What kind of problems do you have with your laptop, hardware wise?

What kind of problems do you have with your laptop, hardware wise?

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (628x428, 97K)

It has a fan

Attached: fanless-laptops.jpg (620x400, 75K)

none, as i don't own one
i don't need a portable computer if i never leave my basement anyway

Monitor spots, many many chips in the case, several damaged/missing keys, keyboard slides out entirely because its screws are missing
I could replace every part but at that point I would be spending the value of a new laptop of the same make

Supervisor password on my T410. Going to do the needful when I get a new CPU for it.

Tight hinges. If you pull the screen by the corner and not by the center, it kind of bends. Creepy.

HDMI port.
Couldn't get it replaced because the guy ripped the tracers too

i have a macbook pro

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have these problems.

The battery doesn't work, the hard drive is gone, and it doesn't want to boot from usb because it has usb 1.0 ports.

Processor, disk access speed and RAM. But at least it's fanless (chromebook with Devuan and libreboot)

It's a macbook

None right now other than regular degradation of the battery, but historically on other laptops I've owned the hinges wear out or break and the usb slots get looser

None at all. I have an X230 and everything works as advertised.

Attached: 1504068353993.jpg (700x453, 192K)

The keyboard could be a bit less shit, but other than that the x250's a good'n.

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-x250-front-1.jpg (1060x596, 63K)

the cpu is too complex

How does a user break off every blade of the fan?

Attached: IMG_20180713_141809.jpg (3036x4048, 3.6M)

Hot wifi card
The replacement Intel 6200 came in today. The bracket that was supposed to arrive yesterday hasn't been shipped yet.
t. x61s

I could see kids doing that by sticking something in the fan while its on because it makes a funny noise

have an X61s as well. what os are you using?

ugh what the fuck why is there so much hair take better care of your shit

I want to use Devuan Ascii but I'm having an issue where often times the disk drive fails to burn an image correctly and it also isn't booting from the drive either. Basically I can't install the operating system where it stands.
>yes it's in compatibility mode
Since I'm doing a minimalistic install and I'm going to be installing all the packages and programs myself I figure I won't have an issue transplanting the drive and installing the operating system from there. I'm also going to flash middleton bios in a couple of days when I have everything else sorted out.

tl;dr: I'm currently using xubuntu but xubuntu has problems so I'm just going to do it right myself.

This is from one of my remote users. Put her on blast about it, but her manager stepped in. No recourse for this type of shit.

A stuck pixel.

>HP Envy x360
I opened it and the sticky strip that holds the rubber strip/foot got ruined. Double sided sticky tape comes off when people slide around the laptop. The rubber strip covers the screws so anything permanent is a no go. Electric tape makes a weird popping noise cause the groove for the strip makes an airpocket. Right now, I have double sided tape holding the rubber strip to the case and I covered that with electrical tape.

yea i was running devuan as well, but no matter what I do internet is slow, as well as the package manager. Same on my X200s. Will install win7 now and flash middleton and then reinstall devuan. Hopefully it goes well

Well I actually haven't upgraded to the new Devuan but I was running the now "old stable" before my current Xubuntu install but it was slow and unstable in some ways including the wireless internet.
I hope this next install will be better but I'm definitely not relying on their packages.

But about the x61s, I use a lot of tabs on firefox usually and I'm surprised to see that I never need more than 3gb but I have 4. I have considered upgrading the ram next but I think I'll put my next chunk of money into doing the SXGA+ mod.

I accidently rolled something heavy over the laptop. It has some blueish spots whenever there is a dark background. Also dropped some water on the right side of the keyboard. The backlight stopped working on that part of the keyboard

To be honest. I am very pleasantly surprised just how much abuse this laptop has had over the years and still works like new. Just a shame the battery life has always been a little on the short side. Still packs a decent punch for editing videos.

Wish I had waited a few months. Could've had the 5th generation i7 and a better dedicated nvidia chip for the same price on the same model.

>hardware wise?
1. All screws are lost (back cover is held by some silicone sealant)
2. Cracked touch pad
3. Battery is shit
4. Dirty heat-sink.

t440p fullspec, won it at a competition:
>A keycap is missing
>It has an Intel CPU and I'm an InfoSec Guy and I feel guilty for still using it
>can not justify to buy a new one because it (still) has performance like a workstation
>I don't want to downgrade to a newer+slower model because of psychological reasons
>I don't want to upgrade to a newer+faster model because I don't need the performance and I forbid myself to spend thousands of bucks just because of my infoSec tinfoil hat. It would feel like burning money.
I want my t440p to magically turn into a ryzen thinkpad fullspec, sadly that won't happen.
I got it 4 years ago and I will probably have to use it for 4 additional years.

the power button doesn't work properly

good luck with the mod, seems pretty hard. What DE/WM are you running? Hard to find something thats comfy on XGA screens

Right now I'm just using stock Xubuntu but I plan on using i3wm when I manually install Devuan.
I don't like the font rendering on this laptop so I'm using Terminus but plan on using a nicer sans bitmap font for video players and firefox, I just haven't gotten around to doing that but will most certainly do it when I install devuan in a couple of days. I just need to work out this weird not booting from the drive issue.

*insert apple 3 shitpost here*

Keyboard died and the charger port died so that was it.

Wouldn't mind another at some point but eh bigger fish to fry at the moment.

X220, it needs a better screen
Looking at the converter board from that Russian guy
So I can throw a 1080p panel in it.

Just going to get an A485 when it releases.