Tfw sitting in server room 10h/day gave me tinnitus

>tfw sitting in server room 10h/day gave me tinnitus
just fucking kill me already

Attached: 1521482388159.jpg (180x157, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bib.irb.hr/datoteka/820381.Noise_within_a_Data_Center.pdf
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-34982844
drnagler.supporttopics.com/?forum=466693
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not wearing earplugs

Your work should provide you with ear protection, assuming you haven't broken into a server room just to shitpost

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

If your workplace didn't recommend or require hearing protection then you should be able to sue them.

How big is the server room? I have tinnitus and actually find it soothing to sit in them, but I haven’t been in an enterprise-scale server room yet.

Never thought about that. Has anyone ever recorded the ambiance of a server room?

It literally makes me angry to see people who have terrible issues that were easily preventable by doing things that you're told to do since you were a fucking kid

>skin cancer
You shouldn't have tanned. You should've been wearing sunscreen. Shithead.

>tinnitus
You should've been wearing earplugs or over-ear muffs. Especially if the noise is on your fucking job

>eye damage
You should've been wearing safety glasses.

Why the fuck is this shit so hard for people

Attached: 1486696484377.png (649x611, 639K)

neat

bib.irb.hr/datoteka/820381.Noise_within_a_Data_Center.pdf

Attached: preview.jpg (1346x957, 307K)

dude I have a 3 inch micromachine and when I turn that fucker on it sounds like a 747 is trying to take off but can't because it's not actually a 747 it's just two turbines bolted to the tarmac blowing on some xeons.

Whatever dude
I got mine form an infection when I was 15yo
Tinnitus is not so bad if you het used to it
Sadly the getting used to it takes years
So good luck op

Attached: SAMHYDEBURN.jpg (639x960, 47K)

There's no cure for this shit right? You just have to force your brain to block it out?

Yeah

Depends, but considering you got yours from hearing damage... No
Also it's possible it will go away after some years or days.
Just get yourself busy and try not too think about it.
If you really can't concentrate and nothing helps use ritalin.

I developed tinnitus one day out of the blue and generally lived a life of quiet. Never listened to music, never even had a pair of headphones, room was always 30dB or less, just peace and quiet. Then one day, I'm lying in bed and all of a sudden, ringing. Sometimes, your body just deteriorates. I feel bad for ya, OP, but what can we do?

It can be cured if the cause is not hearing damage. High blood pressure can cause it, so blood thinners can cure it in that case.

You probably can't be cured. My advice is to download a rain sounds app and play it on your phone to sleep. All the good apps have timers that let you set the noise to turn off after an hour or so, when you're asleep. Helps to save battery.

Attached: 1494604695047.gif (540x304, 497K)

Not OP but those noise shit makes my tinnitus only worse.
Also my audiologist told me not to listen to those because it brings the awareness of it back.

Attached: 5TYqHny7WXRiQN_zbQJt6xg9Elj8MZcZMaVoRb05kdQ.png (344x442, 208K)

A rain sounds app is not going to make tinnitus worse unless you play it super loud. Mine plays through the phone speaker while the phone is o my desk and I'm in bed. It is more quiet than actual rain.

Why were you working in the server room?
Its too loud

No the thing is that it actually bring the ringing from background to foreground
So now I'm hearing my tinnitus clear as fucking day plus the shitty white noise

well theirs is physiological while yours is probably neurological

Reminder that some people have it so bad they have to kill themselves-

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-34982844

just go on a busy highway at 100km/h and hold a recorder out the window

*kffhmm*
Pussies
The Motörhead's head singer never wore earplugs

Attached: 1527046298311.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

i have a bit of tinnitus, not /that/ bad, but enough that i can understand how that could happen

sue your fucking employer

>tinnitus
I've had it since birth, it's only bad if there's no noise at all.

I've had it for about 12 years now. Some days it's very noticeable. Other days it fades to background. Just ignore it and get back to work. Who gives a shit.

>be process worker for food company
>on floor for about 7 hours a day
>okay
>wife needs medical bills paid
>we had the money, but it wasn't cheap
>want to be financially safe
>decide to take on night shift too
>another 4 hours on floor because I already do day
>nearly half the day on floor with loud machines and people shouting to one another
>ears are (probably) mostly fine

>tfw using the computer(s) at home all the time did that to me.

Attached: 1510996525751.png (321x480, 235K)

I've had it as long as i can remember its not that bad, you learn to live with it.

Wonder why he is dead now.

How can you act so sure that it isn't actually a 747 tho? Did you REALLY check?

I JUST got tinnitus a few weeks ago. out of nowhere. is in my left ear. could it be because my pc is next to me on my table and that it has a quiet humming sound? i mean, it's really quiet, but noticeable. what are the odds?

