Wade through the absolute mess that is Linux dealing with countless bugs and problems requiring workarounds or just...

>wade through the absolute mess that is Linux dealing with countless bugs and problems requiring workarounds or just being SOL for a particular issue
>b-but I’m totally free! And microshaft isn’t anonymously spying on me!
>ISP spies on you anyway
>use VPN and deal with performance degradation on top of having to pay monthly for it on top of dealing with Linux shittyness
>cpu spies on you anyway
>use hardware from 2003
>b-but I get real work done on Linux guys!

When did you grow out of the Linux meme?

Attached: 1410826043235.jpg (251x242, 11K)

install gentoo

>implying Tumbleweed has any of these problems
>implying I don't use the root name servers and locally cache DNS on my home server
>implying i use VPN
>implying IME hasn't been fucked with libreboot
>implying i'm not using a dell optiplex from 2015
>implying shitposting and document editing is real work

how much did microshaft pay you for this post which killed some poor other thread?

My internet performance actually improves using a VPN. Get fucked Micocuck.

Linux is a kernel
Linux is not free software

when i switched to superior openbsd

Probably about 2 years into college. That's when I had the most time for it and did try out a bunch of distros and nothing really stuck. Learned some stuff along the way at least but overall I'm not seeing the point of it as a desktop OS. I work for a company that uses it for our servers and it's great there at least and easier than Win Serv for a lot of stuff. This was probably 6-8 years when I was using Linux but looking at stuff now usability hasn't gotten much better likely due to the piss poor attitude of a large portion of the community.

>Run comfy Linux distro of my choice.
>Accept that as long as I'm connect to the web I'll be spied on in some form or fashion.
>Not a gaymer so I give little fucks about that situation. Wine + DXVK handles everything well enough for me.
>Waste my free time ricing out my DE and staring at animu loli.

Attached: 1400540615008 - Copy.png (900x827, 239K)

Hello Mr. Gates

Attached: Bill_Gates_Letter_to_Hobbyists.jpg (1700x2200, 1.95M)

But Linux is Free!!!11 (if you don't value your time.)

Attached: 1529350176192.jpg (1172x1646, 125K)

>t. unemployed virgin weeb

Works on my machine

>being this butthurt

Attached: pointing-emoji.jpg (500x500, 30K)

are you actually mad Poojeet?
saged.

you shouldn't greentext "t." newfag

>t. nigger

Attached: index.jpg (200x193, 10K)

Yes you should, doing it without implies self-description, whereas greentexting it implies quoting the other guy doing a description of himself.
t. meme arrow scientist

Privacy is dead since the 90's. Use the OS you want. Using Linux on the desktop has its advantages so it isn't a meme per-se. Just get your work done OP :)

>use Linux at work
>opted for Ubuntu rather than for pragmatism
>90% of other devs run Ubuntu too, apparently it just comes preinstalled on these laptops
>most tools you need for programming come out of the box, others are just and apt- get away
>things break almost never, for 50+ people using this daily all day long
>when something does break, there's inevitably a stackoverflow/ubuntuforums/archwiki section on it and it's fixed in less than 10 minutes
>people who enter the company and come from a windows background switch after a few months, stating that it has come a lot farther than they expected
>no one switches back to windows
>year of the Linux desktop is truly now
>go on Jow Forums, see OP complaining about bugs and calling things a mess
>he must be retarded or lying

Current state of underage frogposters.

exactly.

>Ubuntu
>things break almost never
Stopped reading there. Keep larping, faggot.

If you use LTS, stick to the official repositories, and don't try to rice the shit out of it, I don't see how you would fuck up the average Ubuntu install

Updating Ubuntu LTS right after installing it makes my laptop display literal bluescreen right after starting this systmeme.