>loads Jow Forums X catalog for 5 seconds
any alternatives to this shit?

Attached: hkjmTas.png (259x235, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/siavash119/qtchan
github.com/Chiiruno/OneeChan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

voat

what kind of toaster shit are you using?
Jow Forums x works fantastic for me.
and im using windows 10

4chanX is way too bloated now.

it's really not in any way bloated

It did the same to me on Greasemonkey, but it works fine on Violentmonkey, FF 61.

>catalog

Attached: soy.png (356x423, 33K)

How the fuck do you navigate Jow Forums without the catalog? Let's say you want to open the chink shit general thread. Do you just keep refreshing the board front page until you see it?

hmmmm i dunno maybe put csg in the search uhm hmmm

Attached: 2018-07-14 13_08_28.jpg (710x70, 7K)

i never got into the catalog

>search

Attached: 1530644200763.png (632x756, 16K)

>Uses OSX
>Accuses others of being basedboys.

i'm not using osx and i'm not the one who posted that dumb wojak shit idiot

Just dont run it on greasemonkey, it works 10x faster on violentmonkey and even better in chromium

github.com/siavash119/qtchan

>Qt5
I'm sorry, no.

what's a good cross-platform alternative?

Cant say I have this issue

Attached: 2018-07-14 08-30-27.webm (1920x1052, 1.76M)

Both Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey have this problem now. Use Violentmonkey and it will work fine.

Why is Jow Forums twice on your board navigation bar?

It's not...

alt+1 ctrl+alt+s "/csg/" shift+o
alt+3 ctrl+f "/csg/" shift+mb3
ctrl+t Jow Forums.org/g/csg click
The only use for the catalog is satiating your autism for seeing everything at once, and being a filthy mouse-only fag.

So this is the power of autism. Imagine how bad your breath smells.

>doesn't like mint

Attached: 1527513188323.jpg (516x850, 67K)

>greasemonkey

You could deploy your own chan with some pleb grade php project on githib. Better yet do one with even better with python flask in under an hour. And if you were actually serious about it you could do something better still. Why don't you do it OP?

>Still using this maymay

Attached: IMG_20180714_112700.jpg (632x756, 105K)

It works for me

Attached: 1531073533162.jpg (414x500, 66K)

>>redirect
There's something horribly wrong with your browser and/or hadware if it gets to redirect at all.

you're doing something wrong

>use greasemonkey
>have OP's problem
>use violentmonkey
>hiroshimoot's scripts break css even with ublock filters to stop them
Wish I knew why using violentmonkey lets those scripts run, because I really prefer it over greasemonkey.

Attached: bogman one.jpg (600x900, 156K)

Time to grow up and switch to Chrome like the rest of us. I have literally no problems. The only reason I'm replying to this thread is because I tried out FF to see if it's still trash for browsing 4chin and it is.

Isn't this just an effect of shit browsers?
On Pale Moon it never loads the vanilla catalog.
On Firefox it does.

Are you retarded? Clicking that button doesn't reload the page, it's just scripting.

t. normie
FF just works.

>Are you retarded? Clicking that button doesn't reload the page, it's just scripting.
I think you're the retard. Different means to the same end. It refreshes more efficiently.

Correct, but that's not what OP is referring to, so it's useless in this discussion.

You're an idiot, he's showing that there is a better way.

>loads default site in less than 0.2 seconds

ok

Except that means nothing for the initial page load nor when you open a thread.

OP isn't even talking about refreshing idiot.

>use hacky JavaScript API extension to inject custom JavaScript into a JavaScript message board
>expect good performance
????

Literally this.

Kek even my FX 6300 runs it fine
0.3second page load time

Retarded enough to use a better method? I guess.
Here I'll reload the entire page. This is on quantum with violentmonkey.

Attached: 2018-07-14 11-38-45.webm (1920x1080, 1.8M)

when i use "grease monkey + latest Jow Forums x script" its slow as fuck and loads like a snail.

but when i use the "Jow Forums x firefox extension' then it works fine. idk why

Dollchan Extension Script.
Thank me later.

use violentmonkey (free as in freedom) or tampermonkey (free as in beer). greasemonkey is old and busted, quantum killed it.

it also fixed captcha issues i was having, thank you!

Attached: 1508095376085.gif (354x287, 2M)

I don't browse generals (subreddits)

I don't like anything debian based.

