I need to take my phone in for a new charging chip on the motherboard

I need to take my phone in for a new charging chip on the motherboard.

Is there any way the repair guy can somehow hack his way into my phone via the hardware if he doesn't have my passcode or fingerprint?

Attached: 141924.1.jpg (530x556, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-vRmUxfBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We can see your pass code by looking at the areas of your screen you press more often under a special light

yes he will flash your files to his hard drive

These are bs though.

pls guy'se

if you didn't encrypt your shit he can see it. whether or not he cares is another story.

Didn't the FBI or something have to beg Apple to unlock a phone for them?

Yes, especially iPhones.

Attached: ios_%22%22%22%22%22security%22%22%22%22%22.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

But what about ?

pr stunt on aplel's part, they've been snitching to the feds for a while now

>having something so important/sensitive on your phone that you need a passcode
kek, I only keep dank memes and mp3's on my phone so I don't even have a lock on it

Attached: coffee-talkie.png (300x250, 29K)

I work in a cell shop that does tristar chip replacements almost every day. There is no reason for anyone to take your data out of your phone, we are just trying to make money by providing you a repair service. They won't try to take your data, it doesn't make sense and has no value.

If you knew the passcode and/or fingerprint you could transfer money using banking apps.

My banking app has a 5 digit passcode, and after 3 failed attempts they block the app.

Mine works with the fingerprint.

that would put the company out of business real fucking fast. Trust me, no repair shop in north america will pull that kind of shit. If they have, they don't exist anymore.

Do you really think a customer wouldn't immediately be notified of a ton of strange bank activity while their phone is in a repair shop, and immediately call the police on that shop?

What about crypto 2fa apps?

My $20 samshit doesn't have a reader

on top of this, the parts cost for a Tristar chip replacement is about $5. It takes maybe an hour at most if it's a really difficult one like an Iphone 5, and the rest of the $80-$100 is pure profit after covering around $30/hr for labour. Motherboard repairs are straight gravy in terms of profit, there wouldn't be any point in committing fraud and putting your life at risk on top of that.

They were pushing for a court decision so there would be a precedent that these manufacturers had to unlock their devices for the feds. As soon as they lost hope of that happening, surprise surprise, they were able to crack the iPhone.

>they were able to crack the iPhone.
Ah, didn't hear about this I guess.

If you're so worried about your data on your phone then just back it up and wipe it before you take it in and then restore it when you get it back. howtosecuredata101 / 10

Attached: 1508916866095.png (478x523, 14K)

All my 2fa shit will be gone.

If you're this paranoid why do you even have a smartphone

If you don't know how to reconfigure two factor for your various accounts then I don't know what else to tell you other than it's time to get gud at tech son. Google is your friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-vRmUxfBA
You don't get SOMETHING FOR NOOOOTHING!
You can't have FREEDOM FOR FREE!

Well the problem is there are a few on there from a few years back, and I'm not 100% sure I can remember exactly what exchanges I still have something on.

>being this much of a brainlet

Attached: xfce_mouse.jpg (700x714, 34K)