitation systems

what's so great about that

The bartenders at the restaurant I worked at would just go back in the kitchen and look it up on their phone.

A good reason to keep programming is to enjoy it more than being a bartender. If that isn't the case, then go ahead.

Attached: archer legs.png (1308x1680, 974K)

Do you know what a beriut triple is?

You should. Get out when you can.
>Be me
>The (female) project managers at my work petition to have new diversity director position created
>She is hired. Blue hair short bangs. Septum piercing.
>Oh God, No.
>Have multihour one on ones when she first starts. I just want to be working. Tell her I see our workplace as fairly inclusive (I am Black)
>She tries to explain to me that I may have just internalized a culture that wasn't really made to include me
>That comment feels like the most racist thing anyone has ever said to me at work.
>Notice new hour long recurring calendar invite Tuesday mornings
>She is the organizer. "A more inclusive culture: it starts with you'
>The first one was this Tuesday.
>An hour of her going line by line through code and internal documentation, telling us why different things were "problematic"
>Now in addition to actual work, we will be able to make things more inclusive and count it as work
>That's all the two female Junior devs have done the rest of this week. Creating tickets and then "fixing"
>The diversity director keeps wanting to meet with me more. Tries to get me to "open up" to her
>Feel like my colleagues think I am trying to leverage my minority status
>All I want to do is write code

Just say you write code, and the other stuff isn't your job

nice digits

work from home

look for a new job, it doesn't get better.

Allowing women to enter the workforce was a mistake.

If you have to ask you probably should.

She wants the bbc

I'm just scared I'll end up at a company where the dominant culture is Marvel movies and FunkoPops.