>Retarded enough to use a better method? I guess.
No, you monkey, it's disingenuous to compare a soft reload of the catalog to the initial load.
Yours works correctly. Why didn't you just post that initially?

The adult just told you it doesn't, little Donald.

>virtue signalling how anti-reddit you are on an anonymous image board, by bragging about not using said board.
have a (you)pvote

Attached: scrot.jpg (800x800, 106K)

Jow Forums X used to work smooth in oppera, but recently the reply preview works like shit. Some random replies start flickering to the point you cant even click the reply to go to the post to see the actual message.
Anyone else experiencing this?

works on my machineā„¢

make your own faggot

magic

Attached: file.png (1091x527, 168K)

How did you set it up so that the CSS doesn't break?
I'm running (fully updated) uBO and Violentmonkey but the CSS still breaks every so often.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
I wish there was a way around it.

Using stylechan helps. Or your own css.

I'll give it a try. I've noticed in your WebM and my Firefox install that uBlock still blocks some domains when on Jow Forums but this literally never happens on Chrome - they never get loaded in the first place.
I wish I knew the reason why.

This and blocking 4chans css works everytime

Attached: asd.png (410x540, 35K)

This T b h

chromium-based browsers make it harder to block things by design.

this. I had it with grease monkey and it took 5-8 seconds to load a thread or catalog but with violent monkey its back to normal

>harder to block by design
>blocks it before firefox
you what

What are you talking about? It is known that chromium browsers make it harder. Why do you think ublock origin extra is needed only on chrome to block the same things ublock origin alone can in firefox?

Attached: 1530017887580.png (1530x800, 104K)

I'm purely speaking from personal experience user and I've had more success on Chromium than Firefox at blocking things, mainly on Jow Forums, as I said in .

You're probably not blocking as much as I am. I'm using custom filters.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (976x798, 81K)

I like all the features, and it's not like you can't modify it yourself.

I've just been using the built in features since they introduced them a few years back. It's nice that everything I needed an extension for previously is now included. At this point Jow Forums extensions just seem like pure autism for people who spend far too much time here

how do you stop the white flash of death when changing pages while using dark mode?

>Let's say you want to open the chink shit general thread
why in the fuck would you ever want to do such a thing?

>because browsers suck

Attached: 1323017606897.jpg (447x444, 16K)

The CSS is breaking because of your shitty superfluous filters. Ublock was updated to block hiroshimoot scripts by default since day 2 of their introduction.

>can't even get appchan to work on FF anymore

just gave up and started using Jow Forums x with the tomorrow theme, but i miss app

Attached: 1515016896122.jpg (201x200, 7K)

AppChan was litterally just 4chanX + OneeChan rolled in to one script instead of two.
Just get both. After I converted I even saved my theme from AppChan and imported it in to OneeChan with no issues.

Also, the last dev of OneeChan sperged out at Microsoft purchasing Github and just deleted her account and repos, didn't even move them else where.
This is a updated fork;
github.com/Chiiruno/OneeChan

>github.com/Chiiruno/OneeChan
Also to follow up on this
ANYONE USING ONEECHAN, UPDATE WITH THIS
The Tapermonkey+uBlock CSS issues is resolved in a combination of the recent updated version of Tapermonkey along with a line line fix of the script thats in this fork.
Most everyone who uses Tapermonkey and has CSS issues in this thread would be fixed if you install this.

I got rid of the custom ones when ublock updated.

just realized stylechan is 404 through that link, what the heck lads?

Thats because it's linking back to Nebukazar's Git, or the lack there of. She was the one that deleted everything.
No one seems to have updated this links yet.

>a single, initial commit from a month ago
yea, that's basically like installing something from pastebin, i'll wait for a more convincing fork to show up, the old one still works

I think we can all agree at this point that OP is a homosexual using Jow Forums-x through a slow-ass script loader like Greasemonkey instead of using Violentmonkey or the Jow Forums-x extension itself.

Now delet

Attached: oplies.jpg (1169x768, 103K)

mine loads about the same or faster.
Running greasemonkey, firefox and all shit is up to date
not once, ever have I had 1 css glitch.. and I've never edited or changed anything, it's all default.

Greasemonkey works fine 100% of the time for me but its slow as fuck compared to Violent.