Commodore Thread M8's

Its real Commodore hours, show off your VIC's, your 64 breadboxes, your 128's all that dank commodore shit

Attached: c64brooooo.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plus4world.powweb.com/plus4encyclopedia/500068
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The one, The only, The fuggin breadbox

Attached: 2018_07_13_13_57_11.jpg (5312x2988, 1.6M)

and the c plus/4

Attached: 2018_07_12_20_57_51.jpg (5312x2988, 2.33M)

Im not a fan of the default screen shit though

Attached: 2018_07_12_20_57_45.jpg (5312x2988, 2.81M)

Would that its video chip didn't die if you looked at it funny.

Is an NTSC model judging by the size of the border.

Yea I got this sucker at a yard sale for $10

I mean the plus/4 I have here, it works just fine, but from time to time, it gets really hot and smells like its cooking after only a few minutes, but other times its just fine.

The Atari ST was a better computer than the C64, it had a full graphical UI operating system developed by Gary Kildal. But people were idiots and just kept using command line operating systems of the C64 and IBM PC clones. Gary Kildal died in 94 right before win95 took over so he never had a chance to compete with MS head to head.

Attached: 182680-Atari_-_ST_(No_Intro)-1498849909.png (600x469, 331K)

The TED chip had a horrible failure rate because it was one of the first ICs that Commodore produced with the HMOS process and they took a while to figure it out. They tend to self-destruct from runaway overheating, although heat sinking the chip may help. Almost all software for the Plus/4 is European so a lot of stuff may not work on NTSC machines.

Ah, i see, thank you for the information, I have only been messing with these things for a few months, I dont know much but I did replace the keyboard on my c64 myself and cleaned it all out. to be honest, with the plus/4 i kinda already had a feeling not much was out there for it, so im just getting stuff for my c64, like a wireless to expansion card chip, so i can access a bbs

Imagine a watered down C64 with Atari 2600 sound, no sprites, a few more colors and the ability to display blinking text.

You can use a 1541 Ultimate on the Plus/4 but it doesn't support its high speed disk interface; you'll just have to use the IEC port which runs dog shit slow.

>a 16/32 bit computer was better than a 8 bit one
Did you really have to type it out?
Still utterly obliterated by the Amiga.

Attached: 1529506866260.gif (500x475, 997K)

Also the Plus/4 amusingly has a hardware UART which no other Commodore 8-bit does and it can do transfer speeds up to 19,200 bps.

i've got a C16 with upgraded RAM, but the power supply literally fell apart and I only have a datasette

plus4world.powweb.com/plus4encyclopedia/500068

If you want to set the colors to something else.

Ask on Lemon64; they may be able to help with your power supply problem.

They were literally giving away Plus/4s at wholesale clubs and in magazine ads just to get rid of them. Chances are there's a lot of them out there that are in near mint condition and have been used little or not at all.

>Almost all software for the Plus/4 is European so a lot of stuff may not work on NTSC machines
Also C16 (16k-32k) stuff is by and far more common than Plus/4 (64k) stuff.

that's not amiga though, that's an html5 animation

C64C is better--the case is better ventilated and it's overall more reliable.

Attached: c16 games.jpg (1500x1125, 618K)

It's the usual low budget Euro tape game schlock. You're not going to find a lot of stuff like Ultima on the C16/Plus-4.

Are there even any actually good games for the machine

Attached: IMG_20180714_005229.jpg (4128x2053, 1.62M)

Not any A-list stuff anyway. The C16 was more widely supported than the Plus/4 so stuff that could use 64k and run off a disk drive wasn't that common except some application software.

It was basically an answer to a question no one asked. After the demise of the VIC-20, Jack Tramiel wanted to come up with a new bottom-of-the-line model that would be even cheaper to manufacture, and the TED chip was supposed to combine the audio, video, and I/O all into a single IC. However, Tramiel was expelled from Commodore during 1984, after which marketing ignored his plans for a super-low end machine and also insisted on the Plus/4, which was a C64-class machine with 64k of memory and an application suite in ROM.

While the C16 had a nominal market niche as an low end machine, the Plus/4 seemed to be extremely redundant and pointless. The built in application software was so bad as to be useless and the TED was less useful for gaming than the C64's chipset. Even worse than that, the low end computer market in North America self-destructed in 1983-84, so most of the machines the C16 was meant to compete with disappeared. Thus they were stuck peddling a useless toy computer (C16) and a machine that overlapped with the C64 but wasn't compatible with it. North American sales amounted to squat, but the C16 did find a measure of success in Europe as a ZX Spectrum and MSX rival.