It's been over two decades and no one has come up with a better case design

It's been over two decades and no one has come up with a better case design.

Attached: haf-932.jpg (800x1148, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7Zw-DlTn-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>using a case

Attached: 6ae8081c10d6e78fd1cd1b67c57e98fe.jpg (500x666, 48K)

Attached: SRsKxF5leIdw-A6KB3x-77VhWS_0CXuK_PhY8WJ52GE.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

>not using an open case design

Attached: IMG_003.jpg (1600x900, 81K)

Looks like cancer.
Is cancer.

I prefer the Define series.

Case windows thenCase windows now

Attached: 1529063986000_1304440[1].jpg (500x500, 37K)

Enjoy your vibration noises.

The R3 I used to use didn't have that issue. They fuck something up in the R6?

The 750D Airflow I bought had a terrible vibration problem somewhere.

I like the new H500 with less memes

R4 and R5 have the issue, not sure about R6

I still use this and a HAF X. No other case comes close.
>cable management
>plenty of drive bays
>good air flow
>more than enough room for a NH-15
>space for a water cooling loop
>built to last
>option to use 200 - 230mm fans

The cases released now, compared to 2008-2012 are a step back in functional design.
>no side intake fan for GPU cooling
>no 5.25 drive bays
>tempered glass instead of mesh

most retarded shit I've seen in my life.

My R5 developed it recently. I thought it was my power supply until I realized resting a hand on the case made it stop.

Exactly same issue here with R5 too

I had the HAF 912. Great case that had support for 200mm fans in the too and front. More cases need room for 200mm and 230mm fans. Shit even noctua makes 200mm fans. Like 210 CFM at 900rpm.

haf-x
>no fan filters
image related is mine

Attached: mkii.jpg (360x360, 62K)

Yeah. That Sounds like the issue my 750D developed. I put a wadded up piece of tissue behind the motherboard side panel. It seems to have stopped it.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 11-112-325-02.jpg (640x480, 16K)

Someone really wanted to eat some cinemonrolls that day

ive heard alot about setups like that catching fire because they are so open to dust and hair

lolfag. learn to pick and assemble parts maybe

God that case was ugly as shit.

>whistles

Haf-x masterrace

Attached: 737370b0_05091354145l[1].jpg (800x320, 59K)

Attached: boatcase.png (1260x806, 1.79M)

>that background

Attached: OUI-final-final.png (1920x1016, 1.55M)

Yeah it's a good case. The whole HAF series is good shit. I got the 912 back in 2009 and i'm still using it. Had to mod it a little bit to keep up with the times but it's otherwise top shelf stuff.

The H500 series is close now that they are mesh. 2x200mm fans is pretty nice.

>mfw

Attached: spiral.jpg (388x500, 63K)

>It's been over two decades and no one has come up with a better case design.
Any case which can house your components and doesn't cost the Sun, the Moon and the whole multiverse.

How about you post your own rather than stealing mine dickhead?

Attached: 15315649307754538980704256088759.jpg (4032x1960, 1.96M)

>Not having to clean dust every day
No. I'm glad I got rid of my 750D, it was way too big. 5.25" bays are shit. I use the ASUS U7M external drive instead. Its so slim you wouldn't notice it.

Attached: Ha'Tak (21.06.2018).jpg (3840x2160, 1.85M)

wrong this is the best case was released in 2001 or some thing.

Attached: 11-112-024-26.jpg (640x480, 17K)

>Beyerdynamic
Looks like the DT-990s. I approve.

Its a T1.

Even better then. Good one user. What is your setup ?

>H500 series
Only if it could house more 3.5 HDDs cage as many as MC series, too bad it didn't.

For my audio, I use a Xonar STX. I'm unsure if I should get an external amplifier or if these are just memes, because I need a sound card for my 2nd PC. The onboard card can't drive these 600 Ohms.

For my PC, its broken. Better not early adopt next time.

It's a good thing then we don't still live in 2005 and we're no longer limited to moderate size storage 3.5 drives.

