youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can only play nethack so much

inb4 actual 70 year old boomers tell you that games are for children only

You now have the tux racer theme playing in your head.

>The power of Linux gaming
>Looks like a project by uni students

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1509856931857.jpg (475x594, 166K)

More like
>The fun in Linux is the ease of creating not consuming

The only game i play runs better in linux than on windows (wow 1.12)

OP if you want to want to bait people into discussing shitty video games then head to /v/. I'm sure there are many fortnite and/or league of legends threads you can join there to talk with other teenagers like yourself

nice

got me thinking recently
are there actually linux exclusive games?

same thread yesterday try harder faggot

hello newfag how is it going

Not really feasible considering the Linux marketshare on Steam and other platforms.

I haven't missed it because I rarely play video games at this point and when I do there's plenty of good console games. There's been so little worth playing that has come out on PC in the past 5-10 years that anything I would want to play on PC runs fine in WINE/PlayOnLinux; probably the most recent game I've wanted to play on PC since dropping Windows has been Oblivion and that's pretty goddamn old at this point. I haven't even bothered to try an eGPU since selling my desktop for an X230 either. But if you're an insatiable Fortnite/MUH WITCHER 3 zoomer then hey, have at it.

Attached: 1488334223103.png (331x278, 274K)

most of linux games are open source so not really

Attached: 1517548830941.gif (228x180, 1.6M)

In some of last videos Linus Tech Tips teased that they gonna make "gaming on linux" video soon.

Attached: 15038125153220.png (139x140, 20K)

Intermittently there were, but open sauce gets cross-compiled and/or ported pretty soon.

Attached: linus_corrects_rms_8560.jpg (806x938, 337K)

Guys, while a lot of this might be complete autism, I personally think that in this day and age, calling it GNU/Linux actually has some real meaning. There is this little thing called Android, and it uses the Linux kernel, but the rest of the components are non-GNU. Some are even proprietary! However, I have seen normies make the dangerously misleading claim that "Android is Linux!" It technically is, as it uses the Linux Kernel, but it shares nothing else with GNU/Linux distros, particularly their respect for your freedoms.
Because of this, we should say GNU/Linux, so as not to confuse it with the botnet that is Android, or other such projects. By saying GNU/Linux, we make it clear that yes, we are using Linux, but we are also using Free Software.

Attached: android-evil.png (551x340, 28K)

Sounds terrible.

I don't play games and I don't use Linux because it's TRASH. Every single distro is garbage.

So can it play Witcher 3?

>You won't miss Windows.

If you can't figure out how to run multiple OS for multiple applications you are too stupid to own a computer. An OS exists to run applications, OS are free as in beer (all of them, paying for OS or soft is stupid if not a business), and you can run all you like simultaneously in VMs while using one as host where you need bare metal access.

Having something to do is generally enough. Learning vim is really fun. I probably sound crazy to some.

This. I have a Windows VM with PCI Passthrough for gaming.
I had to do some performance tuning but it's running almost as well as bare metal.

I used to play this game. What it's called again?

Attached: file.png (800x426, 220K)

Tux Racer. 'this in the filename

youtube.com/watch?v=2Q43Zkdre7s

>dejavu

An (incomplete) list of my GNU/Linux-native steam games
>7 Days to Die
>Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition
>Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced Edition
>Ballistic Overkill
>Barony
>Bioshock Infinite
>Borderlands 2
>Cardinal Quest 2
>Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
>Counter-Strike
>Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
>Counter-Strike: Source
>Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
>Day of Defeat: Source
>Day of Infamy
>Dead Island
>Din's Curse
>Divinity: Original Sin
>Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
>Dying Light
>The Escapists
>Goat Simulator
>Guts and Glory
>Half-Life
>Half-Life: Blue Shift
>Half-Life: Opposing Force
>Immortal Redneck
>Insurgency
>Killing Floor
>Left 4 Dead 2
>Metro 2033 Redux
>Metro Last Light Redux
>Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
>Mount and Blade: Warband
>Party Hard
>Pillars of Eternity
>Plague Inc: Evolved
>POSTAL 2
>Serious Sam 3: BFE
>Shadow Warrior
>Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
>Shadowrun Returns + expansions
>Streets of Rogue
>System Shock 2
>Team Fortress Classic
>Team Fortress 2
>Terarria
>Torchlight 2

FUCK OFF

>System Shock 2
It's just the windows version bundled with wine

literally nothing.

Allow me to interject for a moment and hijack this bait thread.
If I want to start learning to code, should I also start using Linux? Or using codeblox on windows like a pleb should suffice for a beginner?
Also, if I go for Linux, is babbys first distro OK (Ubuntu) or should I start with something else?
Thanks for your time, and have a good day

Nigga you enjoy when people laugh at you? xD

Relevant pasta if someone's interested:

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

Thanks for posting my list. And as others said in the last thread, it's not even close to being all of the excellent games that will run natively on GNU/Linux.

Saving this in my pasta folder

does Wine DX11 support still lag the mouse like Wine Dx9 tried it in like 2010 or some thing and it was quite annoying. felt like horrible actually and would always fuck up like the mouse would fly off random and get out of track with the program and feel like you where alt tabbing constantly between diferent aspect ratios and had horrible non consistant feel to tracking.

it wasn't just like some slight acceleration it was truly random and super janky.

if they fixed that I might consider giving Linux a go. DX is going noware wouldn't be supersized if next xbox literally switches to Volkan or openGL or some thing to help it catch up to PS4 gfx.

>newfag /v/ crossposter doesn't get the joke

what games am i missing on windows again?

Remember, you're talking to someone who hacks their consoles.

i do like linux thou but want to know if they finally fixed the mouse on the Wine emulator for playing Dx11 games. i know Linux does actually perform better than windows for gaming on native games and maybe not that far behind on emulated DX ones.

Linux literally performs betting in lots of benchmarks like Haven benchmark etc sure its native support is shit compared to windows but you can emulate all thous singleplayer games on Wine and maybe even some multiplayer ones if they fixed the mouse bugs. if your core multiplayer games have Linux versions you may as well switch if you want some extra fps.

xplane a demanding flightsimulator literally gets double the FPS on Linux compared to windows on the same hardware.

like Xplane is 109fps on windows and 230fps on linux or some thing.. no jokes

and Haven benchmark that benchmark every one uses to show off their 1080s literally gets more fps on Linux than Windows.

But those games are "closed-source: and "Proprietary" vomit. Lord Richard Stallman would be upset.

If you want to play good Linux games just play good PC games since all of them run fine using dxvk or you passthrough.

what does run fine mean thou do they still have mouse tracking problems like Wine Dx9 did?

>Linux literally performs betting in lots of benchmarks like Haven benchmark
That's completely irrelevant since the only benchmarks that truly matter is actually running the game.

THIS THREAD AGAIN!?!

Wine + DXVK keeps most DX11 games running at or above a smooth 60-70 fps, whilst pushing all setting to high or ultra. If you are a casual faggot, who still wants to keep up with modern games in your spare time, that's kind of a big deal.

Attached: 1456726383290.png (515x518, 298K)

NO TUX, NO BUX