Thinkpadfag admits defeat

mom... dad... I'm gay.

Attached: Thinkpadfag admits defeat.png (1254x1358, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/docs/hardware/x200.html#ecupdate
raptorcs.com/content/TLSDS1/intro.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/nic_fw_contest.php
pcpartpicker.com/list/v2YVBb
youtube.com/watch?v=6OceuTkSYNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>spending 14k on some shitty pc's with shitty support.

dropped.

Attached: 1.png (863x829, 223K)

Post the order confirmation then.
Oh wait, you can't, because you didn't actually order them.

14K? You can get the same hardware for like 7k maybe 8k if you just assembled yourself. And you wouldnt be stuck with a MacOS

>stuck with MacOS
That is literally the best thing about macs.

If you're that desperate to disbelieve that someone could switch away then OP will be writing a ten thousand word essay on why and stapling it to his thinkpad collection next to his Mac and dragon dildo.

Yeah no. MacOS is a unix based machine with none of the freedom of actual Unix or Linux. Not as business oriented as Windows and not as variable and customization as any linux distro.

Stuck between utilitarian and consumer, trash.

Name 5 things that aren't rice that Linux can do that macOS can't.

>has never studied CS or worked in the field in his entire life.
>Macs will forever be the go to choice for the majority of developers because of their flexibility in software. They can run any OS.

1. Freedom
2. Nothing else matters if you don't have freedom.

>They can run any OS
So can a thinkpad

>still didn't post the order confirmation

We planned on asking for that next. Order confirmation first, or OP dindu nuffin

user...

Lol. You don't have freedom unless you have a Talos II, and even then you need a blob to boot up the NIC.

Hell, even the libreboot website recommends running the proprietary Lenovo BIOS to update the proprietary EC firmware.
libreboot.org/docs/hardware/x200.html#ecupdate

Attached: Talos II.jpg (749x374, 68K)

Different fag here

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 10.06.26 p.m..png (1446x774, 145K)

pls stop I don't have any money and just seeing that makes me want it ten thousand times more

On the Talos, at least the blob is sequestered off

I know the feel.
They are still selling the bundle with the experimental CPUs,
raptorcs.com/content/TLSDS1/intro.html
but I want to wait till I can afford the two-socket board.

Whoops- didn't finish my thought there, but on the Coreboot mailinglist they were talking about how the risk of a rogue NIC or storage controller is limited, since you have IOMMU, and you should be encrypting your drives and network traffic anyway.

>spending $10k on a computer

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha even if i was rich id get a chinkpad and use the rest on a few decent hookers

1) Legally run on the hardware of my choice
2) Leagally run on the architecture of my choice
3) Sport a built-in package manager that isn't a (((store)))
4) Run a highly configurable window manager like openbox. It isn't for everybody but it is for me.
5) The latest version runs on much older hardware than what the latest OSX will run on.

Basically, it's the freedom and flexibility to run my system the way I want it I get with Linux I can't get with OSX.

>1 -> Stupid
>2 -> Stupid
>3 homebrew
>4 chunkwm
>5 Sierra runs and gets security updates for core2duo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy

aight let's play it your way
>homebrew
stupid
>chunk
stupid
>sierra
stupid

I'd better buy a motorcycle.

Nice goalpost moving. A couple of comments though, Homebrew is a fucking hack and in no way competes with apt on Linux. Chocolately is literally better than the abortion called homebrew. Like I said, Sierra is not the latest version. Ubuntu 18.04 will run on a freaking Pentium 2. And how the hell is being able to use the hardware I want rather than the shitfest the latest macs are somehow "stupid"? Come on man. You asked for 5 things and you go tthem. 5 good things though I will have to check out chunkwm. I doubt it compares with Openbox or any of the other great window managers on Linux but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy
I'm just pointing out which things need to be worked on. Talos is definitely the way forward, since by buying you encourage IBM to keep making OpenPOWER chips, and Raptor to keep making more-blob-less boards.
The NIC and SAS controller can theoretically be opensourced; Raptor even has a reward for the NIC firmware:
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/nic_fw_contest.php
The old thinkpad+libreboot approach by comparison is a dead end.

>ppc
Wow you can run 10 year old software

If you're getting a Talos, you aren't going to be running proprietary crap that's locked to one architecture.
If you really need to, you can probably emulate it just fine; the absolute bare min config is 4 cores with 4 threads each, up to the max of two 22-core CPUs adding up to 176 threads total.

>Name 5 things that aren't rice that Linux can do that macOS can't.
Da fuck is this Cosmo? Linux runs on my hardware of choice and does what the fuck I want to do. Mac could do 100000000 things Linux can't but I wouldn't give a fuck. It don't run on my fucking hardware and I don't give a fuck about what it can theoretically do when Linux does everything I've ever wanted.
kys

Attached: 1518109443094.jpg (2048x1151, 599K)

Obsolete failed architecture

I know right? Why does anyone even bother with x86 anymore. Especially with Intel ME and AMD PSP. Safer just to emulate that obsolete motherfucker.

Attached: 1530836205004.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

pcpartpicker.com/list/v2YVBb

>$7135.53
>$10,548.00

Attached: imac.png (752x1227, 86K)

You could probably get the same performance for even cheaper if you go for dual proc instead of one single monster CPU.
Hell, if you jump up one generation, you can get an E5-2697v4 18 core which is the same turbo and non-turbo speeds in the same socket for $1300 less.

>VESA Mount Adapter Kit
You're really screwed now:
youtube.com/watch?v=6OceuTkSYNo

4 is rice buddy

this

> apple is gay
> brainwash Jow Forums into thinking they are gay

hahaha joke's on you , OP they already know they're gay

If only you were ordering an impressive version of the machine.

I bought the components for a workstation with better specs and isntalled debian on it. it was only $5k, and I didn't even get a good deal on the components.

what's with all this apple shilling tonight? do the apple marketing teams really work this late at night?

You only need a MacBook Pro. The iMac Pro would be redundant.

Why do you need 128gb of fucking ram?

unrelated but tysm for the pic

are you retarded?

>Gates's personal cocksucker

>only other OS other than Mac is Windows

Hmmm

Attached: Screenshot_20180714-104615__01.jpg (1080x1363, 153K)

Threads aren't a bait playground to induce people to admit they are homosexual you fucking macfaggot.

Stop posting about the mac pro it isn't special Lenovo has been ahead in display tech for the past 5 years steve jobs is dead give it up.