Find me a storage that cost per byte is better than 3.5 HDD then.

I'm not saying you have to choose something other than 3.5" storage, I'm saying you don't need 10x 3.5" mounting trays if you're not limited to 500gb per drive.

TSUUUUUUUUUU-

Attached: Borg_Warner_Airw_51e8d3cc3d683.jpg (800x600, 94K)

"Moderate size" - Sees a 12TB 3.5hdd on newegg. Yeah that's moderate all right, more like "holy shit this is awesome" 5 of those in a Raid z2 would give you 36TB usable space.

>case windows in 2001

Neat, never knew that was a thing back then.

Well maybe I don't need 10x3.5" but 8x3.5". Too many trays might obstruct air flow.

I bought 2005 oem case for about 10$. Using it for years now, shit is solid. Everything 1mm steel,
I can even stand on it. Mechanical drive attachments no plastic clips bs or gay lights...

You need all the bays you can get if you plan to keep your "life" on drives for 20 - 50 yrs. Media library's really use the space. More compact, instead of having 5x servers holding it all you can consolidate it down to a single box that holds everything. Then you got expansion, sure you can replace each drive in a raid to expand it but that takes loads of time. If you got extra bays, just install more drives, configure them in the raid type you need, then be about your day.

Then it sounds like you'd be in the market for a case like a Define R5/6, not a H500.
>It's a shame this product that's not designed for a particular target audience doesn't meet the needs for that particular target audience

yer modding computers got popular around 2000-2001. I painted my case red and cut my own window in it in that era and at a massive lan every computer was white and mine was the only colored one ^_^

That's why I said only if H500 could hold more than fucking 2x3.5" it would be a perfect choose.

I guess I had a friend that was super into it thou probably ahead of his time. he had a custom loop watercooler in 2002 or some thing and a waterblock that was custom made for him by some guy that probably only made like 50blocks total. maybe that guy now owns EK waterblocks not sure will have to research.

my friend dumped watercooling in 2008 thou said there was no reason to watercool a core series processor. he gave me a core2duo from 2008 that he overclocked to 4.5ghz that i used until 2017 lol

Should I feel bad that this is my favorite case?
>tfw one time, fan on GPU died, and I didn't notice for a month, because case's side fan was cooling it well enough not to cause system shutdown

Attached: full_78041_2266_draft_large.jpg (615x650, 45K)

>Nah, nah, homie. That ain't coil whine. It's THA WHISTLE

Attached: 1520456806269.jpg (220x249, 7K)

>Blocks your path

Attached: index.jpg (266x190, 4K)

master race

Attached: large_94818c3c83199d53[1].png (900x900, 281K)

>using a case

Attached: SPba5E1ROjw9f_oWy2aSH78gFCWUiG7FxmShqdRBNSc.jpg (600x450, 46K)

Xonar cards are pretty good, but I am sure those would sound even better on an amp or tubes, pity having a pair of T1s on a soundcard, but it's not that bad.

Gib product no.

every one was called "modders" back in the early 2000s thou because to make your computer look cool you had to cut it up and stuff. I think all the computer parts we are used to now started showing up in the late 2000s I technically had a RGB rainbow computer in the early 2000s thou had a UV light and all these rainbow reactive cables and paint on the inside

some of the mods in this era where really cool thou I remember future mark used to be called onion or some thing like onion.org or some thing that site had all the early mods on it. maybe madonion? was it name if I remember correctly. it was nice because every computer was unique and like painted a cool unique color etc. now its all like black and red yellow blue and not really the same.

not exactly sure what started PC bling I imagine that movie hackers where they spraypainted the apple laptops they where given for marketing and then maybe in the super late 90s and early 2000s when GPUs got interesting and people wanted to show stuff off. I remember when the 8000 and 9000 series nvidia GPU came out around crisis and they where just boring and black boxes that I thougth the scene died watercooling actually let you achive higher clocks on amd cpus from 2000-2006 but past that I think its mostly been pointless. I bet you jay two cents and all the watercooling enthusiasts where rocking AMD builds in this era and clocking them really high rather than just buying a boring Pentium that could run high anyway on air. people like linus and stuff have only got into watercooling in recent years as a trend.

