Wake up

>Wake up
>See this
>What do

Attached: fired wtf.jpg (648x504, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

corporate.findlaw.com/human-resources/washington-is-an-at-will-state-isn-t-it.html
usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2018/07/11/former-apple-employee-charged-self-driving-car-data-theft/774643002/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mail your badge, find new job?

cancel all orders on amazon
edit resume.tex

Cum on your badge and uniform, leaving sparkly stains all over.

Install gentoo

Find another job.

Finding a job is a job.

Tell them to give you a reason for your firing in a professional manner or go fuck themselves.

What did you fuck up?

>what do
Get a new job, try not fuck up again.

Call to confirm (make sure you're using the right number, not just the one in the e-mail), file for unemployment and then start looking for a new source of income.

get a lawyer

What did you fuck up, user?

Fired via email is unprofessional in my opinion - I'd call HR to confirm if it is legitimate or not.

>file for unemployment
skip this step unless you have family

THEY WONT TELL ME

>Effective immediately
>Supposed to give two weeks notice
Who could be behind this

it doesn't work like that matey.

Please take your shitty thread over to

>We will mail your check to you once we receive your uniform.

Assuming that's the US, that's incredibly illegal. If you're fired in the US, they have 48 hours to get your final check to you, after which there is a daily penalty of several hundred dollars. The government doesn't look kindly on unpaid labor (aka slavery).

Good thing this shit isn't legal where I live

>If you're fired in the US
As a Federal employee, maybe. Otherwise what matters is which state you're fired in. Each have their own labor laws.

I heard Burgeristan has some states with "at-will" employment where you can be terminated on the spot. Perhaps OP is in one of those states.

Still is a penis-like move by OP company. At least tell the fellow why they are letting go.

Washington State

Part-time

1. Apply for Unemployment Benefits.
2. Apply for federal student loans.
3. Enroll in a community college.
4. Prepare for the zombie apocalypse.

corporate.findlaw.com/human-resources/washington-is-an-at-will-state-isn-t-it.html
>Under most circumstances, Washington is an at-will state, which means that either the employer or the employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and with our without cause.
I am sorry, mate.

Virtually all US states are at-will. As for telling them why, that just widens the door for unlawful termination lawsuits. It's better to leave OP as little evidence as possible for illegal labor practices.

Kill yourself

>latex to make a resume
>wears a uniform to work

could be the case that they pay him for his remaining weeks and tell him not to come in as it's better than having OP sabotaging the workplace or doing no work

>badge and uniform
Politely thank them for forcing you to find a job that isn't garbage

Realize I'm still dreaming and try to wake up for real this time.

realize it's a phishing email

Enjoy the NEET life

accept your fate, move on and find a new (better) job

Leave that job off your resume.

Go back to sleep.

why would you ever turn down free money

none of us here need it, we've all saved up
other people need it more

Eh, it's one of those occasions where the damage is already done--now it's just mitigation.

In a way, it's a blessing that they supposedly never told you why or gave any disciplinary action, because then you can feign ignorance for prospective jobs.

If you truly were let go under good graces, then you can go back to a manager or co-worker for references. If you know you fucked up, then you can just say no one ever got back to you and pretend they were actually a shitty company.

>Week before I start working, old IT manager who hired me quit
>New IT manager was a dick who never bothered to get his hands dirty
>One day, make a joke about how he's a terrible dad for not letting his kids get a dog
>In reality, his dog got out and got hit by a car
>I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but he was also snooping with my internet history
>Last day of the year, after spending a shitton of money on Christmas, over him with accounting
>'Are you sure?'
>'Yeah"
>Next thing I know they're handing me a severance check (thank god)
>Eventually get a job at a similar company
>Granted I'm paid less, but company policies are a lot more lax
>Previous company is currently going bottom-up

Just roll with the punches OP. There's always places for fuck-ups like us.

Attached: 1271196543260.jpg (264x256, 40K)

Find new job and this time dont look at shadbase at work.

I most places have at-will for breaches of contract when the terms of the contract permit firing. In most places, the company has to provide evidence that this has happened, and notify you as to exactly what you did wrong, or face wrongful termination suits.
Otherwise notice period firing.

>Firing without a reason
>Wont tell a reason even after the request
This is why you need unionisation

Fucking based lel.

I know in Texas it is illegal to hold the final paycheck for any reason if you are fire. They have six days to get it to you. Texas being a cuckservative state, I'd imagine they would be the most lenient for this kind of shit. I'd imagine a lot of state prohibit this.

