Is there anything better than picrelated on linux?

Is there anything better than picrelated on linux?
Honestly I'd make linux my daily driver if it wasn't for office and adobe.

Attached: libre-office4.png (640x360, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.documentfoundation.org/
go.forrester.com/blogs/13-10-17-office_productivity_software_is_no_closer_to_becoming_a_commodity/
datanyze.com/market-share/office-suites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i moved to libreoffice long time ago on my windows machines

Anyone worth their salt will write their documents using LaTeX. Only plebeians need """Office software""".

Attached: anime pic.jpg (400x465, 71K)

Use LaTex, and Google Docs for spreadsheets/slides.

It's good enough for daily use.

salt is pretty cheap desu senpai

Use google web stuff.

>Implying I don't have Lyx already installed.

But I mean for quick hackjobs, office is enough.

>Google Docs
Leave.

LibreOffice is actually good now. Just learn to use it.

Use LaTeX for documents and slides. In terms of spreadsheets, if LibreOffice Calc can't do it a spreadsheet is probably the wrong thing to use anyway

blog.documentfoundation.org/

6.1 release coming soon

LibreOffice is amazing, are you retarded? If you want something featureless then OnlyOffice. If you want a chink botnet then WPS.

i doubt there's anything "better" than LibreOffice, but if you need to ensure OOXML document compatibility, then MS Office is the only way.

MS Office, Photoshop, and a few major games is what keeps a lot of people from switching to linux. I wouldn't be suprised if MS was paying Adobe
to keep them from making a Linux version.

Google Docs in a browser? It's pretty good.

>Linux version
*Web version.

funny thing is, Microsoft almost shot themselves in the foot by making a capable Office Web app, and then went "hang on... but then people will move away from Windows! i know, let's not implement anything other than basic text editing. phew! that was a close one..."

i don't doubt similar type of stuff is happening behind the scenes at Adobe. Microsoft and Apple will do anything in their power to keep their OS cash flowing.

They literally make full office for mac.

yes, and I'm sure Apple pays them good money to keep doing so. Microsoft making a fully functional Web Office suite would devalue macOS, as well as Windows.

This so fucking much.

Office suite brainlets are so pathetic.

>muh fancy GUI word processing software
txt2tags, troff, Ted
For anything beyond simple tasks use LaTeX

>muh spreadsheet software
sc-imm, gnuplot

>muh Power Point
Magic Point and Beamer, motherfucker

>b-but muh Adobe proprietary ecosystem
Raster: Gimp
Vector: Inkscape
Video editing: Kdenlive

Attached: 1525642517488.jpg (266x280, 21K)

>txt2tags
I want to use this for simple document writing. What do you use for converting into PDF? Pandoc?

I doubt that, It's more like an advertising tactic. Whenever there's a linux-thread on the internet, some people get paid for mentioning some company names.

Personally I'm fond of Calligra.

Attached: Calligra.png (916x282, 79K)

It's not a lot of people. Less than 5% use niche MSO functionality or use any adobe products. 90% of the desktop users would be fine on Linux

I use mandoc because it comes in the base installation. You can also use things like Pandoc and Calibre.

What's wrong with Libre Office?

>that boomer who uses gnuplot for his phd thesis

it's nothing to do with niche MSO functionality, it's about interoperability of document formats, which Microsoft deliberately made impossible to implement for third parties. hardly anyone who uses MS Office uses ODF, which is the biggest problem.

>90% of the desktop users would be fine on Linux
You underestimate normies' need for familiarity with whatever they come into contact with.

>familiarity
Sorry, what? Normies don't use photoshop, how would they be familiar with it? And almost nobody uses office outside of schools/colleges except for opening files.

Better, yes, but closer to Microsoft Office, no. There are different methods to achieve better results, such as using LaTeX, but as far as WYSIWYG stuff, LibreOffice is probably the best.

how stupid do you have to be to use LaTeX as a casual user, you aren't impressing anyone sweetie - you just look dumb.

>And almost nobody uses office outside of schools/colleges
Is this what schoolchildren really think?

WPS, Google Office, OnlyOffice and LibreOffice work fine with Microsoft formats

Prove me wrong. You can't, because a very minor number of adults use any office. Everyone just uses a browser, some games, media players, and maybe torrent clients.

Try not being 12. 99% of offices use MS office.

>offices
What does this have to do with home use?

spbp
I use it for papers, presentations, other documents, pretty much everything.
If it's something relatively short and simple where you don't care that much about formatting, like a report, something like pandoc will do the job even quicker.

