Dell xps 13, is it a meme or really good?

hi fellow anons, i was looking around the articles like best laptops and nearly all them has dell xps 13 either on the first or second. so, my question is did they pay all them to shill the laptop or is it really good, what do you guys think about it?

Attached: B269AD93-9A55-46EE-9BD7-7C21730073F0.jpg (830x467, 63K)

uh

why bother

It's no IBM era Thinkpad, but it's quite good.

if you don't mind slightly less i/o and higher thermals (apparently goes away after a week of windows update) i would go with pic related instead, is the first 13" with a dedicated GPU for CUDA and has a really nice screen (not 4k, but still very decent) for ~$1100-$1500

Attached: mxp.jpg (800x451, 178K)

It has a few problems but its decent, XPS 15 is the good one.

enjoy your coil wine

had it for like 3 generations

>Chinese shit

Never.

where the fuck do you think those xps's come from?

Taiwan.

Need i/o for my keyboard and mouse and egpu

hmm, so should i just get macbook pro? what you guys suggest, i only use it for music producing, Jow Forums, youtube but it will be on everyday for at least like 15 hours. budget is 2500~ max

anybody knows if the inspiron 13 7000 non convertible thing has decent battery life?

There is absolutely nothing on the market that can even rival the price/performance/quality of the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Displays.

... no of course you shouldn't get the fucking macbook pro
do you need powerful hardware for music prod ? i doubt it, then don't pay 2500$ for a fucking laptop, just get an x1 carbon or a zbook or something, they're far more powerful than a mac, don't have shit build quality and keyboards, etc ....
hell even an XPS is better but i don't like recommending it because i've had many bad experiences in the past, but who knows they might've changed

Prove it with statistics and charts which include multiple brands and models. Oh, you were just talking out of your ass again? Maybe you got them mixed up since both holes are of similar size in your case.

White laptops are gay

Taiwan is the real china.

I have an XPS 13 9360. I like it, but there is on massive annoyance that keeps me using my old thinkpad -when I lift the laptop by one corner, or put pressure on the bottom, the trackpad stops working. I have done everything I can think of from taking it apart, checking the ribbon cables, checking the battery, and I cant seem to get it to stop. Super annoying.

Similar issue although if I remove the diver it has nip issue. Sucks though because now I can't use gestures.

Whats the best budget laptop with a thunderbolt 3 port for an egpu?

What driver did you remove. I actually pulled my XPS out again and started fucking with it, I dont get the issue in BIOS, but I do in Ubuntu, so it might not be a hardware issue.

Debating between a XPS 13 or a XPS 15. Currently have a Macbook Air, but probably not going to get another Apple laptop unless the new Air is really worth it.
But the 15 really isn't much bigger than my Air, just 2.5cm wider and 1cm taller, more or less. And the biggest bonus of the 15 is being able to upgrade the RAM if desired.

I really like the build quality of the XPS line, everything else i've fiddled around in store felt somewhat flimsy in comparison.

it's a really good meme

>MacBooks made in USA!
Sad

I like it. I use it for programming at work and it's able to last the whole day and then some, the battery life is fantastic. I prefer my old thinkpad's keyboard by far, but amongst the other ultrabooks I've tried the XPS seems to have one of the better keyboards (anything that isn't a butterfly switch seems like a god-send by comparison, honestly). It's also extremely compatible with Linux, I've tried pretty much every distro on it and it's great. I would opt for the 9360/9560 over the 9370/9570, though. The hardware improvements on the newer model are negligible and the new one goes the way of dongles thanks to ditching usb ports. Plus, you'd likely be able to get the 9360/9560 for cheaper anyway.

Plz respond. I have tried libinput and synaptics and they both fuck rocks

eGPUs are a meme unless you really are traveling a lot and can't just game on a desktop which by the time you pay for the eGPU and the better laptop will be the same price but better since you lose a decent amount of performance running the same card as a eGPU plus the thermal throttling that easily happens on laptops.

don't these things have horrible coil whine?

Good point.