Natural selection takes care of them.

Unless your pc is constantly outputting 85db of noise straight into your ear, unlikely.

also the chance you have tinnitus = 0

nah, its like 45db.
ya, i guess it isn't loud enough for that.
but pretty sure i have it, considering the high pitches EEEEEEEEEEE i have. also, what the doctor said. i just really hope it goes away on its own soon.

Your case might be related to your blood vessels

>IT support guy walks into server room
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>door closes
>silence
I sit like 10 ft away from that room and I'm glad there is no traffic to it, other wise I would be finding another job as soon as possible.

dude was 70 years old drinking, smoking, and still playing on stage

>not having tinnitus since birth
haha pleb

Attached: __reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou_drawn_by_pilky__f2a7e83d151126ec4a2718248c2449d3.jpg (750x627, 113K)

Could just be ear wax. Just see a doctor and if he says there's a lot in there go get some oil for it. Don't let him syringe it if he recommends that.

>install linux
>shit tier audio crackles
>develop tinnitus
Can i sue linus?

Just use ear protection whenever you can.
As a Rock guitarist, I regret I haven't started sooner - most of the time it isn't THAT annoying, but on flareups it can get REALLY REALLY bad.
So much so that it feels like there are huge speakers blasting that high-pitched noise right next to my ears.

Use earplugs, they're really cheap.

Don't use aspirin or benzos, they make it worse.

Yikes, how noisy could a desktop PC be to induce tinnitus?

>work in logistics.
>Listen to loud machines droning all day long
>wear earplugs
>everyone looks at me like I'm fucking retarded and asks me about them
Americans, man... Maybe I should pretend I can't hear them.

Anecdotally, benzos really help with mine.

LSD works for me
Weed does too but it gives my paranoia

Attached: 1500844548243.png (222x293, 148K)

Only pussies use protection

Developing tinnitus is like developing cancer
It's a fucking lottery

Attached: zczx.png (500x500, 658K)

And this is why we haven't run out of stupid people.

benzos help with a lot of things, until you have to get off them

While it may be like a lottery, you should buy as few tickets as possible. My dad almost never wears ear protection or sunscreen, and now he's got tinnitus and has had skin cancer twice.

>You should've been wearing safety glasses.
the goggles, zey do nossing

I unironically hope he dies. I also hope smokers get lungcancer and die a horrible and protracted death

>You should've been wearing sunscreen
You mean the one that gives you cancer, on the one that makes you infertile, or the kind that messes with your hormones?
You have do some serious shopping around before you find sunscreen that doesn't do that.

t. antivaxxer

>gets brain cancer
Well, you shouldn't have trust the FCC with their poor tested standards.

Attached: 1527990621601-Ω.jpg (223x225, 8K)

It's okay to tell people you're afraid of the day carpal tunnel and back issues show up from being a keyboard warrior.

I know your pain OP. I measured where I sit with a decibel meter and got 96db. I wear those sound dampening ear can things now.

Jesus, where do you sit?

what's the deal with musicians/clubs and loud music? doesn't it bother them when their hearing is damaged?

Right next to 4 server racks, it used to be quieter but then we got several 4 socket xeon platinum servers (pre release but the embargo has been lifted since ~september). We also have a few xeon phi blade servers that sound like a fleet of 747s taking off.

Trade off is it's constantly around 20° so it's always nice and cool.

Same shit here, one day my left ear had that full feeling, next day it was gone replaced with tinnitus. Lovely shit.

There’s one called the Zeng treatment which is basically just a wavy brown note that you play in earbuds. It’s pretty good. Only temporary relief though

No, it doesn't

SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU

underrated post

Sunscreen can be 100% avoid if you're that autistic about it.

Get UPF-rated clothing (UPF 50 is best)
>Long sleeve shirt - they make lightweight, breathable shirts out of polyester
>Long pants - Columbia makes UPF rated pants for hiking, backpacking, etc. Other companies do too
>wide brim hat
Those will cover ~95% of your skin, only leaving your hands and neck exposed. And if you're really particularly autistic and don't want to use sunscreen at all
>they have UPF gloves - Outdoor Research makes them, as does Coolibar. Super thin, lightweight, "barely there" gloves to keep sun off
>you can get a UPF neck gaiter - Outdoor Research, Coolibar, Columbia, a lot of companies make these

And that's if you actually need to be out in the sun. Literally the first thing any skin cancer pamphlet or website or dermatologist will tell you is just
>avoid being in the sun in the middle of the day
>seek shade

No sunscreen required. No special clothing required.

>While it may be like a lottery, you should buy as few tickets as possible.
This is an extremely good way to put it.