>90% of the desktop users would be fine on Linux
I've unironically been saying this for years. Normie-friendly distros have gotten quite good to the point that they "just werk" a lot more than Windows itself.
Look at Linux Mint for example. Everything works out of the box, you have nice big icons for the browser, etc, the familiar drag and drop for files, etc.

>tries to use solver in calc
>limited to linear systems
>doesn't work in any case
Wow, Jow Forums in the right again.

you clearly haven't tried editing and saving with LibreOffice, a DOCX, XLSX or PPTX, created in MS Office.

They really do not.

The opensource software counterparts vs the proprietary difference is close to minimal, the problem lies with habbit. Personally with social media and free advertising by media platforms you just need game devs to push their games using vulkan and you start seeing young kids playing on opensource OS then grows up with them.
Dumb fuck expecting to force enterprise and office users or "old fucks" to change is pointless, you have to start with young. Majority of /v/ is ageing neckbeards who got stuck in a loop.

>The opensource software counterparts vs the proprietary difference is close to minimal

Why would you use anything else?

I use LibreOffice on my Windows pc and my Linux laptop. Better than Windows in many regards.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for software that allows me to fill and sign PDFs? Free as in freedom only please. I tried flpsed and currently use Xournal.

Quote all you want, if you're competent you can use any tool to get the job done.

>tool missing features
>j-just get the job done!

>try openoffice
>All docx files look like shit
>Cant even show a sumup list normally
>Try libreoffice
>Open docx file
>Whitespaces everywhere
>All the headers and footers are messed up and look like shit

Openoffice and libreoffice literally have 0 compatibility with word documents made in ms office. The only "free" office that opens documents correctly for me so far is Softmaker Freeoffice but their free version is a bit too limited for my tastes.

The excel variants of Openoffice and Libreoffice are pretty good though. But their word document processors suck big fat donkey balls.

Ive tried almost every free office suite but nothing has matched softmakers for me so far in terms of compatibility.

spbp

>spbp
What is this?

fpwp

wps office

>Opens up a .docx original made in MS Office in LibreOffice
>Relatively simple formatting, some basic tables, bullet points.
>It's completely unreadable. Paragraphs of texts overlayed on the tables. Bullet points cascading diagonally.

Attached: Quot+gee+bill+how+come+your+mom+lets+you+have+two+_84bad39620a949ceb3839ce8a46eef70.jpg (214x320, 19K)

LibreOffice is barely functional.
Ribbon shit is shit.
Is there anywhere I can by a key for MS Office 2003? If I do, are the MS registration servers still running?

Attached: Microsoft-Office-2003-feature-image.png (595x383, 39K)

>.docx original made in MS Office
found your fucking problem, nigger

>can't handle most popular document format
>f-found your problem!

siag office looks promising, I'mma check it out when I get home

>being a Ribbonlet
Ribbon is the master race tool interface

it's most likely ms offshit doing something crappy to make it difficult to use the documents with other programs.

if the format is "the most widely used" and has an open spec, there is no chance opensource wordprocessors wouldnt 100% be able to deal with it.

Babbies first proprietary format.

user, if its an open format you can't sit there and complain that its still Microsoft's fault. That doesn't make sense. They've provided the information LO developers need, but they still haven't got it working. As points out, there are definitely editors out there that can handle it just fine. Hell, even I've had more success with Google Docs and .docx and .pptx compared to LO.

What?

kmsauto

>2003
Why? Use 2007.

so use wine faggot

>sc
clearly a troll

honestly it's just a shit format. who uses shit like .docx except 40year old hunt-n-pecking female secretaries?

Literally almost all businesses?
go.forrester.com/blogs/13-10-17-office_productivity_software_is_no_closer_to_becoming_a_commodity/
datanyze.com/market-share/office-suites

Even if it's worse we must switch en masse to kill the Microsoft.

>"Who uses docx"

Let me guess. You're unemployed and live in a basement?

Make a better product and I'll switch.

>I like my chains thank you very much

No one is forcing me to use office dipshit, I use it because its a better product.
Why do freetards always fail to grasp this simple concept?

>my chains are so comfortable

>no arguments
Sasuga.

Attached: 000125.png (488x574, 249K)

>weebfag using MS products unironically
at least you're consistent in your shit taste

Using something shitty just because it makes the task more difficult doesn't make you smart.

maybe you can buy a ballmer dakimakura

I'd need a wider pillow :^)

Your pic related is literally better than MS Office.
Microsoft and public schools have done a good job of brain washing people into consumerist ship who think they "need" MS Office. But the truth is, LO is more than capable for most people, without the hassle of having to "rent-a-software" or pirate.

2010 was 8 years ago user

Attached: smug-manson.jpg (235x279, 12K)

This

It works, stop parroting outdated information

Thanks, Luke.