my friend that was the super hardcore PC modder is just into apple and shit now. but he purchased some expensive macbooks in 2012-2013 era so they might have died on him and he might just be buying dells now or some thing.

kinda sad but it was fun while it lasted. I remember watching futuremark benchmarks at his out in 2000-2003 and thinking how amazing they looked.

I remember in the like 2003 benchamark it has a test that looks like the grass in pubg today ^_^ or maybe abit nicer honestly. the jump in graphics from 2000-2011 was huge but its been shit for the last half decade. even last of us2 and ps4 shit looks like stuff that was in the benchmarks in the late 2000s.

Get comfy. But seriously, this is for A/V shelves. Don't put these on a desk with a monitor on top, that's just degenerate.

I have two. One is like pic. The older one has hard drives on the right and two floppy bays on the left, and... Antec is known for its standard sized power supplies, right? So of course they made a custom power supply with the plugs and vents on the wrong sides, and they put it under the floppy bays. Not only won't a regular power supply fit, the motherboard power won't reach.

When the original PS died, I had to cram the board from a replacement backwards into the shell of the dead one, which sort of worked. Then when I needed more watts, I got a Thermaltake with the extra long wires and had to put a 6-foot monitor power cord inside too. And I had to remove the floppy bay tray because it blocks the fan of a "normal" PS.

Attached: antec horizontal case.jpg (315x160, 5K)

HTPC suck thou they are noisy why build one when you can just get a cheap no noise box pre built and stream your PC to it or drill a hole in the wall and run a powerful computer from another room?

building silent computers has always been retarded and i honestly find watercooling louder and more distracting beacuse of the pump.

I guess OP was refering to this glorious 10-years old case design

Attached: images (1).jpg (388x379, 16K)

OEM-like is the best. Too bad they stop making it.

Attached: Cooler Master N600.jpg (604x460, 17K)

Got one of those for $25 at a pawn shop's clearance table a few months ago. With 12GB of RAM inside. Okay I will take your ugly Optiplex 790 with it's lame W7PRO COA, please don't hurt me more!

Toss out the crap ATI card that was probably ten years older than the 2012-era computer, put in a mid-range GPU and better PSU (stock was 225W!), and it's a nice grab-n-go gayman box. (I also added SSD and upgraded it to 24GB.)

I'm poor so I always buy shit tier garbage. I'm a worthless piece of shit anyway, so I don't really care because I deserve shit.

Replace cringe with malaise

Attached: case-made-of-fans[1].jpg (310x396, 42K)

>WHIRRRRRRRRR

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

>Clears thy path

Attached: 2aa1fe95_f2a785c0804d051a28552a84b6217c52_original.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

I don't really see the point of building a case as small as a GPU. like isn't the point of a desktop that you have space for 4-5 expansion slots? if you really want a pc that small why not just get a laptop and a external GPU case.?

kek

I love this case but it's way too big. Any micro-atx equivalents for when I eventually upgrade?

Attached: 41bpIutPQRL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 13K)

ugly as fuck but im a sucker for huge fans and I'd gladly use it

go look at any Jow Forumsuts thread guy. More often than not you'll see a fuckhueg empty single gpu full tower.

lol'd gj

looks nice but ive had one and it was cramped and pretty shitty plasticy

>giving a shit about design
>not picking the case that best fits your needs
You only played yourself

It’s great until the plastic on the front panel starts getting coated in sticky residue of unknown origin. Only thing that will take it off is sugar soap but that would take the whole day to scrub it off. Shits like superglue.

yes I know but thous pc will last a decade for gaming who knows what you will need in them slots in 10 years might be PCI-E coprocessors and shit for AI and physics.

