Which Linux Distro is the best to use for privacy and security?

Which Linux Distro is the best to use for privacy and security?

Attached: 21.jpg (702x1000, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heads.dyne.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NixOS

Which gnu/linux distro compared to using Windows or Mac?
All - any of them.

GNI/Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1531602301666.jpg (992x595, 97K)

>privacy and security
>proprietary software
Pick 1.

Tinfoil hat linux best

Hey no worries dude, thanks I didn't know that. I'll take care in the future. If only more people on here could write polite well-spoken posts like yours.

El Primo Pasta

Attached: wHEEEEEEEZ.png (222x293, 148K)

Both are just small parts of the systemd OS.

Attached: 1529714455226.png (717x642, 109K)

Privacy: Tails
Security: QubesOS

Pick one.

Qubes

no one gives a shit about what you do on your computer

Can you recommend me something not quite that extreme on either end, i.e suitable for everyday use.

Nice try mr. spook

Qubes uses whonix which is better than tails model. It's essential impossible to leak an IP unless you have a malware that can break thorugh a Xen vm.

One with all free software. Like, GuixSD.

Whichever one you like, just make sure you use the linux-libre kernel

OP these distros are recommended especially if you're considering exploring the dark web
Also fuck off CIA nigger

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as GNU, is in fact, Linux/GNU, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Linux plus GNU. GNU is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called GNU, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by Linus Torvalds. There really is a GNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. GNU is nothing but userland: the programs in the system that allocate the other programs that you run to the machine's resources. The userland is an essential part of an operating system, but useless without a kernel; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GNU is normally used in combination with the Linux operating system: the whole system is basically Linux with GNU added, or Linux/GNU. All the aptly-named Linux distributions are really distributions of Linux/GNU, unless you're a sensible person that doesn't need to garble out a mouthful of word salad just to feel validated for your contribution to Open Source™.

Attached: 1526746374383.png (300x250, 18K)

do not use a computer, write everything on paper and keep it safe in a safe with two keys. One use it as a necklace, the other insert it inside your anus.

My friend did it and he feels safer than before.

Please avoid using the term “open” or “open source” as a substitute for “free software.” Those terms refer to a different set of views based on different values. The free software movement campaigns for your freedom in your computing, as a matter of justice. The open source non-movement does not campaign for anything in this way.

When referring to the open source views, it's correct to use that name, but please do not use that term when talking about us, our software, or our views—that leads people to suppose our views are similar to theirs.

Attached: 1507617228889.jpg (250x250, 93K)

It is right and proper to mention the principal contribution first. The GNU contribution to the system is not only bigger than Linux and prior to Linux, we actually started the whole activity.

In addition, “GNU/Linux” fits the fact that Linux is the lowest level of the system and GNU fills technically higher levels.

However, if you prefer to call the system “Linux/GNU”, that is a lot better than what people usually do, which is to omit GNU entirely and make it seem that the whole system is Linux.

Attached: 1518298411384.png (450x522, 414K)

None of them. goto OpenBSD, secure by default.

I was actually just takin' the piss out of the Stallman's Witness pastaposter there, but okay.

id just like to interject for a moment, what youre refering to as interject, is in fact interject/interject...

ParrotOS on live usb on ram only mode

Idiot.

this meme has to stop

See that's the thing, Poettering... It's not a meme. This is real, this is reality, this is real life. You did this, this is your fault.

I like elephants, and God likes elephants

Good answers are
But a better answer is "the one you know how to secure and maintain". Also I don't trust software cruft like suystemd, that is why I don't like Qubes or Tails and rather use heads heads.dyne.org/

>turning a cute loli to a hollywood whore
kys

debian