Is pirating psychologically unhealthy? I think I might appreciate, value, and enjoy software more if I pay for it

Is pirating psychologically unhealthy? I think I might appreciate, value, and enjoy software more if I pay for it.

Attached: 1505400880057.jpg (1600x1066, 600K)

isn't that exactly what some anti-piracy ads want to show?

pirate syndrome

Terrible name for a syndrome.

if you're pirating shit and don't either use it or seed it for others what the fuck are you doing

That's how the big evil greedy companies want you to feel.
Friendly reminder you are just money to them.

just pay for shit bro why you so entitled??

that means you didn't need it in the first place

Depends who you pirate from. Try not to pirate from the smaller groups who aren't backed by publishers.

Paying for digital distribution is mentally unhealthy.
Paid digital distribution should not be paid for, it is neither a good or service, it is worth than rent seeking since it takes value away.
The pay pigs and companies refuse to admit that it is a donation, instead they push the "support the developer!" brainwashing line.
You just have the sunk cost mentality and post purchase realization.

the companies aren't entitled to my money just because i use their software

not trying to be hostile, but why aren't they?
It makes sense if the software is free of charge and the developers seek your donation, but that's not piracy at that point

It sounds funny but OP really is on something. There is a reason why most reviewers get shit to check for free.

It sounds funny but OP really is on something. There is a reason why most reviewers get shit to check for free.

is minecraft fun with an inventory editor?

I acquired the software for $0 using my internet connection, that doesn't entitle them to my money. Digital "items" have absolutely 0 scarcity since they can be infinitely copy and pasted,you have to be mentally ill to pay for digital distribution

Attached: digital distribution.png (556x2600, 530K)

Attached: 1530742149143.png (2048x832, 656K)

I like feeling like I got away with something

>I think I might appreciate, value, and enjoy software more if I pay for it.
That sounds psychologically unhealthy to me. Maybe it's better to avoid that kind of false-satisfaction?

accurate

Hey there Richard

You shouldn't use proprietary software, even if you pirate it.

Support is the only reason I would pay >$300 for software.

This is how far sunken cost can drive people... Sad

Companies are just trying to guilt trip you into buying their shit. Daily reminder that you are a literal dollar sign in their eyes and couldn't care less about you in any other way shape or form.