I get your point thou like ever since soundcards stoped being relevant in like 2004 or some thing it is sorta wasted space for gaming. but still having the option to put some random shit in there in the future seems better to me than getting a motherboard so small you may as well just get a laptop and use a external gpu case.

>sacrifice performance for an modular laptop
just because a small form factor doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't fit the situation of another person. If you need more expansion slots you'd already have them and if for whatever reason you need them in 10 years you would have upgraded sockets/platforms to fit your situation anyway.

no I just think building these like "console" gaming PC is retarded. you loose the benefits of the PC to achive some thing that's easy to do with a external laptop GPU and no you don't have performance loss laptop CPU are just as good as desktop for gaming as no games are really CPU intensive for last decade.

I just don't see the point of the effort like go ahead and do it but it seems as silly to me as trying to build a silent pc or a streaming box when you can just buy a simple premade one for cheaper with same performance.

seems like a waste of time.. they are are still cool and stuff but a laptop with a external gpu would be even smaller and more portable because even with these you still need to bring a monitor.

>with a external laptop GPU and no you don't have performance loss
Can't tell if you're being intentionally retarded, or just plain retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=u7Zw-DlTn-M

you really think you will upgrade from a 7/8 series intel in a decade? I used a core2duo overclocked to 4.5ghz from 2008-2017 every game ran at 60+fps beside bf4 and DayZ ran at 45+ fps.

I think a 7600k or 8350k (both 4core) overclocked to 5+ghz will last 10-15 years at this rate and probably even keep higher frame rates like maybe even 100+ fps for that long

Daddy would you like some sausage?

depends on the laptop you have the Alienware ones have 0 performance loss so do the Clevo ones. but yer some have like 80% performance of if it was in a desktop.

but realisticly these small cases you build will throttle the GPU from the heat from a desktop CPU so close to GPU in a tight spot.

id say its kinda comparable.

>depends on the laptop you have the Alienware ones have 0 performance loss
false
>but realisticly these small cases you build will throttle the GPU from the heat from a desktop CPU so close to GPU in a tight spot
Only limiting factor here is CPU cooler size limitations in true small form cases, but when you have power efficient i5 8400 and R5 2600 options, this isn't an issue. And with the GPU breathing from directly underneath the case like Fractal Node 202 or Silverstone RV03, often GPU temps are better than mid ATX towers.
I get what you're saying in terms of expandability limitations, and this is true. However I have to say in the last 7 years I've had my X79 eATX system, I've never had the need to add anything on top of a single GPU. Knowing what I know now an ITX system would be perfect, especially given you don't need a HEDT system to get more than 4 cores these days.

no Alienware and CLevo external GPU uses proprietary connector its literally the same as using a extension cable you use on your gpu in these cases and the laptops that suck at external gpu suck because they don't have enough pci lanes or their bios are shit at handeling it. if you get one that's ment for it its 100% to like 98% of performance

idknow I think in next 10 years you will have shit you want to put in PCI slots like faster ethernet and internet connections faster wireless better sound (DSD cards its digital analogue audio look it up). sure its been quite for the last maybe 15 years and you ligit don't need that space beside retarded SLI but I think next couple of years will be different if your building these micro PC I think in 2-3 years you will rip them apart and put CPU and RAM in fullsize board because only way to keep up with tech will be expansion cards.

if your willing to buy a new cpu and motherboard every 2-3 years do this I guess but that seems like a waste of money and time effort to me.

Fair enough, you learn something new every day. Although I still don't see buying an Alienware laptop and external GPU as a viable alternative to building a custom ITX enclosure with a midrange CPU and high end GPU.

clevo laptops do it as well and they are literally the cheapest most powerful laptop brand. but yer do what you want. these systems are cute as fuck but imo for portability a laptop and external gpu is better than a monitor and a itx case and for lifespan a itx wont last as long. but maybe faster networking and sound or harddrive isn't important for gaming so these little console PC will last long life.. shrugs.