Start doing thing

>start doing thing
>sell it as the hottest newcomer
>stop giving a fuck when it has some issues that need to be adressed
>kind of adress them, drop the whole platform when it's finally close to maturing
>yeah we did our best guys well time to move on
Why does microsoft do shit like this

Attached: 1221.sdt-news.jpg (750x750, 117K)

because they saw Windows phone and it's OS as a lost cause vs iOS and Android. I owned a 5.0" BLU Windows HD phone that was amazing for its' price. Cost me $130 and it had stupid battery life. It doesn't help that Microsoft thought they could get away with stealing the official Youtube app, changing the appearance a bit, and use it without paying royalties to Google. The "official" Microsoft store Youtube app was literally a link shortcut that opened Internet Explorer and went to Youtube.com

Attached: 1510605937702.png (1024x640, 154K)

They tried and made some fine handsets while doing it

>continue pumping money into something that was DOA
but why

everybody gave up amazon/ubuntu/blackberry there were a million of them

Microsoft has this internal policy that a new thing is always worth more brownie points than refining an existing thing. It's a shame because Windows Phone was the best phone OS on the market.

too much money

they can do whatever they want without repercussion

They are planning to make one OS, fit for both pc's, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The windowsphone lacked the fundamentals to allow this. Now they will make a new entry.

aka, microsoft lacks vision.

No apps.
My Nokia 530 was one of the best phones I ever owned.
The camera was great and the battery life amazing.
I had to get rid of it because it didn't have the apps I needed for work.

apps?

you mean programs?

Apps as in applications.
Stop being a nufag trying to make programs (bastardized from proclamation) happen.

There are actually more Windows Phone apps now than before thanks to UWP

On a mobile device “apps” is perfectly acceptable.

I rocked an 830 for 3 years and really the only thing I lost was the ability to play movies I bought in the store on my phone. Oh well.

What was worse though was losing groove support in Horizon 3, that was a neat feature.

Switching to android wasn't too bad, ms has pretty good software support for android at this point

Hurp

Attached: nokia-lumia-830-5-nok-l830.jpg (1500x1264, 136K)

Wasn't that mostly Nokia?

The OS was good too, it just had a chronic app store problem. Still better than stock android at least

Being better than stock Android is a pretty low bar these days. The OS is fundamentally flawed in the performance department. That point was really brought home to me when I bought a Pixel and an iPhone 6S and A/B'd them. Despite being a year older the 6S destroys the mighty Pixel, imagine what it does to lesser devices. All that said, the apps for iOS were miles, lightyears, universes ahead of the pathetic dross on the Windows Phone app store. Even the same apps were of much higher quality on the Apple side. Just like with Android. Only difference is Android had some momentum. Windows Phone was DOA from the start. And the funny thing was the MS fanboys were deluded into believing they couldn't fail. I remember the slew of shilling on Engadget and The Verge back in 2011/2012. They just *knew* Android was going to go down in flames of the WinPhone ascendance. Even then I was like yeah right. Never had a chance.

Nigga, wut

tl;dr Android lacks smoothness compared to iOS and Window Phone. Despite this, Windows Phone never had a chance due to no apps and shit apps that did exist. The legion of fanboys back in '11 and '12 wasn't enough to meme it into glory.

IF anyone lost its android users for not getting Nokia phones

If only

Or proggys as I've come to call 'em.

$0.50 has been deposited into your iTunes account

>Barbra
poo'd again

>The "official" Microsoft store Youtube app was literally a link shortcut that opened Internet Explorer and went to Youtube.com

that was after google sued them
the app at first was just like the you android version, did developed it themselves after Google refused to deliver on for the platform

google sued them, told them to remove the app and said to MSFT to make an HTML5 solution themselves but don't build an app

but there's no hardware left

>Windows Phone never had a chance due to no apps and shit apps that did exist.
>he doesn't remember WP7