What does Jow Forums think of curved monitors?

What does Jow Forums think of curved monitors?

Are they a gimmick or the new standard? Asking because I am about to buy a new screen and not sure if I should go curved.

Attached: 1531463257863.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

There's no reason to get one yet.
Focus on quality instead of shape.
And stop making this thread.

bump

I ordered one last night. 34' lg ultrawide 1440p

I have a cheapo samsung 24" 72hz with freesync. Curving adds a small "feelgood" nyance from surfing to gaming after you get used to it. I'd still rather put money on quality panel and specs. Don't know if extra wides gain more from the curving.

Curving a 1:1 monitor would make it harder to see and anything wider only exists to consume shit content

A curved monitor is like a curved penis. You don't want any of those.

Only good for TN and/or 28"+ panels

The only reason you'd buy one is if it is TN and it's Yuge screen like this user mentioned , and even then, it's still meh. Don't take me wrong, works wonders as a TV, not so much as anything else, albeit if you do program, having an ultrawide is bretty good. Curved however, unless you plan on watching stuff, not so much. If you are a Gaymer, this is def not that great (unless you play simulation games strictly, like Arma or Planet coaster)

>1:1 monitor
who the fuck makes a 1:1 monitor

This guy

Attached: GrugLeMemer.jpg (800x450, 35K)

bump

My two cents, I wouldnt get one. Going to buy a new monitor too and everytime when i am compare stuff to curved the curved one is to expensive for lower tie lr tech. Maybe in a couple of years? I know in German they use curved screens in IMAX cinemas, which have a pretty decent screen but not more. Don't know anybody with a curved but I think the price is the reason.

Between the LG ips monitors I was comparing the curve was only $50 difference

Has anyone dual curved monitors

could they counter the high fov distance effect in videogames?

Feels pointless and gimmicky.

Has anyone chained enough curved monitors to form a circle?

Looks dope desu

Got a viotek recently. First curved monitor for me, it's actually alright. Was worried about the viewing angle if I'm sitting down ahead of it it gives an awesome picture.

Go to a store in person to look at them before you buy.

I did, and it looked wrong to my eyes as though I was looking through a shallow convex lens.

I would rather have a flat screen, but as I said, look for yourself.

design wide angle glasses.
sell to graphic design students

> tfw both

>1:1 monitor
Re-read this post and let me know if you sincerely think you're making a good point here now that it appears as words on a page and not a thought in your head

They are terrible for seeing straight lines

Actually you're right, text and stuff looks kinda difficult. Flat screens may be better in general, especially if you read a lot

curved like your dick from all those nights alone

I imagine they could be useful on monitors that are really big, at least above 27 inch or ultrawide monitors. But I have never used one so I can't say if there's any negative side effects.

bump