Is Python cgi a good choice for web development?

Is Python cgi a good choice for web development?

Attached: images (3).jpg (430x282, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tour.golang.org
golang.org/doc/articles/wiki/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install django

python cgi is GREAT for quick-and-dirty one-pagers, and you can get by with it for e.g. a personal or group-of-coworkers/buddies webapp with a database "back-end"

if you want something to serve a company-size group of people, and don't need to much fancy stuff, use flask. could get away with sqlite files for this level of stuff

if you want a nice platform for proof-of-principle for a commercial webapp, use Django. mysql DB back-end will be good at this level

if you prove your principle and sell it for a billion dollars, hand your django code over to engineers to reimplement it in java servlets with an oracle DB backend

>is suicide a good choice for birth control?

>jelly php idiot detected

Php works and has well-established frameworks
With pyhon and automatically django, because that's what all he mothbreathers use, you only have a clusterfuck

php works really well at writing unreadable spaghetti cancer code

python has other good frameworks besides django. flask is good. and for a bunch of little websites i've made for my coworkers to use, python cgi did the trick just great. and the python cgi troubleshooter is fucking great

If you want to make shitty websites, yeah.

if you want to make "shitty" websites quicky that do what you need them to do without working on them for 96 hours, then yes, python cgi gives you the ability to make them (with a nice interface to a DB backend) in a few minutes

what's your preferred alternative? PersonalHomePage? the 90's relic that sucks total balls?

ruby on rails is making a comeback you idiots gave up market share

not OP but i appreciate this response. thanks m8

Write it in Go

Nope it's terrible for anything other than 1 pager 'app' memes
php7 is also much faster

>if you prove your principle and sell it for a billion dollars, hand your django code over to engineers to reimplement it in java servlets with an oracle DB backend

Gross. At least I'd be handing it off.

>php
fossil detected

>python is new

>java servlets

Java consultant here,

servlets are but a footnote these days. they're like 2 layers of abstraction down.

I know y'all make fun of java but damn it's true, but it's a good thing!

super simple shit: php
if you wanna a simple state or sockets: node
any complex project: java

but most people don't need to do web development. just install a cms like wordpress or someshit.

sweet, somebody who knows industry!

what have servlets evolved into (i.e. what things inherit from "abstract" servlets) these days?

in my line of work we still maintain some vanilla servlet stuff, but admittedly we're not like facebook or google or whatnot

(PS: only brainlets make fun of java for production-scale industrial webapps)

>what have servlets evolved into

there's no real direct analogue anymore, it's just called Spring Boot (the technology wraps everything from persistence to security), and then you slap on a templating engine like thymeleaf to stand in for JSPs.

If you wanna play with it just select Initializr in intellij, and in like 10 minutes you can have a REST api with a database going if you know what you're doing.

pretty nifty stuff.

yea it's sad how fucking shit and slow cms are

I can't wait till go replaces your java

tour.golang.org

also, golang.org/doc/articles/wiki/