It's over. Apple won with their newly revised 2018 Macbook pro

it's over. Apple won with their newly revised 2018 Macbook pro.
Wincels officially on suicide watch

Attached: macbook-pro-with-touch-bar-2018-1200px.jpg (1200x640, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdRpgWYWCZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh no a touchbar on a laptop pretending to be high quality

I'll wait at least two years to know if the keyboard actually works this time.

Is it all really "over"?

Are you going to do this whenever any vaguely powerful laptop from any company gets released? What is the point of this thread?

>apple releases new product that's reasonably incrementally better than the last one
>apple makes more powerful hardware accessible via a la carte customization
>it's over, apple won
Nice bait thread.
It's nice that Apple is offering more computing power for those that need it, and it's impressive how they're able to keep their thin, fanless, sleek design while rivaling desktop computers at a (hopefully decent) temperature.
However, this cannot go without saying that laptops have already had a la carte options like the MBP at much, much lower prices. The base price for an 8GB 13" 128GB dual-core laptop shouldn't be anywhere near 1.3k.
And, may I add, that most people don't need a laptop that rivals a desktop. It is exponentially cheaper to ssh into your home desktop for instances where you need desktop-level computational power. Unless you have someone who is happy to pay for it for you (work, school, etc) it is the wiser option to carry a less powerful laptop.

i don't own an apple suicide watch

you will soon

>"apple won" declared the apple fag
exhaustedfrog.jpg

>macs run mac OS everything else runs windoors
Invalidated right there
There has been no greater marketing feat by apple than to convince the public that a mac is not a computer. That it isn’t literally the same exact fucking hardware with their OS installed to it. That you can’t use any OS you want on it, because it’s a mac, and they’re special somehow.
>hopefully decent
Maybe with software tricks. I own a 13” model of an older MBP and idle temperatures are like 50 C. 90 C easily at load before throttling (intel chipset). Seen it hit 104 C on the CPU die with fan at full speed.
The only good thing they have going is really steady airflow through the chassis. Aka not a lot of turbulence. But what they lack is volume. Not sure if it’s any better in 15” and up models with two fans.

>Just transferred 3k out of my savings
Get excited!

lol newly revised

>looks the exact same as last years
>and the year before
>and then the year before
>then the year before that year

when will apple change their designs ffs

Attached: greatjob.png (411x433, 304K)

>rivals a desktop

Attached: 1443460072035.jpg (201x345, 29K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mdRpgWYWCZg

>4tb storage
>eighth gen i9
>32gb ram
rivals a desktop pretty well tbdesu

tb storage
Storage isn't an intensive requirement, calling a "desktop-level" feature is stupid.
gb ram
Again, not a "desktop-level" feature.
>>eighth gen i9
No fucking way. If they put an i9 in a laptop it'll melt right into the fucking ground.

Does any product really need a radical redesign annually? No.
You make a design and use it until right before becomes stale.

>No fucking way. If they put an i9 in a laptop it'll melt right into the fucking ground.
They did it. It's already done.
Go to Apple's website and configure a MacBook. It's an actual option.

How much is it, $3500?

The specced out one it $6,700. That's if you max out all the options.

it is stale its been the same for years dude

Attached: 1504934499948.gif (350x197, 1.77M)

3 years. It's only been 3 years.

Comparing the spec to Intel's website, they're putting in the i9-8950HK.
Its benchmark performance is higher than recent desktop (circa haswell) CPUs, but that's an obvious result of having more cores available.
It's clear that its single-threaded performance is what you would expect from a mobile chip, the real question is just how much do you need to fuck with the machine to prevent the chip from throttling or melting shit.

Came here to post this
/thread

look at the macbook pro its been the same since 2011 except they removed ports and made it slimmer and added a gimmicky touchbar

What the fuck are you on about? It's gotten increasingly thinner, the keys are larger and the trackpad is fucking huge. The glowing logo is gone and it's available in different colors. There's a touch bar now and a different backlight mechanism for the keys.
What the fuck do you want? Do you want it to be a bezelless circle?

There's only so many ways to design a rectangular laptop.

no i want it to be 2 slabs of aluminum with an amd ryzen processor and an nvidia 1080

my point is that if apple is such an innovator why cant they make a new design just shows how lazy theyve gotten

sure but keeping something the same for nearly 7 years is just stupid they should of came up with some new design rather than a touchbar

>>removed ports
>but uhh user there is only so many ways they they can design a rectangular laptop

apple fags

Christ. The autism.
If you want a modular computer, get a ThinkPad. The MacBook is built with parts that were carefully chosen by its manufacturer for maximum optimization.

>removed ports
>replaced them with ports that can do pretty much anything any other port can do, but better
I see no problem here.

>sure but keeping something the same for nearly 7 years is just stupid they should of came up with some new design rather than a touchbar
the pursuit of perfection doesn't always mean radical changes every day. it sometimes means small, incremental changes.

They're just mad they're gonna have to carry around a lot of dongles.

I'm no Apple fan, and I don't like it either, but that's the reason.

>they're gonna have to carry around a lot of dongles.
False. Just get a single USB hub. I don't understand why people (particularly tech youtubers) keep buying single-purpose dongles for every need and then complain about having too many dongles.
One (1) HyperDrive Duo gives you:
- two USB C ports (with thunderbolt 3 and charge passthrough)
- two standard USB A ports
- an SD card slot
- a micro SD card slot
- HDMI
All in one little dongle.
And you probably won't need that in a few years anyway once everybody has finally switched to USB C.
What more do you want, really?

And all of those ports can be utilized simultaneously, too. So now you actually have access to MORE ports than before.
It's choose your own ports, basically.

>*blocks apple's path*
Enjoy your soldered disposable toy and a proprietary OS.

Attached: X220-22.jpg (800x574, 166K)

Enjoy spending more time ricing and customizing your shit than actually doing anything with it.

But I installed Ubuntu 18.04 with FDE and was settled in within minutes. Pic related, Jeff Dean, the man who made Google what it is today and writes 100,000s more lines of code than you - notice no rice.

Attached: 1485281665513.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

But that's where the fun is for a geek. The joy you could never know.

>Jow Forums memes and desktop threads are a real life representation of everyone using Linux

>4.80 GHz Max Turbo Frequency
too bad they don't say how many seconds it can hold that frequency before emergency throttling it down

Attached: 1519057272270.jpg (400x400, 34K)

>rivals a desktop
lol, no, not even close.

or with my cheap ass dell i get, the same processor, the same level of graphics. the full io without needing a hub, and to save $1400.

The last Dell I used would cut off unexpectedly if you picked it up the wrong way. Dell knows about this and refuses to fix it.
Dell is really just as bad as Apple, and you're not allowed to posture yourself as superior for using their products.

>seconds
Assuming a bit much with that plural I think

samefag

if they didnt announce the iPhone SE2 then I could give a shit less about them.

which monitor is that

Can yo delid and liquid metal your cpu? Those temps are insane.

>Do you want it to be a bezelless circle?
Bezelless screen would be nice, like the Dell XPS. My 2016 XPS has thinner bezzells than the 2018 macbook pro

So pay 100$ to make my 3000$ computer do what a 2000$ computer does out of the box.

Sign me up!