Recently had a job interview and I failed miserably on the coding part...

Recently had a job interview and I failed miserably on the coding part. I think the rest went well but it fell apart and I feel like crap.
What has been your worst interview experience?

Attached: luig.jpg (225x224, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/nonprofits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>why do you want to work for us?
>I saw your ad about hiring $POSITION and since that's my specialty, I thought I'd apply
>yes but why do you want to work for OUR company?
>well your page said you do business in $MARKET and have good reviews by ex employees, so it must feel good working here
>yes but anyone can make that stuff up. why in particular did you choose OUR company then?
>I thought you were looking for $POSITION so ...
>you already said that
>I err ....

Attached: sadfrog.jpg (500x281, 15K)

Oh god, that's some messy spaghetti. Not even any generic bullshit like "I really believe I can use my experience and really contribute to this company"

this question is designed to weed out spergs

In brief, it was a role-play scenario about giving constructive criticism to a coworker. The interviewer, playing the coworker, asked what the big deal was with his workflow. I explained it using all the right business jargon. Then the interviewer goes,
>Yeah, but so what?
I took that as him wanting to hear me handle conflict appropriately, so I broke out my HR-friendly politically correct motivational crap.
>Yeah, but so what?
At that point I have no idea what he's trying to get me to say so I de-escalate and explain how I'd take it to a manager.
>Yeah, but so what?

I finally give up and just ask him what the hell he's expecting here. Apparently it was something about quality that appears nowhere in the role play scenario. He was literally expecting me to mind-read.

>do a ton of sports research the night before just in case i have to talk
>buddy up with one of the huge sports fan managers
>bull shit about local teams enough based on my hours of research and gently make fun of his teams recent poor performance, he laughs and immediately starts defending his team, he rattles on for a few minutes then offers me a job on the spot

So this.. is the power.. of normalfags

What they are really asking is if you know anything about what the company does in particular, like specific product/service lines or advancents in the field. I always suggest before an interview to read a few recent press releases by an organisation to show that you know what their strategic plan is and how you want to get into that field.

My best:
>Interview in a coffee shop. Didnt get the job in the end but got a free coffee and had a nice chat. Felt relaxed and confident.
All job interviews, I feel should be in a relaxed environment where both parties can get a good feel about each other. A good test on how you would interact with clients in negotiations.

My worst:
>Had a telephone interview out of the blue whilst I was walking to work by a bitch that worked in a recruitment agency. I applied as a graduate recruiter, (I apply for random jobs once in a while) and she was simply savage. Interrogating me over every tiny detail of my CV, and criticising me over taking a break in my career to do important care work on the side. She was just set out to hate and belittle me for some reason so Im honestly glad that went nowhere. I wouldnt want to work for her. She's probably the reason they needed new recuitment agents in the first place. A real-life dragon lady. She almost put me into a state of shock. Her tone was as if I had just walked into her home, shat on the floor and then trampled her cat.
Simply baffling.

>why do you want to work for us?
>cuz I don't have a job

Not him but its still a pretty dumb question. Everyone knows the only reason is because you want to make money to pay your rent and buy enough food to survive, yet they want applicants to come up with some bullshit answer that everyone knows is complete bullshit. A better question would be "why do you want this particular position", since then at least the employee's passion for his work can be a part of the answer. It just speaks to an arrogance on the company's part; good employees will be good no matter where they're working. Companies acting like they're superior or special or "different from the rest" (literally every other company's mantra in some way or another) is a complete joke.

But ya, next time just look up something gay like their charitable work, carbon-footprint promises, or diversity initiatives or whatever-the-fuck and say something like
>I saw that you guys were an eco-friendly company and it would really make me feel good to come to work everyday knowing I'm doing something beneficial for the planet along with the good your software does in your users' everyday lives
or
>I saw that you guys do a lot of pro bono work for non-profit soup kitchens and orphanages and that really made you stand out from the rest. It makes me feel better knowing that the company I'm working for is actually doing something good rather than just simply writing a cheque
Just google the company name followed by 'charity', 'diversity', etc and completely bullshit something. For instance, if I were going into an interview for Google I would find someway to mention google.com/nonprofits/ and how good it is they're able to foster an easy, efficient platform to help lower non-profits administration costs.

what the hell? why the fuck do you have to LARP to get a job?

What if you say "I want money to survive", what will happen then?

I actually thought it was a pretty interesting interview component. I wasn't forced to play pretend; "I would say/do" were valid responses too. It felt like a meaningful way to give something more than canned answers to typical questions. I just didn't appreciate being expected to magically say a particular thing that he invented.

I've consistently been getting to the last round of interviews but can't seem to seal the deal. It's been a nightmare since I am able to woo everybody else talking about the work on my resume. Does it really just boil down to how the hiring manager feels that day? It's fucking bullshit.

Im a neet and this seems like the most/only sane answer to this weirdo question

do they just call security throw you out for not lying and being too straightforward?

A really big component that's outside of your control is whether they already picked the candidate. You might never have had a chance but were instead participating in a big show for legal.

If you want money it shows 2 things:
-You're not from a rich family so you're subhuman / people don't give you money just for existing. Unwanted
-You're not passionate enough. Unwanted

I fail miserably standing by the whiteboard and having to write even simple code and I'm a 4th year CS PhD student. Someone try to beat this.

You guys are always memeing about how when minorities get hired easy, well I dont even see anywhere in the applications for tech jobs to specify I'm part native american how do I take advantage of diversity quotas and get a comfy tech job?

>thanks for considering working with us!
>"we saw you CV and we liked your profile"
>"we need you to take a test but be advised, nobody has been able to make it right"
>test was sharing my screen and writing pseudocode to advance through a multidimensional matrix in spiral
>wasnotpreparedforthis.jpg
>anyway, start to make it, i was going good
>Interviewer: "hmmm, that's not how i would do it", "mhhh, why that way?"
>after half hour like this, my mind went blank
>"Mhhh, thanks for your time, have a nice day"
>Session Ended

Fuck it anyway, those kind of jobs are the wost, you'll have your superior doing micromanagement over your ass all day.

Application-for-Employment.pdf
>Please complete all requested information
>Please specify your complete full-time and part-time employment history, including self-employment.
>Reason for Leaving
>Please explain any gaps in your employment
>Professional References. Individuals not related to you. Business references preferred.
>tfw NEET

>we know you're being honest but we'd prefer you bullshit to our faces with some feel-good response instead

>part native American
>wants minority benefits

>not getting a job after 8 months graduating
>suddenly a phone call
>"we have a job offer....."
>YES.jpeg
>".....please come tomorrow."
>NO.webm
>keep coming because believe in """""opportunity"""""" power
>do interview and test
>test is a miserably failure, only finished it quarter of the tasks
>in the end still get the job, while others who take the test and do good job in test

Sorry for the late reply, Im the dude you quoted, but they'll unironically think you're desperate and unhirable/undesirable. Ive been on the recruitment and hiring side of the table at a few different places, and for whatever reason they only seem to want people who don't "need" the job but "want" the job. I agree its fucking stupid but you have to appear like it doesn't matter if you don't get the job, or that you don't need to eat, but not disinterested enough to look like you don't care. Although, this is only an issue in saturated job markets where companies will get 10000+ resumes sent in from a single recruitment post, there's plenty of IT jobs in the middle of buttfuck no where that will basically give the job to anyone who isn't retarded and is willing to move. For what its worth, rural or flyover america is actually really nice and grows on you after a while. I like it way more than big cities. But its definitely not silicon valley (which again, can be good or bad depending on how you look at it)

basically this but they would never say it in such words for legal reasons