How hard it would be to make a systemdless Fedora fork?

How hard it would be to make a systemdless Fedora fork?

Attached: 3840x2160_px_Fedora_Linux_logo_open_open_Source_Operating_system_Red_Hat-841098.jpg!d.jpg (1600x900, 41K)

Install Gentoo

no ty

init=/bin/bash

done

Why would you even bother to make your own fork? There are a LOT of systemdless distros out there.

this

wouldn't that essentially be creating a new distro?

Anyway one of the big reasons systemd is all over the place is that it makes things easier for distro maintainers, compared to traditional script-based inits.

Youd have to have a shim for every single systemd reliant service, so youd probably have an easier time making a new distro from scratch my dude.

the reason you're even considering a Fedora fork in this case is largely thanks to systemd. so just fucking use it and stop being an autist.

You're using RedHat's pet project, systemd is ingrained into it, if you are planning on forking it, it is better to start from scratch instead.

Just use *BSD, user, there's no systemd there.

Attached: chunniwaifu.jpg (661x960, 84K)

But there are no Fedora based systemdless distros. And i liek Fedora

Yes, indeed, i woud like to create a new distribution for a fedora based systemdless system. And if that is one reason to implement systemd, then, this make it a great chance to work in a solution that does the same.

I know that it is much easier to just fork anything that werks and call it a day, but i want to try to make something big and different.

(you)

delete this thread and kill yourself you larping faggot

this is the most retarded thread I've seen today

Attached: gettyimages-826121550-master-1506462298.jpg (768x512, 57K)

Pretty much impossible
Potteringware is nonremovable

why are you posting the facebook logo?

so it is botnet right?

it would be somewhat difficult but not impossible, as you'll need to repackage services to not depend on systemdicks, plus you'll probably need to bring eudev, openrc and such over from gentoo and package it for Fedora. you'd want to compare RPMs to Fedora 13 or maybe CentOS 6 to see how they packaged things before systemd, then try to build them with new source RPMs.

basically what you'll end up with is a Fedora-like distro that uses RPM, but it won't really be Fedora.

Did that retarded comment make you proud?

not as retarded as using non removable software crap into your "free as in freedom" software

>using free software on your "free as in freedom" software
What's the problem with that? Stop being autistic, if you dislike systemd that much you should just install devuan or something.

>free software that does not let you use another software of your preference or it breaks your shit

yeah, i like that kind of "freedom"

different person, but an init system is the least replaceable thing on a system. If you took devuan and tried to install systemd, you'll have a bad time just like the inverse. If you want a distro where you can do this easily, source based systems like Gentoo will be your best bet as they install the appropriate files from packages as needed to replace components.

>free software can't have dependencies
The point is you're free to remove or change the parts that depend on systemd, just like guixsd did with gnome.

>projecting

>How hard it would be to make a systemdless Fedora fork?
For someone like you who has no idea what they're doing? Very.

thanks for the answer