>fired over an email
lolwut

"the right to work" can be fired in any scenario
unironically the most successful states are all "the right to work" they don't have to follow stupid memes in hiring etc

>resume.tex
BASED

Welp. I guess they were laying off employees and you didn't make the cut. Such is life, but move on from that and find yourself a new job. Preferably full time now that you have some experience.

Yeah, but employees can still retaliate if they feel they've been fired without due cause. It's not like companies stop tiptoeing around terminations just because they don't need a reason to term somebody.

Also define successful.

Implying you know anything about anyone's financial situation on this board.

i think i speak for all of us when i say we're gainfully employed w/ TC 210k saving 50% gross

This is the most brutal firing letter I've ever seen. Most place are supposed to use a nice polite placeholder firing letter.

They found out about the loli stash you've been storing in their servers, nigger. You're screwed.

probably should have done your job properly OP

Move onto an actual job.

A badge + uniform means you were working some sort of shitty hourly service job, so at the very least you can just go be a janitor somewhere else.

make sure its legit and call your work. DONT call the number here, call the number you know is real and confirm. if it is, find job

Jokes one them. I haven't had a proper job since 2006.

Attached: 1308554094406.jpg (450x325, 23K)

>effective immediately
How is this legal exactly? Don't you have a contract?
Feels goo being in the EU where this kind of thing isn't legal

tfw comfy europoor

>In the first month, the contract can be terminated for any reason by either party.
>After that, either party can declare termination at any time, and after one month, the contract will be terminated.
>After working for one year, either party can declare termination at any time, and after three months, the contract will be terminated.
>In the case of gross misconduct or negligence on either side, the victim party may terminate the contract immediately.

I only make 50k/y tho, so I guess it's a compromise for your 100k starting

Employment laws in the US are so fucked haha. There's this thing called "notice period" they're meant to give you in civilized countries...unless of course you done fucked up OP and stole some shit? Do tell.

GIRLS LOVE A MAN IN UNIFORM

Attached: 1480024428017.jpg (250x250, 11K)

>your
I am not in Burgeristan. Strangely enough, even though I am living in third world SEA, our laws are the same as Yuropoors.

-Probation for ~3 months. Termination by either party can be immediate.
-Post probation, termination must be accompanied by a notice period (typically 3 months)

Maybe you need to land on the moon before you remove these laws?

>3 month vacation after 1 year of pissing off your boss
so this is the power... of the EU

APPLE JUST ARRESTED A CHINAMAN TRYING TO SNEAK SECRETS BACK TO THE HIVE

FOR WHAT REASON SHOULD CHINESE EVER BE TRUSTED

usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2018/07/11/former-apple-employee-charged-self-driving-car-data-theft/774643002/

Attached: 1531108274166.gif (627x502, 941K)

what if he's a gimp?

professional masochist LaTeX2

>not already having an employment-dependent logic bomb in the system

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1080, 71K)

not showing up twice is gross misconduct, so you can be booted during notice.

In the UK notice is usually only a month, but you also have to have a good reason. Must have given previous written warnings etc if it’s because they did something wrong.

>3 month vacation
You continue to work during those three months, or else you can opt to be terminated without pay.

haw haw haw

It’s free fucking money. Fuck your job, get the unemployment free cash.

Cuck

Use your backdoor to extremely subtly sabotage their systems, framing someone else.
IT forensic contractors are usually very good so don't be a moron about it.

No really, in a few occasions the company may put you on garden leave.

And the unemployment benefits suck. At least in first world countries you get paid, 80% of your salary.

It's Gmail.
Report spam, go into work as normal.

If it's real they can fucking call you.

>uniform
Lmao

thanks dad

>enjoy my free time
>wait a week until they call desperately asking me to come back
>accept with a significant pay rise
its happened once before and it will happen again

Attached: 1529957712983.jpg (499x499, 97K)

>Please mail your uniform

Attached: 1517792762992.png (680x680, 416K)

I got that at my last job. Fired by email too. "We're going in a different direction with ---------computers."

Never was actually told why. They also tried to fuck me out of severance pay.

>immediately terminated
On what grounds? I might need to contact the union lawyers about illegal firing unless you have some good reasons. Not telling is illegal too.

There's also a one month notice period and I have unspent vacation days so you owe me pay for those.

>mail
>check
lol this isn't some third world country. Just pay it to my bank account and send the salary slip to my email as usual.

After these it's smooth sailing
>get the unemployment benefits rolling
>enjoy my free time for a few months
>ask around friends to find about cool new projects
>get hired