Everyone, no matter what they do or eat or what protection they use, starts out with a few tickets. But, by having a shitty diet you get more tickets. By smoking you get more tickets. By tanning or letting yourself get sunburned or even just regular exposure to the sun you get more tickets.

See above^ you can limit your chances dramatically with some simple precautions.

I always wonder the same thing. That's one of the biggest reason why I don't like concerts, bars, clubs, hell even loud restaurants. I don't want fucking hearing damage.

Go to home depot or lowes or what the fuck ever and get the box of orange 3M ear plugs with an NRR (noise reduction) of 30. It's like $4. Or get some Surefire earplugs, a little nicer and reusable, for like $20. You can save yourself a lot of heartache later.

A lot of people have that retarded "hurr protecting yourself is stupid" idea in their head. See . He's trolling but there are people who actually, literally think like that.

The correct response is, if they ask about the earplugs then tell them about the earplugs. Maybe they want to start wearing them too. If they make fun of you, just laugh it off because ultimately they don't give a single shit about your earplugs and nor should you. Hell, they're probably just trying to make conversation because shipping or warehouse work has got to be one of the most fucking boring jobs in existence.

>You mean the one that gives you cancer, on the one that makes you infertile, or the kind that messes with your hormones?
Already replied but now I'm actually curious

>the one that gives you cancer
Pretty sure you're talking about avobenzone
>the one that makes you infertile
Titanium dioxide?
>the kind that messes with your hormones
Zinc oxide?

Or are you talking about others?

Make sure you're wearing ear plugs or over-ear protection with at least a 24dB NRR. An NRR of 30 would be even more ideal.

i sometimes still get that full feeling in addition to the fucking EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this is like some dnd curse like shit.

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

when i become conscious of my hearing or feel ears i hear ringimg too, but it goes away onve i forget about it so does thst means i have tinnitus too? or is it normal?

Better than working next to the flightline all the time and jets taking off at random. Background noise doesn’t even override it anymore

That's literally what tinnitus is. Yours probably very mild since you can ignore it that easily

I like my tinnitus...

That’s tinnitus. The fact that you can ignore it quickly means it’s either barely there or you’ve just gotten used to it over the years. Mine is LOUD if the room is silent. Otherwise I can ignore it pretty well

to be honest it never bothered me unless ive read about it existance and i became aware that it exists. i mean i found it randomly reading about some medical shit. anyways how do i prevrnt it getting wotse? should i visit doctor?

Years of headphone use probably doesn't help.

It's called permanent Tinitus if you have it longer then 6 months.

God speed OP. Rumors say some supplements lessens the noise.

Losing weight and having lower blood pressure helps a lot too.

Take good care of yourself. It saddens me to see anything happen to you.

any advice tinitus programers how you stay focused when you write code or learning someyhing new?

Tried rain sounds or white noise ?

Do meditation with your tinnitus, focus on it. Let it become worse than normal in a quiet room. It won't seem as bad normally.

Someday in the future we will be able to regrow perfect ears.

drnagler.supporttopics.com/?forum=466693

I've found that this guy gives decent advice. He has LOUD tinnitus and has learned to ignore it.

>sunscreen
my melanin protects me uwu

Dude don't put sunscreen on your balls

The best solution is just to never go outside.

Negras can still get skin cancer, it's just less likely. Even if you're 11:59PM Africa dark, it's still a good idea to protect your skin.

Also prevents premature aging and wrinkles and all that other shit that makes you look like a dog by the time you're 30

Thank you, I will. But I really wish it'd just go away

Attached: 1519210853578.gif (540x603, 188K)

How loud is it OP? Do you hear it all the time?

You'll habituate. It will take months, maybe years, but you will habituate. I've had it for 2 months and I care less and less everyday, to the point that I don't give a shit most of the time.

It's pretty loud, unless I have some music playing I hear it all the time.
Weirdly enough I don't have trouble sleeping. It gets really awful when I'm doing stuff on the computer, it's so distracting, unpleasant and annoying.

why must you people use zero common sense?
does your boss make fun of you for wearing ear protection and it's too much for you to handle?
USE
FUCKING
PROTECTION

>had severe tinnitus for 3 months
>finally went away and only hear it when in bed now

Attached: 1529446594074.png (1053x1080, 362K)

Use earplugs you mongoloid

In one of my work I simply ended up staying at my desk with my shooting earmuffs.

It's made so I can hear if someone is talking, but nothing else.
It's soothing and peaceful.
Try it?

>tfw have tinnitus in my right ear for the last month
>getting my ears cleaned stopped it for a few days
>now it's back
Super fucking annoying. I barely listen to loud music and been to TWO clubs in the last year. What the fuck?

Attached: 1462294913438.jpg (562x561, 26K)

fucking idiots and their low frequency crap