What high level language do I use if I want to develop cross-platform desktop applications?

What high level language do I use if I want to develop cross-platform desktop applications?
I'm a programming in Java currently but the bullying on Jow Forums and irl is getting to me.
No autistic low level bullshit. I want to get shit done fast.

Attached: 61brkqs6pj2z.jpg (484x497, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.cmu.edu/~ckaestne/15214/s2017/index.html#schedule
cs.cmu.edu/~ckaestne/15313/2017/index.html#schedule
cs.cmu.edu/~bam/uicourse/05863fall17/schedule.html
pragprog.com/book/lhelph/functional-web-development-with-elixir-otp-and-phoenix
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I want to get shit done fast.
This is why the world bullies you
Go fuck yourself

What's wrong with that, you faggot?

tc/tk

If you have to ask what language you need then you're probably in no position to be doing what you're doing anyways

seconded

thirded

What kinds of applications?
The answer to your question would be c++ & qt, but you most likely need a web application.

Forth.
You should use Forth.

I wrote desktop application, mate. And I'm already writing one in Java but I'm asking for the future.
Very helpful.

Java.

As to C++, I have used it several times but it seems overkill for my purposes.
The stuff I write isn't performance heavy but it has to be functioning flawlessly.
C++ has a lot more pitfalls compared to higher level languages.
Besides I'd rather rely on as little third party libraries as possible.

can botNET core into gui yet?

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Don't think so. Otherwise I'd use it cause it's supposed to be that much better than Java.
Maybe I'll do some research and if Windows is the only thing being used in my company/industry I'll just use C#.

>but the bullying on Jow Forums and irl is getting to me.
>listening to Jow Forums
That is your problem all along.

Yeah, but normies irl make fun of it, too. It unironically hurts my feelings.

>I'm a programming in Java currently

Attached: 1528851026543543360.png (518x518, 52K)

Very original. Yet you failed to provide an alternative that fits my requirements.

JavaScript

just install npm packages for everything.

>Cross platform

So you want something that will compile natively to all those platforms. The easiest is likely Java, or anything else that runs in a VM, because write once, export everywhere.
However Java is kind of huge pain in the ass and needlessly complex due to it's 'enterprisey' like feature set. So if you want something dead simple where you can be up and running quickly, Golang would work as it's probably one of the easiest languages going. Get Kernighan's Go book from libgen.io

You could also just use common lisp for this, and have it all to C libraries or even Java libraries. If you want extreme high level then the book Practical Common Lisp is what you want.

I can't unsee that wojack's broken arm.

Man, I with there's actually such a thing. Java only has Swing which is very old and JavaFX is pretty much dead. It's too bad everything is going to web shit. I don't want electron.

Thanks, man. I'm not really sure if it needs to be cross-platform. But I don't like the thought of someone not using my software cause it doesn't run on their OS.
However the industy I work in is full of boomers in age and mind, so my concern might be unfounded.

C++ my man. Ditch Java and become clean.
Become the C++
Become the Bjarn
Join us

I probably sound like a pussy but I like how crash safe Java programs are. They don't completely shit the bed when they encounter an exception.
They're also much easier to debug. I'm a bit afraid of doing big projects in C++. If I waste months and the product ends up to be shit my employer won't be amused.

Then just read software 'engineering' lecture notes
cs.cmu.edu/~ckaestne/15214/s2017/index.html#schedule (Java specific)
cs.cmu.edu/~ckaestne/15313/2017/index.html#schedule (All software specific)
cs.cmu.edu/~bam/uicourse/05863fall17/schedule.html (What your customers will want specific/design)

Really fast = using some framework, like say Elixir + Phoenix pragprog.com/book/lhelph/functional-web-development-with-elixir-otp-and-phoenix
In Java I have no idea, I'm sure it's filled with frameworks you can just pump out shit instead of from scratch design.

fast desktop apps ? electron even if it's unpopular on this board. yarn for the packages, use whatever framework you feel more confortable with for the JS part. the problem is your app is gonna be deprecated as fast as you got it working cuz JS world always evolves